DISGRACED Trailer (Documentary on Baylor/Dennehy murder)

3,528 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DirtyMikesBoys
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
posted this on Old Rivalries as well, but some of you my not venture over there. This admittedly isn't directly aggie hoops related, but I figured it would be of interest to a lot of you.

A friend of mine has been working on this project for a long time. This is debuting at SXSW and airing on Showtime on 3/31

Gap
AG
Given the topic covered in this Showtime documentary, it is absolutely beyond belief Baylor's athletic department is where it is today with the rape and sexual assault scandal that recently came to light.
BQ_90
AG
Gap said:

Given the topic covered in this Showtime documentary, it is absolutely beyond belief Baylor's athletic department is where it is today with the rape and sexual assault scandal that recently came to light.
Their MBB has come back from that, my guess is Like now they feel they in the right and everyone is out to get them
Tobias Funke
AG
I dated a girl in college who's family was very close to the Blisses. It's astounding what people will allow themselves to believe when they want to
Seven Costanza
AG
Bliss is somehow employed as a basketball coach at Southwestern Christian University.
JaceAG12
Damn that looks good thanks for sharing I'll be tuning in
DeangeloVickers
AG
Cant wait to see....

Again, their ability to not have an opens record request and STILL receive state/funding AND act as the bastions of righteousness......is well.....Im not sure there is a good enough adjective to describe.....only thing I can think of is

You're Baylor

http://www.baylor.edu/dps/index.php?id=925783

No way in HELL will my kids go to that university
Method Man
Baylor had the sec POTY and Big 12 POTY on their team.
TMartin
After so many years of this kind of institutionalized behavior at Baylor my only take away is that Baylor first and foremost is a law school and doesn't worry about these kinds of events.
pimplepopper
AG
Ryno01 said:

Cant wait to see....

Again, their ability to not have an opens record request and STILL receive state/funding AND act as the bastions of righteousness......is well.....Im not sure there is a good enough adjective to describe.....only thing I can think of is

You're Baylor

http://www.baylor.edu/dps/index.php?id=925783

No way in HELL will my kids go to that university
Watch out for Kim Mulkey's right cross.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EKG1996
AG
Method Man said:

Baylor had the sec POTY and Big 12 POTY on their team.
Yep. They are pretty good in basketball this year. They were really good in football under Art Briles as well. However it appears they have a problem running an Athletic Department in a manner that doesn't conflict with the morals and ethics their school was founded on. It would be one thing if it was an isolated event. It appears to be a clear pattern with them.

mallen
AG
Dave Bliss was employed at Allen Academy in Bryan for several years after leaving Baylor then subsequently broke some rules while coaching there. He claimed people were out to get him because of his past.

In spite of this, he seems to be moving up the coaching ranks again.
AggieTFA06
AG
If I had a daughter, I would not want to have her at Baylor, nor would I want to have her coached by Dave Bliss.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
DeangeloVickers
AG
I just watched this.....and nothing was surprising..
The closing statement about Baylor having a cancer within their University is spot on. You can hide it and remove it...But it will keep coming back.

Baylor will do what's best for Baylor. Everything else be damned. Pretty sad when you watch a documentary and feel sorry for the alledged murderer...

The most amazing thing to me is.....The alumni just doesn't care.

They have no open records.....The judges are Baylor...The attorneys are Baylor...The internal investigation is done by Baylor people.

When will the alumni base demand more?!?! Masked at a Christian University?!?!
alamoaggie 64
"Again, their ability to not have an opens record request and STILL receive state/funding"

What state funding are you talking about? Baylor is a private school.
DeangeloVickers
AG
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/02/28/texas-democrat-demands-texas-rangers-investigate-baylor-university-sex-assault-wants-state-funds-halted/
TXAggie2011
AG
Ryno01 said:

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/02/28/texas-democrat-demands-texas-rangers-investigate-baylor-university-sex-assault-wants-state-funds-halted/

Well, I suppose if you click on the ESPN link you can actually read a little bit about the state funding.

Does Breitbart actually pay folks to write mediocre rip offs of other websites' stories?
Ag13
AG
mallen said:

Dave Bliss was employed at Allen Academy in Bryan for several years after leaving Baylor then subsequently broke some rules while coaching there. He claimed people were out to get him because of his past.

In spite of this, he seems to be moving up the coaching ranks again.

He got Allen Academy kicked out of TAPPS if I remember correctly. Don't even know how that is possible.
Sandman23
AG
Bliss just "resigned" from Southwestern Christian. The parties did not discuss the reasons why...but I think we all know.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Came here to see if anyone else had watched this.. From someone too young at the time to know what happened, I was learning all of the details for the first time.

I'm still trying to digest what exactly happened, best friends were scared enough of someone's threats to purchase guns to protect themselves, then one kills the other? Very very odd. Did the news at the time raise the same questions the doc did about maybe they weren't alone out there, etc.? Their roommate explaining how paranoid they were over the threats, and everyone saying how close they were is so weird to me. Unbelievable story.. sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Even if you take Bliss out of the situation completely, the crime and subsequent plea deal themselves are insane.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.