The Caleb Smith whiff is a big reason this season tanked

3,327 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BrandoC
Aston04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some people are misinterpreting my thread.

BK getting to the point where it looks like he offered a glorified walk-on in Smith is 100% on BK (yes if you can't beat out Collins you are that level player, sorry). My point was that mistake by BK may be have been his most fatal error heading into this season. That said, even if BK brought in a real guard, we are still probably barely above .500 in conference because BK is not a big time level college basketball coach. But at least Collins would have been sitting all year near the end of the bench where he belongs.
txag72
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Aggie09Derek said:
Hampton has been as good or better as Anthony Collins

He's just on a much worse team

Getting collins and dropping A Rob also a whiff
THIS combined with the Hogg under-expectation performance are the keys to any success we might have had this season, especially with the over-expectation performance of RW.
PatAg
AG
Aston04 said:

Some people are misinterpreting my thread.

BK getting to the point where it looks like he offered a glorified walk-on in Smith is 100% on BK (yes if you can't beat out Collins you are that level player, sorry). My point was that mistake by BK may be have been his most fatal error heading into this season. That said, even if BK brought in a real guard, we are still probably barely above .500 in conference because BK is not a big time level college basketball coach. But at least Collins would have been sitting all year near the end of the bench where he belongs.
That's an interesting take on it. So he either badly misjudged his talent initially, or isn't good enough to coach him up. Like, why would he offer a player if he can't beat out a bad walk on
BrandoC
AG
Crappy defense and low shooting percentage is what tanked this team. Billy Kennedy is to blame as well as the whole team.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.