Odds Kennedy is canned after this season

12,594 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Captain Pablo
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will it actually happen? Or, will he get the Sumlin treatment? Is 1 great year, 1 good year, and 4 suck years in a bad B.B. conference really that good?
NukeAg10
AG
0, unfortunately.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Don't even compare this to Sumlin. Sumlin has done a much better job than Kennedy and gets way more heat. Kennedy should have been fired years ago.
ColoradoMooseHerd
And zero chance he is fired. Stupd AD locked us into a deal we cannot get out of.
zooguy96
Why is it that our admin lets mediocre results continue ad naseum in not only basketball, but multiple sports? Why do we give coaches ridiculous contracts that we later can't get out of?

Why do we only have great to elite coaches in track, women's bb, and maybe baseball?

I'm the SEC, football, large drop baseball, small drop men's basketball are the only sports that matter.

And we are only good in one of them.
jml2621
0% fired

Transition possible within AD at the same salary, to bleed out the contract. Assume medical for lifetime.

Money whip Buzz!
zooguy96
You just need the right coach here. Billy Clyde showed us that. Hell, even Turge did. His teams usually played as a well-coached team.
jml2621
zooguy96 said:

You just need the right coach here. Billy Clyde showed us that. Hell, even Turge did. His teams usually played as a well-coached team.
After the first half of year 1, Turge was solid.

FEEL THE BUZZ
LeFraud
Yea 5 was not "good", especially how it ended. Beat auburn or bama at the end of the year, and that would have been good enough to make the dance. 14 point lead against bama (at home) and the Ags blew it.

And then they got blown out by LaTech and Michael White in the Not Invited Tournament.

6 years: 1 great, 4 ugly, 1 pass
AggieTFA06
AG
Very low chance Kennedy gets fired regardless of how poorly this team plays. He has his set of excuses:

Hogg was injured
No PG
Team is inexperienced
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
zooguy96
I hope BK steps down.

I love the guy as a person. He's a good guy who seems like he tries. He's just not getting the results and I really do feel bad for the guy and his situation, which doesn't seem like is helping him.
jagged
AG
Slim to none. He should be gone.
zooguy96
He does seem to recruit well for the echelon of team we are. I don't know if that is mostly our assistants or him. Maybe he could move to a consultant for the BB team so he could have lifetime healthcare.
mncag
I would bet there is already pressure on him to be reassigned.
I dont buy any excuses , 1 tourny in 6 years just isnt good enough.
67walkon
He Gone
zooguy96
mncag said:

I would bet there is already pressure on him to be reassigned.
I dont buy any excuses , 1 tourny in 6 years just isnt good enough.

Also, losing SEC records 4 out of 6 years just ain't cutting it. Outside of Kentucky and 1 or 2 teams who are "good" most years, the SEC sucks.

Imagine how much worse we would have done in the B12 had we stayed in that conference for BB.
JJxvi
AG
Honestly if we finish 12th place in this league, thats probably about the point where Id be surprised if we kept him overtakes Id be surprised if he was fired
Sleepnumber
AG
Odds----hopefully 100%. Likely---25%
MSFC Aggie
AG
20 posts in.......and no Lloyd Christmas meme?
JJxvi
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

20 posts in.......and no Lloyd Christmas meme?
BQ_90
AG
Fired - 0

Now he might quit or agree to another job with full pay due him
Cedar09
LouisvilleAg
AG
99% he is gone. I don't see him getting fired but rather see him staying on as a recruiting director or something like that where he gets more years on the contract at a lower pay.
zooguy96
I wonder if there is anyone who has actual inside info concerning this situation.
Agnzona
Anyone suggesting he not be fired is a fool. Anyone in a position of power that agrees with that assessment is a person whom doesn't deserve their job or position.
jml2621
LouisvilleAg said:

99% he is gone. I don't see him getting fired but rather see him staying on as a recruiting director or something like that where he gets more years on the contract at a lower pay.

They can work out a deal. Milking out the contract means we don't have to come up with a big BOLUS of $$$. That Sumlin situation is not going away.

BK has built a recruiting pipeline - he could be a real asset to the basketball program, and most HCs coming in would be delighted to get a leg up.
ordRV80
AG
NCSt coached fired and beat Duke this year and many tourney appearances.
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
Basketball and Chain
AG
Agnzona said:

Anyone suggesting he not be fired is a fool. Anyone in a position of power that agrees with that assessment is a person whom doesn't deserve their job or position.

The contract extension we just gave him definitely would make firing him sting really bad. His results say he should be fired, but that's only a small part of the equation now.
zooguy96
ordRV80 said:

That's the difference between us and other schools in Football and Basketball.

Hell, Tenn is considering firing Butch Jones, and he walked into a far poorer position than Sumlin did.
Agnzona
Okay he doesn't have to be fired. But he cannot be the HC anymore. So however that gets worked out.

Also for future reference do we need state legislation that says public employees cannot have employment contracts extended until the last year of their deals?
mhayden
There is almost zero chance he gets fired. You don't sign off on a contract like that if there is any chance you will fire the coach within the next 2 years.

At best (for our program naturally) he will step down due to health issues and we negotiate a lesser buyout or he stays on in some regard, potentially as a recruiter as he seems to really connect with players.
FTAG 2000
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

And zero chance he is fired. Stupd AD locked us into a deal we cannot get out of.

This is BS. With the 41 million from the SEC, plenty of revenue to fire him, even with that ridiculous buyout.
jml2621
ordRV80 said:

NCState's getting serious and going after Marshall and Archie Miller.

A lesson to be learned.
Method Man
AG 2000' said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

This is BS. With the 41 million from the SEC, plenty of revenue to fire him, even with that ridiculous buyout.

It's obvious the contract was written by people who care more about taking care of BK than taking care of Aggie bball. So, even if he's unable to coach he won't quit and no one will make him. Nevermind if he didn't have Parkinson's he's still not good enough.

FTAG 2000
AG
Method Man said:

AG 2000' said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

It's obvious the contract was written by people who care more about taking care of BK than taking care of Aggie bball. So, even if he's unable to coach he won't quit and no one will make him. Nevermind if he didn't have Parkinson's he's still not good enough.

Agreed. It's just disgusting what these guys have done to the program. His church buddies, Kennedy, the AD, whatever dip**** signed off on that buyout, they all deserve to be canned and / or banished from having anything to do with this program ever again.

They've killed off Aggie hoops for the foreseeable future. But I'm sure Kennedy is a great guy and nice to be around on a Sunday mornings.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.