Embarrassing

3,650 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TangoMike
Rocco S
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Probably the most embarrassing incompetent conference home loss since Melvin Watkins was on our bench and ironically enough he was on the visitor bench tonight

The lack of defensive hustle is just a flat out joke

Thanks Mr. Torn. Hope you're happy with this crap just because your buddy BK goes to your church
JMJLAW
AG
Rocco S said:

Probably the most embarrassing incompetent conference home loss since Melvin Watkins was on our bench and ironically enough he was on the visitor bench tonight

Thanks Mr. Torn. Hope you're happy with this crap just because your buddy BK goes to your church

I have been anti Kennedy for some time and I still get the "how is the coaching bad?" question.

Lack of defensive effort is always exhibit A. This team has none.
Third Son
AG
That game was a big letdown. Not that we haven't had our share of those. We look like the better team in 85% of our SEC games so far, but have managed to win only 15% of those games.
Vepp
Every loss we get a post from someone who thinks the loss was embarrassing.

I don't find it embarrassing anymore. Terrible coaching (when we have great talent!) has turned me apathetic.
Deputy Travis Junior
Vepp said:

Every loss we get a post from someone who thinks the loss was embarrassing.

I don't find it embarrassing anymore. Terrible coaching (when we have great talent!) has turned me apathetic.
I forgot we were playing tonight. Didn't realize we were until I got a score update from a friend with <1 minute left in the game. Doesn't look like I missed anything
Rocco S
It was so obvious this is where the program was headed. Should've been rid of BK after 2015. Knew we'd be good last year thanks to Stan and the seniors some of whom were transfers, then fall right back to where we are once they all left. This is what happens when you run a good ol boy athletic department. Coaches get friendly with donors, donors get coaches contracts well above and beyond what they deserve, making them very comfortable. The result of that is there is no pressure to win. Same scenario in all 3 sports that we care about the most.
Method Man
It was obvious Rocco. Anyone that's followed said so.
Post removed:
by user
Rocco S
Yep, and we could've hired Brad Underwood straight out of SFA. Good luck getting him from OSU.
terata
AG
[Personal attack removed. Take a week off---Texags Staff]
The Collective
AG
Based on an ongoing group text conversation with Aggie friends, nobody gives a **** about basketball unfortunately. I texted that it was time to fire Kennedy and was met with one response of, "who". Explains perfectly why we are where we are as a basketball program.
The Collective
AG
Fonzie Scheme
AG

I'm as done with it as everyone else but your cutesy comment is out of line.

Thank you, staff.
PaRappa
I don't think Kennedy can handle the mental aspect of coaching anymore. It is pretty clear Stansbury was handling the heavy lifting on the bench. With Stansbury, this was an NIT/NCAA squad, with only Kennedy it is a CBI one at best.

My bold prediction (and this is just a prediction) is that Kennedy takes an AD reassignment in May (after his buyout goes down) due to health reasons.

The AD (through the urging of his church buddies) will pay for a CBI appearance to try to go out on a high note.

I have no idea how replacing him would work.
Method Man
I predict he will put himself over the university again, dig his heels, make excuses and get another year. Will have a tourney team next season and parlay that to more years.

He doesn't deserve an AD position and some fool that's his friend put his friendship with a mercenary over what's best for Texas A&M with this ridiculous buyout.

FTAG 2000
AG
Method Man said:

I predict he will put himself over the university again, dig his heels, make excuses and get another year. Will have a tourney team next season and parlay that to more years.

He doesn't deserve an AD position and some fool that's his friend put his friendship with a mercenary over what's best for Texas A&M with this ridiculous buyout.

This.

BK isn't going to go quietly into the night, if he was going to do that, Stansbury wouldn't have left.

GrayMatter
AG
Rocco S said:

lol

I can tell you haven't been paying attention or watching.
brotheraggie
Tough season so far!!
Deputy Travis Junior
Method Man said:

To be honest, I don't blame him a bit. It's not his job to fire himself and leave millions on the table. That's the AD's job (and possible the shadowy boosters' too). Not Kennedy's fault they suck at it.
Method Man
True
Aston04
AG
^With my family set for life, I would hope I would be self-aware enough to get out if I felt I was not good at my job due to health. You see examples of coaches doing this--- Pat Summitt comes to mind as one. But you are right, that is a lot to ask.

Instead BK is doing what he has done for the last 6 years- accept token amounts of blame (which makes him look "accountable"), deflect relating to the bigger picture of his overall poor results/inability to coach during games, and then point to next year as somehow contingent on him being here.

Today's BK tweet reflects the accepting of a token amount of blame part of that strategy.

Round and round we go- 6 years of this.
TMF
AG
Quit following or watching. I have and it's been great. I don't even know when we are playing I just check in every once in awhile to see what is new. I am not going to invest time or money into something an incompetent administration doesn't care about. When I see them make an investment into winning I will come back and enjoy the ride win or lose.
jml2621
Martin is crushing it, defeating Florida at home: 57-53. KY up next for USCe.

Hop shockingly absent.

Player To Be Named Later
AG
TMF said:

Quit following or watching. I have and it's been great. I don't even know when we are playing I just check in every once in awhile to see what is new. I am not going to invest time or money into something an incompetent administration doesn't care about. When I see them make an investment into winning I will come back and enjoy the ride win or lose.

I've followed just enough to know when we are playing so I can check the Vegas line. They've been way too slow to react to just how bad we are, and it's paid off several times.
TangoMike
jml2621 said:

Martin is crushing it, defeating Florida at home: 57-53. KY up next for USCe.

Hop shockingly absent.

Sandhop is going to have kittens when he realizes that Frank Martin was really good at K-State
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.