too painful to watch

4,663 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
DoubleOEight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...lack of coaching these quality young men is just dereliction of duty from president of university on down!
Phog06
AG
Poor fundamentals
DoubleOEight
AG
another coaching fail! pure and simple.
TempleAg97
AG
Obviously nobody that matters cares. To allow thuis garbage for so long is mind boggling.
peace
S
This is the part that really hurts, - these young men/players came to Aggieland with the idea of being coached and given direction, etc. They have apparently gotten none of that!!! Sad, really sad!
t - cam
AG
DoubleOEight said:

...lack of coaching these quality young men is just dereliction of duty from president of university on down!

Let me know what specifically you would have done differently with this personnel.
cedar
Kennedy is just terrible.
t - cam
AG
cedar said:

Kennedy is just terrible.

I don't think he's good but tonight I thought he was fine.
Steeple
the three coaches who left last year (one of whom was mainly a recruiter) have been replaced by two recruiters and one coach who seems to have had no impact at all on our offensive schemes.

amir and darby can coach; not much help otherwise.
Deputy Travis Junior
I get that we had far too many turnovers and didn't take care of business on the defensive glass (we grabbed 21 def boards and gave up 16 offensive boards, which is horrific), but these ridiculous FT disparities on the road sure are annoying. The numbers don't have to be exactly the same, but when the FT ratio is pushing 3 to 1, that's almost always bull**** reffing.
zooguy96
It seems by the play of the team that they haven't been taught fundamentals, lack focus (turnovers), and seem lacksidasical on offense. Plus, the defense (sans blocks) isn't as solid. They also play timid and not tough (like a BCG coached team).

We need a new coach next year - plain and simple. Anyone who denies that doesn't care about being even competitive in basketball. The results from the last 6 years speak for themselves.
sellthefarm
AG
t - cam said:

DoubleOEight said:

Let me know what specifically you would have done differently with this personnel.

Hustle.
Value the ball.
Quit playing Collins except for a minute or two to give gilder a break.
Basically only pull one starter at a time unless they're in foul trouble. Some of the rotations have been laughable.
Work the officials. If it didn't work every other coach in America wouldn't do it.
Quit letting Tony jack up threes. He's shooting a terrible percentage.
Did I mention hustle. I swear we play at 80%.
Aston04
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

I get that we had far too many turnovers and didn't take care of business on the defensive glass (we grabbed 21 def boards and gave up 16 offensive boards, which is horrific), but these ridiculous FT disparities on the road sure are annoying. The numbers don't have to be exactly the same, but when the FT ratio is pushing 3 to 1, that's almost always bull**** reffing.
why should our soft spoken coach ever get calls on the road? It's an easy calculation for refs. You think it's just bad luck this happens time and again to BK on the road?
Aston04
AG
sellthefarm said:

t - cam said:

DoubleOEight said:

Hustle.
Value the ball.
Basically only pull one starter at a time unless they're in foul trouble. Some of the rotations have been laughable.
Work the officials. If it didn't work every other coach in America wouldn't do it.
THIS
BrandoC
AG
Williams lack of hustle has been hard to watch since we started league play. The guy has his moments, block shots, this and that but he also lazily lolligags up and down the court.
Franz Joseph
Williams is the least of our problems.
Rongagin71
AG
Aston04 said:

why should our soft spoken coach ever get calls on the road? It's an easy calculation for refs. You think it's just bad luck this happens time and again to BK on the road?

It does seem odd that I see quite a few comments to the effect that our players could try harder...
But we consistently get called for MORE FOULS than the team that is supposedly trying harder than us.
Perhaps it gets discouraging to be called for a foul every time you "try too hard"?
Perhaps we need better coaching on what are fouls?
Perhaps our coaches could be more active (I mean it does not seem like the refs could be any worse)?
jml2621

The season is finishing like the ending of AI. Can't get more depressing...
jml2621
Franz Joseph said:

RW and Gilder are the only reasons to watch.
sellthefarm
AG
BrandoC said:

Williams lack of hustle has been hard to watch since we started league play. The guy has his moments, block shots, this and that but he also lazily lolligags up and down the court.

Williams lack of hustle is because we have a coach that doesn't value hustle. It's a coaching problem not a player problem.
Deputy Travis Junior
I get the concept of working the ref and agree that Kennedy should do more of it, but you shouldn't have to work the ref to prevent 40 minutes of one-sided reffing on the road.
Method Man
We cut the lead to two and Eubanks gave up an open jumper and then couldn't catch a pass that hit his hands.
Texas A&M
Franz Joseph said:

Agreed.....but that lack of hustle on the missed free throw was embarrassing.
Tobias Funke
AG
jml2621 said:

The season is finishing like the ending of AI. Can't get more depressing...

This might be the most randomly selected analogy I've ever seen in the history of ever
old yeller
AG
Method Man said:

We cut the lead to two and Eubanks gave up an open jumper and then couldn't catch a pass that hit his hands.

How do you know that?
Method Man
I saw the highlights on SEC Now.
Ulrich
Rongagin71 said:

Aston04 said:

It does seem odd that I see quite a few comments to the effect that our players could try harder...
But we consistently get called for MORE FOULS than the team that is supposedly trying harder than us.
Perhaps it gets discouraging to be called for a foul every time you "try too hard"?
Perhaps our coaches could be more active (I mean it does not seem like the refs could be any worse)?

Teams that play lazy, sloppy defense often get called for a lot of fouls. They get out of position and have to resort to swiping and grabbing.
old yeller
AG
Method Man said:

I saw the highlights on SEC Now.
Charlie 31
AG
Hey, Hey!

Ho, Ho!

Billy Kennedy's gotta go!!!
Rongagin71
AG
Ulrich said:

Rongagin71 said:

Aston04 said:

Teams that play lazy, sloppy defense often get called for a lot of fouls. They get out of position and have to resort to swiping and grabbing.

Appreciate your answer...Wish I knew more about basketball.
t - cam
AG
sellthefarm said:

t - cam said:

DoubleOEight said:

Hustle.
Value the ball.

Work the officials isn't a thing.
You honestly got Lack of hustle of of this game?
jt16
AG
t - cam said:

sellthefarm said:

t - cam said:

DoubleOEight said:

Hustle.
Value the ball.

Work the officials isn't a thing.
You honestly got Lack of hustle of of this game?

I couldn't tell you about the hustle in the game, but work the officials is most definitely a thing. Do you really believe it's something that's made up?
rgt99
When you have been reading the same threads for six years, I think it's time to cut ties.
TMartin
I tried to watch several times but just kept flipping the channel until I gave up........ugly basketball.
Hop
Staff
AG
rgt99 said:

When you have been reading the same threads for six years, I think it's time to cut ties.

As frustrating as some of these basketball posters can be, I really don't want to see them leave.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.