Kobie Eubanks???

6,070 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RedAss1424
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hop - I think we're generally on the same page here, but Kobe played a very good game Saturday and given his playing time, has been coming on during practice. Having more players is a good thing.
94chem
Quote:

He's the key to turning around this season?

No. Going back to October, seeing the talent on the team, and playing at a higher tempo, getting the ball down on the block earlier in possessions, and getting into an offense before the defense can apply ball pressure is the key to the season. Pay attention.

As for Collins being a zone buster...stop banking FT's and I'll believe it. Calling Collins a zone buster is like calling Swope slow, or LeBron well-spoken. Other than that, Mr. Trainer/D1player made a strong post. Hope French can become a player. As a 5'8" guy, I spent my whole athletic life trying to convince people to look at my game and not my haircut, height, or other stupid stuff. Always loved to see the guys like Flutie with a chip on their shoulder and a game to back it up.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Hop said:

Mr_mo8268 said:

Well that matched his combined total assists for the 5 games prior. So I say we go with the guy that has a chance to provide some sort of scoring production.

If you would look at the cumulative stat sheet, you'd see that Eubanks has generated two assists in 88 minutes of action (.023 assts/min). Collins has 37 assists over 347 minutes(.106 assts/min). So Collins has a 5X assist rate. Collins has a +16 assist-to-turnover margin. Eubanks has a -2 assist-to-turnover margin.

Shall we look at scoring...did you know that Eubanks is 2-of-17 from the 3-point line this season? Yes, his two wide-open 3-pointers (with an air ball sandwiched in there) against Auburn were the first in his season. He is shooting 11.8%. He's missed every free throw this season. He is averaging 1.2 points per game.

I don't know if he is or not. Maybe the key to Eubanks is playing him more than a couple random minutes here and there every 2 or 3 games. I do think however, that the key to not giving ourselves a chance of finishing this season out strong is to keep doing what we were doing, or in other words, keep giving Collins serious minutes. It's 5 on 4 out there on both sides of the floor when he's in.
Hop
Staff
AG
94chem said:

Quote:

No. Going back to October, seeing the talent on the team, and playing at a higher tempo, getting the ball down on the block earlier in possessions, and getting into an offense before the defense can apply ball pressure is the key to the season. Pay attention.

As for Collins being a zone buster...stop banking FT's and I'll believe it. Calling Collins a zone buster is like calling Swope slow, or LeBron well-spoken. Other than that, Mr. Trainer/D1player made a strong post. Hope French can become a player. As a 5'8" guy, I spent my whole athletic life trying to convince people to look at my game and not my haircut, height, or other stupid stuff. Always loved to see the guys like Flutie with a chip on their shoulder and a game to back it up.

Who are you having a conversation with, because I've never said Collins was a zone buster. Where did you get that? I've never praised Collins, but to think that a slow, 6-foot-4 off-guard/wing is the answer to our prayers at point guard is bizarre.
Texas A&M
I'm not sure that anyone is saying he's the answer to our prayers. However, his play last game warranted more minutes in our last few games.
Mr_mo8268
AG
He's talking to SECBASKETBALLTNR. And nobody is saying Eubanks is the "answer to our prayers at PG". PG is beyond repair for this season and has been all year. It's all Hampton and Gilder. Even though Collins may be listed as a "point guard", he did not provided near enough production or measurable benefit to warrant the minutes he was getting. We need to be trying new things to find some way to get some sort of production from other guys. We gave Eubanks meaningful minutes and we got 8 points and 6 rebounds out of him. I expect we'll start seeing much more from him.
Method Man
He really didn't do much but knocking down open 3s is something. He's kind of like a poor man's Peyton Allen
94chem
Quote:

Who are you having a conversation with, because I've never said Collins was a zone buster.
Mr-Mo is right. I was talking to SEC...

Anyway, shouldn't you be debating the skills of Derek Farmer with royalewithcheese?
RedAss1424
AG
Has anyone actually suggested that Eubanks should run point or are the supposed basketball gurus on here just running with that because Collins is allegedly a PG?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.