Texas A&M shoots 'all-time' percentage vs Auburn.

1,401 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GrayMatter
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Article says the 68.9% shooting by A&M yesterday was potentially the second highest FG% in an SEC conference game ever. And most given up by Auburn since Pearl has been there.

Some other articles and just a little bit of message board stuff that I read on game, there definitely is a growing level of discontent in Bruce Pearl, whom in Year 3 now has a 14-35 SEC record at Auburn (28.6%). His recruiting has looked good so still some optimism but in Year 4 next season my impression is that Auburn will need to make a jump to at least be an NIT/bubble NCAA bunch or the pitch forks will really start to come out.

http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2017/02/texas_am_shoots_best_percentag.html
Yell Practice
bobinator
AG
Yeah, that performance on Saturday by them was flat out embarrassing. I was telling someone at work today that our offense was like watching OU on offense in the 77-0 game. Somehow everyone was open. Like in both cases I know the defenses had their full alotment of players on the field, but it sure didn't seem like it.
Method Man
I really think BK did a good job this game against an awful team.
jml2621
Method Man said:

We played up to our talent and potential...for the first time since UCLA.

oragator
They just locked up their first winning season in 8 years tonight. They were really young this year with lots of talent and have two top fifty or so kids coming in next year.
Auburn would be crazy to think about anything other than letting him continue to build, it's a below average job in a below average P5 league and by next year he will have a roster comparable to a lot of top twenty teams. He is doing it slower than he did at UT, but it's happening.
Method Man
Probably, but man rough start
jml2621
oragator said:

They just locked up their first winning season in 8 years tonight. They were really young this year with lots of talent and have two top fifty or so kids coming in next year.
Auburn would be crazy to think about anything other than letting him continue to build, it's a below average job in a below average P5 league and by next year he will have a roster comparable to a lot of top twenty teams. He is doing it slower than he did at UT, but it's happening.

Auburn has been mired at an average of about 165 on kenpom since 2009...until this year, where they are rated at 78. First time in the top 100 since 2009 as well.
Pumpkinhead
AG
His recruiting is definitely a reason to think he can still get it done.

The Auburn fan sentiment right now seems to be some impatience beginning to show and concern about the coaching, but not throwing in towel yet. If he doesn't have a significantly better year 4 than his first three seasons though, I bet the pitchforks really start to come out.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Their defensive ranking on Kenpom is currently #122 which is 12th in SEC. Only LSU and Arkansas have worse defensive efficiency numbers.

They have seemed to getting worse and worse at playing defense as the season has progressed. their offensive numbers do pull up their overall Kenpom ranking some, but the defensive play is holding them down at the bottom of SEC this season.
GrayMatter
AG
Method Man said:

I think I am going to kindly disagree on this one which is unlike me but our free throws percentage sucked and we committed way too many turnovers on a young crappy Auburn team. We could have beaten them by more.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.