Kobie Eubanks???

6,048 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RedAss1424
RedAss1424
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry if I missed something, but why are we running out walk-ons when Eubanks was semi-highly rated and is on the bench. Even if he hasn't gotten it figured out yet, it can't be that bad. Someone fill me in that he left or is ineligible or something.
EKG1996
AG
Must be having tough time getting 100% after his injury?
AggieSportsGuy
AG
He either sucks or can't get healthy. One or the other.
bobinator
AG
Hot take alert. Maybe he just isn't very good?
mgmgrand
AG
You have to earn your PT, and if the limited game time he has received is anything like how he looks in practice, he hasn't earned sh*t
RedAss1424
AG
He might not be that good. But do most of y'all honestly think that Collins and Carlton deserve minutes over him and Villa?
bobinator
AG
I honestly think that we don't see practice and that our coaching staff isn't intentionally trying to tank the team
RedAss1424
AG
I agree that we don't see practice and of course the coaches want to win. But game experience is invaluable and I would think they would benefit from more minutes. It can't be much worse
HossAg
AG
Yes, Collins definitely
RedAss1424
AG
Well he got in with 4 seconds left. Nice try but came up short
Serious Lee
bobinator said:

i thought for sure after he got the ball taken right out of his hands against MSU we wouldnt see this question again.
pantherag
AG
RedAss1424 said:

He might not be that good. But do most of y'all honestly think that Collins and Carlton deserve minutes over him and Villa?

Have you watched Vila?? Vila is beyond awful and is way overmatched against any decent opponent. Vila is not a D1 level player at this point.
jeffdjohnson
I don't trust Kennedys judgement one bit. If Eubanks and Collins played 1v1 tomorrow I would put all of my money on Eubanks. Collins has gone scoreless 3 of the last 4 games. How is he going to beat Eubanks scoring 0 points?

I'm not sure what Kennedys angle is here, other than missing the NCAA tournament for the 18th out of 21 seasons in his career.
RedAss1424
AG
I'm not saying they should be starters or even get a lot more playing time. I just figured that with us being short-handed to begin with that a few more minutes for them might be helpful in their development.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Doubt Eubanks will see court next season with a loaded perimeter team of Chandler, Flagg, Gilder, Hogg, Starks, Caldwell.

At this point, I think probably he just didn't pan out and turn out to be as good as his HS recruiting rating.
agfan1030
He is probably one that should transfer. Yes, I said the bad word.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

Pretty simple....He's not a point guard and he's not very good.
PatAg
AG
If there is ever a game gilder and hogg both are in heavy foul trouble, he'll get his minutes
RedAss1424
AG
I don't know any stats and am not a coach at any level. But y'all are probably right. Our line ups all year have had the most talent on the court. /sarcasm.
For real though, I am glad we won and actually like this team. Just frustrated with the overall season and lack of utilizing our talent
Aston04
AG
I do know Collins is not the answer. But Eubanks doesn't fill his spot either.
jml2621
Aston04 said:

I do know Collins is not the answer. But Eubanks doesn't fill his spot either.

Gilder is actually playing the point with Hampton as a combo guard Eubanks >> Collins...we played a lot better with Eubanks in.
Aston04
AG
^I do agree with that. Just if we need someone to handle it, obviously that's not going to be Eubanks. Collins should be an end of game blowout guy.
GE
AG
I think we have been better with Vila than either Eubanks or Collins.
txag72
AG
We've looked good all year when the other team is sucking. Anyone that would have gotten on the court today would have, and did, look good.
GE
AG
txag72 said:

We've looked good all year when the other team is sucking. Anyone that would have gotten on the court today would have, and did, look good.
I didn't think Collins looked good
txag72
AG
Collins only played 10 minutes today, had 3 assists and 0 TO's. BK would call that a perfect game for him.
txag72
AG
Damn, I just looked at Eubanks stat line today:

25 minutes (I had no idea), 3/5 FG's, 2/4 3 pts, 6 rebounds, 8 points, 0 assists, 0 TO's

pirmag
AG
Eubsnks had a good day. Maybe he will start plsying like we hoped he would play. Gig'em.
Bunk Moreland
txag72 said:

Collins only played 10 minutes today, had 3 assists and 0 TO's. BK would call that a perfect game for him.

