too painful to watch

4,663 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rocco S said:

t - cam said:

Method Man said:

He's made the tourney once in six years TCam. Four of those six years were flat awful.
Good point and I have already agreed he should be gone.

Last year we had the most wins in our history.
Tied the highest seed in our history
and went as far in the tournament as we had ever gone in our history.

If it wasn't #1 than it was #2 and it is in fact very close.
I think there is a significant gap. The win @KU, running the sips out of our gym, everyone's favorite Aggie basketball player ever, and a coach Aggieland was in love with. To me, there was a lot more that was memorable about that team.

Just don't try to tell us last year's team is anywhere near the quality of 06-07. In addition to just watching each play, we got ran out of the gym in last year's sweet 16, where the 06-07 team was a hair away from an elite 8.

I value hardware which is why I would put it above. Could that 07 team been better? Sure, but I'll take the title and banner have in the rafters than the 2nd place finish.
_lefraud_
AG
So had the '07 team been 3 points better than Tech on either night they played, the '07 team would be better, without question, right?

Do you know how dumb that sounds?
t - cam
AG
_lefraud_ said:

So had the '07 team been 3 points better than Tech on either night they played, the '07 team would be better, without question, right?

Do you know how dumb that sounds?

They had a better season. I did not say they were better. They achieved the same round in the ncaa, won their conference and made their conference final. That 07 team has a deplorable showing in the conference tourney and thus ended the year with nothing to show for their efforts.

This should not be a difficult concept to grasp. I love the 07 team and was probably my favorite a&m team in any sport ever but I recognize that last year's hoops teams accomplished more.
Method Man
The conference tourney is nearly meaningless, tcam. Circumstances matter as well and the 07 team had to go through a better conference.

The 07 team also finished with a higher ranking and didn't get blown out in the sweet 16.
t - cam
AG
Method Man said:

The conference tourney is nearly meaningless, tcam. Circumstances matter as well and the 07 team had to go through a better conference.

The 07 team also finished with a higher ranking and didn't get blown out in the sweet 16.

Ok
Pumpkinhead
AG
I would give 2006-2007 my own personal vote of best season in last approx. 25 years (won't pretend to know much about Aggie hoops in the 80's).

I can see arguments either way, but some things like Acie Law's All-American season and a bit better overall comparative efficiency numbers, plus a more competitive showing in Sweet Sixteen trump the conference title, for me personally.

2015-2016 Would get my vote as second best.

Both deserve to be called 'great' seasons for Texas A&M, given our history.
Yell Practice
Deputy Travis Junior
Deputy Travis Junior
A bit random, but YouTube recommended this to me. No surprises; both Kennedy and Finebaum seem somewhat shocked at the very idea of a Kennedy pink slip, though they don't really comment on his long-term future.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.