Kobie Eubanks article

1,671 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sports/pain-no-longer-in-way-for-aggie-men-s-kobie/article_b28ff762-f8c3-11e6-a1ed-e7c930af3563.html
mdanyc03
AG
I've been watching him in warm ups all year and shocked at the complete lack of bounce or athleticism and wondering how in the world he was a top 100 recruit. It wasn't until this week that I knew about the rods in the shins.
agfan1030
Has this been a secret. I don't recall reading anything about this problem. Explains a lot....
wacarnolds
AG
agfan1030 said:

Has this been a secret. I don't recall reading anything about this problem. Explains a lot....
hadn't heard anything previously. Hope he continues to make progress towards being a regular contributor.
Baby Billy
AG
Playing D-1 basketball with shin splints.....nope
Kirkbobag
AG
Would have been nice to know about this issue previously. I guess the team wanted to keep it quiet.
agfan1030
Kirkbobag said:

Would have been nice to know about this issue previously. I guess the team wanted to keep it quiet.
Yes.....He got some unwarranted thoughts on here.

My daughter had stress fracture playing bball in high school She said it is way more painful than tendonitis.
txag72
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Kirkbobag said:
Not to mention the beating that BK has been getting about him being another guard bust, etc. Kudos for keeping things in the family. Apparently Hop knew nothing about this as he chimed in on the "just not very good" theme recently if I remember correctly.
Uncle Jimbo
I don't get the "keep injury news in-house" thing, especially once it's apparent that there's a major injury. It just makes it appear that he sucks. It's the reason Kyle Allen was so pissed off.
wacarnolds
AG
Uncle Jimbo said:

I don't get the "keep injury news in-house" thing, especially once it's apparent that there's a major injury. It just makes it appear that he sucks. It's the reason Kyle Allen was so pissed off.
Gotta keep the opposing team off guard. You don't get to 8-5 / 14-12 by giving away all your secrets
txag72
AG
Well since it appears NO ONE knew anything about it or spoke about it including Eubank's friends, teammates, etc., seems maybe it was his desire?
Steeple
I mentioned this during the summer and I was called every name in the book here at TexAgs. Now people act as if they are shocked. I'm honestly surprised that he has been able to play at all this year.
jml2621
Eubanks looked pretty good against Auburn. Rods implanted - wow. I knew there were complications to his injuries....but wow

Best of luck to the kid moving forward. His shot gives us another dimension. He is moving better and is picking up the game.
jml2621
txag72 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Kirkbobag said:
Not to mention the beating that BK has been getting about him being another guard bust, etc. Kudos for keeping things in the family. Apparently Hop knew nothing about this as he chimed in on the "just not very good" theme recently if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I had my 118th spat with ol Hop over that.

Glad the kid is recovering - He actually should be an inspiration for the team.

I have a good feeling about tonight...don't know why. Maybe BK will call a TO!
MB19
AG
Well having met the young man I hope he is able to have a productive career here at A&M. He was extremely polite and pleasant to visit with.
HirschfeldAg
possible hippa violation if he didn't want it released at the time(by staff) and maybe he and family okayed it
Aston04
AG
Latest roll out of a BK excuse. He does this every year.. but last- and even then a "I told you so" narrative was pushed to buy more time when he returned to his typical level of performance later.
Method Man
Aston04 said:

Latest roll out of a BK excuse. He does this every year.. but last- and even then a "I told you so" narrative was pushed to buy more time when he returned to his typical level of performance later.

Cooter00
Anyone else read that and think maybe they should have looked into the X-rays 8 months sooner?
bobinator
AG
Hot take alert, but maybe he was both injured AND not very good?
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

You must choose one, and only one.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
wacarnolds said:

bobinator said:

You must choose one, and only one.
Two crucial passes thrown away and a bobbled pass TO = ?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.