Kennedy's Gotta Go

10,276 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PaRappa
fightinag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quality players who can score but cant play or are not taught to play defense.
Absolutely terrible coaching.
How can we get really elite players to come to A&M when the coaching is this poor.
Then again.....Sumlin does it !
But with the same "ALSO RAN" results
Time for A&M to step up and clean house....in both sports !!
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
sincereag
There's one word to describe A&M Athletics right now- Mediocrity.
PaRappa
The only hope is that what Kennedy was reportedly telling people even before this season remains true. He is going to retire to better take care of his condition, as it is more advanced than has been publicly revealed. He would take a job in the AD, and increase his quality of life.

He is pretty mediocre/bad coach without a high quality assistant on his bench (see Prohm at MSU and Stansbury here) but we all knew that.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Life for all of us will be so much easier and more pleasant if we just come to grips with the return of BK next year. We should take a deep breath, scream out loud "THAT SUCKS!" and then move on with life. He's going nowhere, just like our basketball team. Period.

P.S. THAT SUCKS!!!!

AgsNguyen
AG
PaRappa said:

The only hope is that what Kennedy was reportedly telling people even before this season remains true. He is going to retire to better take care of his condition, as it is more advanced than has been publicly revealed. He would take a job in the AD, and increase his quality of life.

He is pretty mediocre/bad coach without a high quality assistant on his bench (see Prohm at MSU and Stansbury here) but we all knew that.
BKs performance aside I am surprised his health is not brought up more. Whenever I see and hear him in an interview my thought is my god this guy looks bad and sounds worse. Its like he is dog tired 24/7. A d1 college coaching job is exhausting for even a perfectly healthy man.
PaRappa
It is bothering him more and more. He is in year 6 of it, and it is one of those things that does not get better, especially in an environment as stressful as this one.
TangoMike
AgsNguyen said:

PaRappa said:

BKs performance aside I am surprised his health is not brought up more. Whenever I see and hear him in an interview my thought is my god this guy looks bad and sounds worse. Its like he is dog tired 24/7. A d1 college coaching job is exhausting for even a perfectly healthy man.
He looked/sounded the exact same at Murray St. I'm not a rheumatologist, but I honestly can't see much difference between now and when he was hired.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
sincereag said:

There's one word to describe A&M Athletics right now- Mediocrity. Time for the new AD to do something about it.
Did you see the Women WIN the SEC swimming CHAMPIOSHI:P ??????????????????????????
Rocco S
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

sincereag said:

There's one word to describe A&M Athletics right now- Mediocrity. Time for the new AD to do something about it.
Did you see the Women WIN the SEC swimming CHAMPIOSHI:P ??????????????????????????
You're being sarcastic here, right?
sincereag
I was mainly referring to the big three sports in men's programs.
PaRappa
Kennedy has done the worst of the big three sports HCs since he has been here. The other two are mostly mediocre with the occasional good year. Kennedy is awful with one good year.
AgsNguyen
AG
sincereag said:

I was mainly referring to the big three sports in men's programs.
aka the only sports most people care about. Look Its nice being good in soccer, softball or track. But Ill trade 10 national titles in any of those sports for 1 college fb playoff appearance or a final four.
Method Man

sincereag said:

No. No one did because no one cares about swimming.
ironmanag
AG
Method Man said:

sincereag said:

I care because these ladies are Aggie Athletes.
Method Man
No you don't.

