USCe falling like a stone

1,273 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by txag72
Steeple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lost last 4 of 5. If Arkansas goes past them in conference, hard to see them getting a NCAA bid. Seems like we are a three bid league at best this year.
Method Man
Surprised pumpkinhead isn't all over this. He loves to point out when coaches people wanted other than Kennedy do poorly.
bobinator
AG
They're probably still okay for now. Win 2 of their last 3 and they should be fine unless some weird stuff happens Id think.
jml2621
Method Man said:

Surprised pumpkinhead isn't all over this. He loves to point out when coaches people wanted other than Kennedy do poorly.

Buzz Williams might have locked up ACC Coach of the Year tonight. They downed Clemson while Pastner and Georgia Tech lost to dumpster fire NC State.
Pumpkinhead
AG
The guy that I wanted (buzz Williams) is doing just fine and beat Clemson tonight.

I got no problem calling it how I see it on a guy like Bruce Pearl though. He hasn't been very good at Auburn yet. Their defensive play has been really inexcusably awful even with young players, giving up some historically bad defensive outings. His Year 3 team (this season) may actually be worse than his Year 1 team. His recruiting rankings have been good to great thus far though. He has delivered in that regard.
jml2621
Pumpkinhead said:

The guy that I wanted (buzz Williams) is doing just fine and beat Clemson tonight.

I got no problem calling it how I see it on a guy like Bruce Pearl though. He hasn't been very good at Auburn yet. Their defensive play has been really inexcusably awful even with young players, giving up some historically bad defensive outings. His Year 3 team (this season) may actually be worse than his Year 1 team. His recruiting rankings have been good to great thus far though. He has delivered in that regard.

We must really suck then, because we were behind Auburn on kenpom until our game against them Sat.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Kentucky only up by 7 @Mizzou with 4 minutes left. Cats fans are in total meltdown with even flirting with a loss at Mizzou.

something just seems 'off' about this Kentucky team. Won't surprise me at all if they exit the SECT even before the finals and don't get that far in NCAAt.
Pumpkinhead
AG
My post was not about Kennedy but about Pearl.

He had a much more impressive coaching resume than Kennedy and I would have been fine hiring Pearl back in 2013 (though my guy is Buzz Williams and Pearl's Auburn teams being pretty awful the past 3 years has done nothing to make me wish I had him instead of Buzz).

jml2621
Pumpkinhead said:

Kentucky only up by 7 @Mizzou with 4 minutes left. Cats fans are in total meltdown with even flirting with a loss at Mizzou.

something just seems 'off' about this Kentucky team. Won't surprise me at all if they exit the SECT even before the finals and don't get that far in NCAAt.

Chemistry. Some of the OAD patchwork teams work, some don't.

Buzz Williams - ACC COY

Michael White - SEC COY
jml2621
Pumpkinhead said:

My post was not about Kennedy but about Pearl.

He had a much more impressive coaching resume than Kennedy and I won led have been fine hiring him back in 2013 (though my guy is Buzz Williams and Pearl's Auburn teams being pretty awful the past 3 years has done nothing to make me wish I had him instead of Buzz).
I don't care.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Well If you are on TexAgs this late posting, yeah you must 'care' about this trivial college sports banter at some level.
GrayMatter
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Their front court is terrible by Kentucky standards. I saw a stat the other night where they are letting the other teams score at will in the paint at times. This doesn't bode well for a deep NCAAT run when they cannot protect the paint.
wacarnolds
AG
jml2 said:

We must really suck then, because we were behind Auburn on kenpom until our game against them Sat.

A&M was #63, Auburn #81 at tipoff
mdanyc03
AG
Steeple said:

Seems like we are a three bid league at best this year.

How do you figure? Lunardi had four sec teams as top eight seeds and Tennessee on the bubble.
txag72
AG
Quote:

Maybe it has something to do with Missouri having put something together their last 4 or 5 games excepting Tennessee. They won't be taken for granted when we play them, maybe favored (?).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.