Missing Caruso

1,618 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by grl38
Steeple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Among things that we are missing this year, I believe that we are overlooking the fire and competitiveness that Alex brought every game. Particularly at the end of close games and also on the road. I suspect that Alex's drive and will to win helped to cover some of the issues that we see with Kennedy's inability to coach in game, particularly in close contests.
Method Man
Coach on the floor.
bobinator
AG
We're also missing Caruso's ability to, ya know, actually play the sport of basketball.
Post removed:
by user
Deputy Travis Junior
bobinator said:

We're also missing Caruso's ability to, ya know, actually play the sport of basketball.

Lol!

People *****ed he wasn't a point guard, but he could bring the ball up, dribble without turning it over (his turnovers were due to risky passes haha), and spread it around. We need all three this year.
bobinator
AG
I never got the "not a true point guard" thing because if he wasn't a point guard I don't know what he was, but whatever he was it would be good to have one now
jml2621
bobinator said:

I never got the "not a true point guard" thing because if he wasn't a point guard I don't know what he was, but whatever he was it would be good to have one now

Leading assist guy in the SEC. Didn't have a great shot, but was savvy on the semi-break and played great help defense. Caruso actually had a high TO rate, but we ran the weave. Jalen and House could bring up the ball. Our spacing was a LOT better last year, which reduces TOs.

We created a lot of TOs last year on Defense. 22nd overall. Almost 4 TO differential with offense. Collins and Hampton cannot force TOs and create many of their own, and that's why NEITHER should be playing significant min/game.

IMO Gilder has to step up and he and Davis take over the team....of course it would take a competent HC to notice that.
GE
AG
bobinator said:

Same here.

The thing I miss most about him though is the steal leading to a dunk that we could count on him for about once per game. If we could have just one player from last year's team back for this season I would say Caruso without hesitation.
GE
AG
Caruso's turnover-steals rate per game never got over .5 throughout his career, which means he almost made up for every turnover committed by getting a takeaway.
Yell Practice
We definitely miss Alex this year.
JJxvi
AG
We had guards last year. The end.
Texas A&M
Maybe he could come back and teach this year's team the lost art of good entry passes to the big men.
The Collective
AG
Miss Caruso and House.
agfan1030
Texas A&M said:

Maybe he could come back and teach this year's team the lost art of good entry passes to the big men.
Maybe he could come back as our coach in the near future.....
txjortsagent
AG
I've been watching Aggie basketball since Coach Shelby, and Alex's work ethic has made him one of my all time favorites.

Obviously I have a long list of favorites given the amount of time we're talking here, but it was pretty damn hard to ever get mad at Alex.
grl38
AG
no leadership on the floor. our point guards are not playmakers and our offense far to predictable.
paterfamilias79
AG
AC as the all time assists leader...imagine how he would feed this frontcourt and Hogg.
Spiritofaggieland
AG
GE said:

Caruso's turnover-steals rate per game never got over .5 throughout his career, which means he almost made up for every turnover committed by getting a takeaway.
That's why I like the press.

Start creating TOs instead of giving them away.

We should press for most of the game.
grl38
AG
call it leadership on the floor!!!! often our current players are looking around for someone else to turn it on! our point position is killing us!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.