Caleb Smith...wish you well

2,746 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TheChameleon
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gig'em Caleb. I'm sorry your coach is so incompetent.

I see your ability, the entire fan base sees your ability. In 3 minutes of play you showed your quickness, speed to run the court, were zipping crisp passes around, had a nice penetration to the rack with an aggressive mentality. Guarded well. Your teammates Hampton and Collins pale in comparison to you. I grant your transfer based on our illegitimate head coach who is holding you back. Don't let him hold you back. Transfer to The big 12 and become the next Alex Robinson and give old BK the middle finger. I know I would. I'm afraid BK hasn't seen your light. The road has ended. You are now the umpteenth qualified pg to transfer on BKs watch. Maybe one day you'll cross paths with the old sandman and beat the ever living crap out of his walkon point guards.
millertime40
It really is sad that BK doesnt know what the heck he is doing, almost everyone here sees it. Collins isnt good, I have said this from the beginning, you have to try someone else, but not bk, he just keeps doing the same thing over and over again.
canaAg12
AG
I cannot believe that Collins even gets time on a collegiate basketball court. The game is too fast for him. It is laughable that Kennedy does not see this. Had Smith done anything to warrant being buried on the bench?
PaRappa
canaAg12 said:

I cannot believe that Collins even gets time on a collegiate basketball court. The game is too fast for him. It is laughable that Kennedy does not see this. Had Smith done anything to warrant being buried on the bench?
I really wonder if Kennedy continuing to cripple the season with Collins is an indication of his mental capacity being affected by his disease. It is insane.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
PaRappa said:

canaAg12 said:

I really wonder if Kennedy continuing to cripple the season with Collins is an indication of his mental capacity being affected by his disease. It is insane.
hey you said it first...

it's unbelievable to me. at the D1 level Collins looks like a slow small 8th grader playing with a All-State Varsity team. The delta in his abilities vs. the scholoarship guys is as wide as the Grand Canyon. Everyone sees it but our coach.

there is a point where "smarts" "fundamentals" and "within the defense/offense" get trumped by shear athletic ability. Light Bulbs...we've reached that point BK.

Let's think of it this way. I think we all agree JJ Caldwell is better than Collins, Hampton, and Smith. But if you had to place a bet on who gives JJ Caldwell the toughest one-on-one matchup...It's Caleb Freaking Smith all day long. BK is now in over his head IMO.
Method Man
Caden
StanGundy
TST your fascination and love fest for Caleb Smith is about as obsessive as 72 was (and still is) for Alex Robinson. Are you his sister or girlfriend? Some of the ridiculous stuff you post leads me to believe you know very little about high level basketball.

I have a thought....if Smith is this buried behind Collins (and Collins is as terrible as you say) then how bad is Smith? All I saw of his quickness last night was him quickly leaving Hannahs to help on a non scorer in the high post and give up an unchallenged 3 to Theo best shooter. Also saw him totally lose his man for a layup on an Ob under play for a layup. That's 5 negative points in less than 3 minutes.
czar_iv
AG
Why not give Smith the minutes that Collins gets to prove that he can play or not? I don't think anyone knows if Smith is any good or not, but we know what we are getting with Collins. TST is just saying that BK needs to give Smith a real chance not garbage minutes.
txag72
AG
Quote:

TST your fascination and love fest for Caleb Smith is about as obsessive as 72 was (and still is) for Alex Robinson.

## SUMMARY GP-GS Min FG% 3PT% FT% R/G A/G STL BLK PTS/G
25 Robinson, Alex...... 17-9 29.7 .418 .365 .579 2.1 5.4 30 6 10.8

My "love fest" with Alex Robinson has been verified. Thanks for pointing that out. Too bad others who mattered couldn't see it.
PatAg
AG
StanGundy said:

TST your fascination and love fest for Caleb Smith is about as obsessive as 72 was (and still is) for Alex Robinson. Are you his sister or girlfriend? Some of the ridiculous stuff you post leads me to believe you know very little about high level basketball.

I have a thought....if Smith is this buried behind Collins (and Collins is as terrible as you say) then how bad is Smith? All I saw of his quickness last night was him quickly leaving Hannahs to help on a non scorer in the high post and give up an unchallenged 3 to Theo best shooter. Also saw him totally lose his man for a layup on an Ob under play for a layup. That's 5 negative points in less than 3 minutes.
Counter point, you are related to BK.
Method Man
That's how BK wants defense played Stan. Been like that forever
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
StanGundy said:

My counter would be...and you think Collins plays better defense? The guy is to slow, and can't guard. Guys pull up on him all the time and shoot right over them because he can't react and has to over defend the drive because he has no quickness. He's also extremely slow to rotate, because he's extremely slow.

#Free CalebCaden
PatAg
AG
TST said:

StanGundy said:

My counter would be...and you think Collins plays better defense? The guy is to slow, and can't guard. Guys pull up on him all the time and shoot right over them because he can't react and has to over defend the drive because he has no quickness. He's also extremely slow to rotate, because he's extremely slow.

#Free CalebCaden
This is also suboptimal considering we run zone a lot.
TheChameleon
AG
StanGundy said:

I'd have to go back and watch this, but I'll take your word for it. So, let's look at it another way. One of the players ahead of Smith on the depth chart, Collins, fouled out with zero points. His defense was poor all game. Multiple bad fouls, chances to take charges and did not attempt to. Slow lateral movement. So basically he was useless defensively and offensively. How is this any better than what Smith could bring? It would be nearly impossible to play a worse game than Collins did against Arkansas. The bar is not set very high here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.