If he'd actually call that a "perfect game" from anyone he needs to be fired yesterday.

Collins not making major mistakes in limited time still doesn't help.

The simple fact is Gilder at a hybrid PG with Hampton playing off guard has been much more effective and now with playing time we're seeing kobe contribute as well.

None of that was happening when we were featuring Collins as much as we were earlier in the year.

BK has failed miserably with roster management this season.
Kemo Sabe

BK has failed miserably with roster management this season.

This x 1,000. He has done an absolute horrible job!
94chem
Quote:

25 minutes (I had no idea), 3/5 FG's, 2/4 3 pts, 6 rebounds, 8 points, 0 assists, 0 TO's

Maybe some players need more than 3 minutes to prove themselves. Collins should not be on the court, except in mop-up time. I'm going to say this again. Collins banked a FT yesterday. He banked a FT. Let that sink in. We are playing a PG who can't draw iron on a set shot from 15 feet away. There are players at the rec better than him. He can't bring the ball up without a screen. He can't hit a wide open shot. I hate to dog the kid. I really do. It's 100% Kennedy's fault for playing him. Collins is playing his hardest and I've got nothing against him. Eubanks should have been given more playing time. We should run an offense that doesn't require a true PG, but that would require a faster tempo, and Kennedy is afraid of that. We could have been running the offense that Kansas ran when Kirk Hinrich was PG, and this would be a tournament team - darned shame.
Aston04
AG
94chem said:

Quote:

Maybe some players need more than 3 minutes to prove themselves. Collins should not be on the court, except in mop-up time. I'm going to say this again. Collins banked a FT yesterday. He banked a FT. Let that sink in. We are playing a PG who can't draw iron on a set shot from 15 feet away. There are players at the rec better than him. He can't bring the ball up without a screen. He can't hit a wide open shot. I hate to dog the kid. I really do. It's 100% Kennedy's fault for playing him. Collins is playing his hardest and I've got nothing against him. Eubanks should have been given more playing time. We should run an offense that doesn't require a true PG, but that would require a faster tempo, and Kennedy is afraid of that. We could have been running the offense that Kansas ran when Kirk Hinrich was PG, and this would be a tournament team - darned shame.

This. Collins playing huge minutes is a big reason this season went rapidly south. BK was either too stubborn or dumb to see what was happening. Finally, his minutes are at least closer to sane (should be solely mop up, but 10 is progress).

Collins is one of those guys who announcers say does things that doesn't necessarily show up on a stat sheet. Except what he's doing out there is hurting the team, not helping.
TopoTacos
AG
I have to believe he just had a really rough time getting back from injury. If he's healthy and getting Collins' minutes this season then we probably pick up 2-3 more wins just by virtue of having someone on the floor who is at a D1 athletic level (I honestly believe we pull out the win at WVU if we aren't essentially playing 4 on 5)

Kobie seems to be able to play real minutes now, and this last stretch of the season should be a good opportunity for him to show if he can contribute, especially for next year with Hampton departing.
PatAg
AG
Aston04 said:

94chem said:

Quote:

This. Collins playing huge minutes is a big reason this season went rapidly south. BK was either too stubborn or dumb to see what was happening. Finally, his minutes are at least closer to sane (should be solely mop up, but 10 is progress).

Collins is one of those guys who announcers say does things that doesn't necessarily show up on a stat sheet. Except what he's doing out there is hurting the team, not helping.
I don't think its fair to say the reason went south when Collins started playing big minutes. It was going south before that, that was BK trying somethign to change it....which is a really idiotic solution for a coach to consider.
94chem
You'd better have a really good reason any time you decide not to play your 5 best players.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.