Look we all want to do well. If swimming was taken away from Aggie athletics and replaced with gymnastics. No one would care.
BQ_90
AG
ironmanag said:

Method Man said:

sincereag said:

So ironman, how much money do you give to the womans swimming program? Do you give the same amount that you give for football right, since they're all Aggie Athletes
AgsNguyen
AG
ironmanag said:

Method Man said:

sincereag said:

So when you say you care about aggie ladies swimming how exactly do you "care". Have you ever been to a meet? Can you name one aggie swimmer off the top of your head? Do you even know when swim season is?
I cant give an answer to any of my questions. If your definition of caring is hoping they win and saying good job when you hear we won something in swimming then you can mark me down as also caring. But if I live to be 100 years old I am betting I will never go to an aggie swim meet, track meet and a bunch of other sports that aren't football baseball and basketball.
Yell Practice
Apparently Coach BK is not ready to leave Aggieland yet. He will leave at his choice.
Steeple
Tolerance of mediocrity is a crime against those seeking excellence. Once leadership shows that it accepts mediocrity, those seeking better can only be discouraged.

Great leaders rip out mediocrity by its roots.
TexasAGGIEinAR
LOL at everyone upset at someone who cares that our Women's Swimming & Diving team won a title. Just as funny that in order to be a fan of a sport, you have to donate money to it. What an imbecile. Let the man support whatever he likes. It's not his fault the basketball team sucks. Hell, I'm proud of em too!
fightinag
Steeple said:

Tolerance of mediocrity is a crime against those seeking excellence. Once leadership shows that it Accepts Mediocrity, those seeking better can only be discouraged.
fify

I'm begiining to think that's what the A&M stands for
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Yell Practice
Hope that Coach BK puts his health problems first, whatever that requires.
Method Man
Yell Practice said:

Apparently Coach BK is not ready to leave Aggieland yet. He will leave at his choice.

Wish I could suck at my job, make millions and make my own terms.
Method Man
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

LOL at everyone upset at someone who cares that our Women's Swimming & Diving team won a title. Just as funny that in order to be a fan of a sport, you have to donate money to it. What an imbecile. Let the man support whatever he likes. It's not his fault the basketball team sucks. Hell, I'm proud of em too!

How did he support them?
TexasAGGIEinAR
He claimed he supported them. That's good enough for me. I'm not gonna assume a man is a liar until he shows me otherwise.
rugger74
AG
I support all Aggie sports, not with money or actual attendance at games, but by streaming games and rooting for all our athletes. A lot of Ags only pay attention to the big 3 , but they all do not donate money or attend the games.
AgsNguyen
AG
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

He claimed he supported them. That's good enough for me. I'm not gonna assume a man is a liar until he shows me otherwise.
No ones calling him a liar. A few people just asked how he supported the swim team. I am for the aggie swim team winning so if that qualifies a support I may be a supporter and not yet realize it. But as far as ever going to watch them or giving money? Don't see that ever happening
Yell Practice
GoodOldAgs
Drain the swamp
PatAg
AG
rugger74 said:

I support all Aggie sports, not with money or actual attendance at games, but by streaming games and rooting for all our athletes. A lot of Ags only pay attention to the big 3 , but they all do not donate money or attend the games.
I don't even give a **** about the baseball team. College baseball is horrible to watch (the bats)

I still support the team, in that I'd like for them to do well, and when they make it to the post season, I'll catch games.

Most people only watch Football and basketball for college sports.
Method Man
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

It's not binary. He can support them like we all do which is smile when they win something and not care at all until they do OR he could go to meets, donate specifically to swimming and diving etc.

Any fool can smile and say they support our athletes. It's not tangible at all but hey good for them.
drilloil
AG
Only stat that is needed with Kennedy. In 19 seasons as a head coach he has made NCAA post season appearance 3 times. At TAMU 1 in 6 tries. At least he's consistent.
terata
AG
He's not going away. Get used to it.
Method Man
terata said:

He's not going away. Get used to it.

are you happy about it or do you just like pissing on the parade?
Hop
Staff
AG
Tribe2013 said:

AgsNguyen said:

PaRappa said:

He looked/sounded the exact same at Murray St. I'm not a rheumatologist, but I honestly can't see much difference between now and when he was hired.

There has been a noticeable change in the past year. If you think he looks the same as he did seven years ago then you are not looking too closely.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.