Robert Horry

4,234 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PJYoung
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie Men's Hoops 5h5 hours ago

Special guest at today's practice as 7-time NBA Champ RKHorrytalks with the squad #AggieHoops

Serious Lee
will be good to see him and emmitt smith in M&W after we missed out on david robinson
gordo97
AG
Big shot Bob!!!!
jml2621
New Big Man coach
TXM Pride
Uncle Gunnysack said:

will be good to see him and emmitt smith in M&W after we missed out on david robinson

I know Roberts son Camron is verbally committed to us.. does Emmitt have a son we are recruiting as well??
Know Your Enemy
AG
Emmitt's daughter is a soccer commit, I believe.
Aston04
AG
Can Bob coach us? I would take the trade straight up for the rest of the year.
phatty26
Guy never scored down low had the luxury of being on teams with great players. Truthfully a 6'10" should be down low but he was doing nothing outside and was not guarded and made a few big shots.
rwtxag83
AG
phatty26 said:

Guy never scored down low had the luxury of being on teams with great players. Truthfully a 6'10" should be down low but he was doing nothing outside and was not guarded and made a few big shots.
I'd say more than a few. He was also an important role player on many playoff/NBA Champion teams who knew the importance of upping your game during the playoffs. There's a reason he was kept on the roster by so many legendary/HOF coaches.

I'd welcome ANY time he can spend with our team/players. It's good for them, and for recruiting.
superunknown
AG
phatty26 said:

He basically created the position of stretch 4 and is the reason why 7 footers (or close to it) are shooting 3s and evolving the game.
TheMasterplan
superunknown said:

phatty26 said:

He basically created the position of stretch 4 and is the reason why 7 footers (or close to it) are shooting 3s and evolving the game.
Yeah...it's like someone hasn't been keeping up with the pro game these days.
Bondag
AG
superunknown said:

phatty26 said:

He was following in the footsteps of the great Matt Bullard
superunknown
AG
Good call. I'd also throw in Detlef Schrempf and Sam Perkins.
HirschfeldAg
All I know is will smith would play his character in a movie
Method Man
Uh he was a tall thin small forward. There's been plenty of guys like that.
Ulrich
Very few players had his knack for being in the right place to make a play at a critical moment. Yeah, he hit some big shots, but he also had crucial defensive plays and assists. One of the best role players of the last 20 years due to his broad skill set and mind for the game.
Iowaggie
AG
Hakeem Olajuwon in Houston, Shaquille O'Neal in Los Angeles, and Tim Duncan in San Antonio.

3 reasons why Horry received a ring.

He did hit (and miss) some big shots, but he had the attitude that helped in those situations "If I hit it we win, if I miss y'all are going to blame the stars for losing the game anyway"
Method Man
How do you know he had that attitude? He made a hell of a lot more big shots than he missed.
PJYoung
AG
I remember him playing at G. Rollie way back when for Alabama (Auburn? No i think it was Bama).

He was a lazy player for the Rockets when he was younger (by his own admission) but he was a lethal threat come playoff time. I was always a huge fan of his.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.