Article from DMN, i.e. Hogg and BK

4,406 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Collective
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bobinator said:

Can we refocus on how strange it is that the DMN of all places is putting out actual commentary on coaching decisions? Good for them

Why good for them? I don't click DMN articles.
bobinator
AG
Good for them because I think, especially with college basketball in Texas, not enough media outlets are willing to be only critical of decisions like they are with football.
hoya-ag
AG
The article was written by a current student that also writes for the Batt.
txag72
AG
And?
bobinator
AG
hoya-ag said:

The article was written by a current student that also writes for the Batt.
Yeah I didn't say the actual article itself was good, just that I like the idea of media outlets being more critical of basketball.

And who the writer is doesn't really matter if the DMN is willing to put their name on it, which they have.
hoya-ag
AG
my point was just that such an article was written because the writer is a current student.
bobinator
AG
There's probably an interesting journalistic debate to be had about why the DMN would link their name to a current studying writing a blog, but for better or worse they've done it
bobinator
AG
And I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think it's interesting that the DMN would essentially attach its name to a student blogger
The Collective
AG
Is it any different than the student blogger who used to write for the DMN that was wrong quite a bit?
bobinator
AG
A little, because if I recall back then the stuff wasn't directly under the banner of the DMN. Didn't they have some sort of other name for the site where that stuff was?

It's still an interesting journalistic choice, but I guess the DMN isn't really worried about its credibility with college sports anyway
JJxvi
AG
DMN shouldve hired that Audrey guy
bobinator
AG
Nah, he was crap.
The Collective
AG
It might have been under the sportsday moniker, which I think is (used to be?) their blog site. I think their goal is to pretty much get content out there as cheaply as possible though.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.