Roster next season

2,322 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Method Man
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Caldwell
Gilder
Flagg
Hogg
Davis

Starks
Chandler
Jasey

Potentially leaving:
Williams
Trocha
Vila
Eubanks

Are we gonna lack depth again or are some
Of these rumored to be leaving coming back? That's a young roster.

I'll hang up and listen.
wacarnolds
AG
Method Man said:

Are we gonna lack depth again

In the front court, yes.

If Williams leaves as expected, I think we will have a big problem with athleticism up front. Tyler is a load, but plays below the rim. Trocha and Hogg are not interior guys. Can Jasey be expected to contribute?
gunan01
AG
On your potentially leaving list, only one of those players (Williams) is leaving because he's good enough to play in the NBA. Where is Trocha going? Vila? Eubanks leaving due to injury?

Really need to have Trocha back to add to frontline depth.
Method Man
All rumors but
Trocha pro in another country
Vila back to Europe
Eubanks was just a guess based on PT and who we have coming back.

Also, does it matter that only one is good enough for the NBA?
GE
AG
Method Man said:

All rumors but
Trocha pro in another country
Vila back to Europe
Eubanks was just a guess based on PT and who we have coming back.

Also, does it matter that only one is good enough for the NBA?
All three of those have pure speculation as their basis.
Method Man
Really four. I guess we need hard facts before we discuss it. See y'all in a month or more.
TMartin
Trocha did not have a good year but I wouldn't count on Kennedy to know whether he or Williams are leaving or not. Villa never played so I'm not sure why he recruited him. Besides, all this becomes a good excuse for next year.
TopoTacos
AG
I really don't see Trocha or Vila leaving to play in a foreign league. Vila might transfer, but I would imagine that Kennedy/Staff have included him in their plans for the next few seasons. He needed time to acclimate to the style and intensity of the game here and I'm expecting a very productive offseason for him.
Aston04
AG
Quote:

On your potentially leaving list, only one of those players (Williams) is leaving because he's good enough to play in the NBA. Where is Trocha going? Vila? Eubanks leaving due to injury?

Probably about as knowledgeable as our boosters that make decisions.
Method Man
Remember, if Hop insinuates Trocha or Eubanks are gonna leave not to say anything GE, but if I do please blow it off.
Aston04
AG
*Eubanks- Might leave because he's not good enough for high major basketball. He's a role player at best for us (with a decent guard roster that is).

*Vila- Might leave because he had a terrible year. Was highly sought after to play on teams in Europe (maybe not as much though after this year). May decide that's the better route now while they still want him. He has the physical tools that no doubt Billy K will still want to keep him if he can.

*Trocha- Obviously NBA is not an option. Pro ball somewhere is a very good option (especially since he's not American- South American leagues prefer local guys). Sure he can stay here and play at his natural position again (assuming Williams is gone), but he can go play at his natural position overseas and get paid. He's already 22 or 23. He does seem to really enjoy being an Aggie though.

*Williams- Appears to like being a college student. I just think there's too much $ on the table for him not to go (us sucking this year doesn't help our case for him to turn down the $ for one more season).

*OP forgot Caleb Smith- If he has any other options, I say he gone. Can't even beat out 2 walk-ons. That said, not sure he actually would have D1 options to switch to. If we do trapdoor kids, this would be it (if we need the scholarship).
DeangeloVickers
AG
No worries we will be ready the next year....Or maybe it is the year after that.

I'm still so depressed we are not making a change
Hop
Staff
AG
gunan01 said:

Really need to have Trocha back to add to frontline depth.

For the 272nd time, the NBA is far from the only option to earn good money playing basketball. This isn't American Football...
jml2621
Trocha = Euro League

With RW - wins a game or more in the NCAAT.

Without RW, First 4 IN - bubble team.
jml2621
Ryno01 said:

No worries we will be ready the next year....Or maybe it is the year after that.

I'm still so depressed we are not making a change

LOCK for an NCAAT bid with Buzz.

Sad!
jeffdjohnson
How bad are the Euro leagues that Trocha can make money playing in them? Is there an international shortage of 30%, 3 point shooters who can't rebound?
sleepybeagle
AG
Any update on this given today's news?
Method Man
sleepybeagle said:

Any update on this given today's news?

Yes. Disregard. Now only our coaching can fail us.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.