Eubanks tonight, will he or won't he?

2,147 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bobinator
txag72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK, so after seeing the article posted earlier and his last game, what are the thoughts on his role tonight? Is he now a 25 minute guy every game? Productive? Is Arkansas the kind of game that his "skill set" would be a positive? Nothing like a "new player" 80% thru the season for a little drama. Thoughts?
bobinator
AG
I have a feeling Arkansas might try to actually guard us, so he'll have to play a little quicker. We'll see I guess.
txag72
AG
That didn't take long....3 minutes in and he's playing.
Hop
Staff
AG
Will he or won't he air ball a putback?
Method Man
There were people saying he was better than Hogg.
BlackUnisRoll
Eubanks was responsible for at least six turnovers that led to breakaway points for Arkansas. The last was because he couldn't catch a pass at the top of the circle. I don't understand those that think he is an upgrade from Collins.
Canyon99
Not saying he is leaps and bounds better but Collins adds nothing IMO. Nothing at all.
Hop
Staff
AG
Canyon99 said:

Not saying he is leaps and bounds better but Collins adds nothing IMO. Nothing at all.
And I'm not saying Collins should be out there, but Eubanks brings negative. Nothing is better than negative. Eubanks had a -4 assist-to-turnover margin and his turnovers were out-front that directly led to easy transition buckets.

Collins had a +2 assist-to-turnover ratio and would have been +3 had Williams not dropped the ball on a dunk. Collins can dribble the ball. Eubanks can't.
jt16
AG
Hop said:

Canyon99 said:

And I'm not saying Collins should be out there, but Eubanks brings negative. Nothing is better than negative. Eubanks had a -4 assist-to-turnover margin and his turnovers were out-front that directly led to easy transition buckets.

Collins had a +2 assist-to-turnover ratio and would have been +3 had Williams not dropped the ball on a dunk. Collins can dribble the ball. Eubanks can't.

Collins problem is he picks his dribble up too often. That's a clear sign of being uncomfortable. He needs to figure that out because it screws up any chance of an offensive set.
jml2621
Hop said:

Canyon99 said:

They're both awful right now. Collins as a higher turnover rate. Eubanks sometimes looks like he's played the game before. Limited minutes for each.
TangoMike
Hop said:

Canyon99 said:

This is delightfully [potentially] confusing
DeangeloVickers
AG
I swore up and down Eubanks couldnt be worse than Collins...and he was last game

So....it's either
Collins...the PG with one of the highest turnover %'s in the last 15 years
or
Eubanks who cant dribble....cant shoot

txag72
AG
Not sure if the jury is out on Eubanks if there is any truth to the fact that he is just now healthy. Collins has got 10 times as much PT as Eubanks as of now. He's obviously not up to the speed of the game which is understandable for now.
GrayMatter
AG
Eubanks has a higher ceiling than Collins, but desperately needs the experience.

No, he can't dribble, but he did do one smart thing against Arkansas which was go back door on his man when he was getting over played. I've been screaming for our team to recognize when a team is over playing and just make cuts, but they don't.

Eubanks might be a better defender because of his size whereas Collins usually gets beat on one-on-one situations.

The problem with Collins is that he just makes passes without trying to penetrate. When he does penetrate, he tries to look for someone to pass to without attempting a mid range jumper. He only attempts shots outside the 3 point line when the shot clock is about to expire it's easy to guard him.
bobinator
AG
FWIW Collins is probably the best low post entry passer on the team. So he does do at least one thing really well. Albeit a very specific thing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.