Should we press more ?

695 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Method Man
Russ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wondering what yalls thoughts are on full court pressing more throughout the game?

With our length we seem to have decent success with it every time we go to it. Also seems to have an impact on our energy/hustle level.

Seems like I remember reading here that Kennedy was going to recruit to a team that would have that ability. I think we have a few players that could do well with that and wish we would see it more.
bobinator
AG
No, we'd be exhausted in about three minutes.
BQ_90
AG
We can barely make it back on defense now, plus it's hard to,press when you constantly miss shot and turn the ball over
Strike One
We don't have nearly enough guys who are quick enough, athletic enough, in shape enough or who simply care enough to play press defense, even for a minute or two.
Method Man
Yes. We will lose a lot more if we don't.
Vepp
NO.

Take a look at west virginias lineup. Then look at ours. We would get burned so hard if we tried to press for more than a few possessions in a row.

Now a half court 1-3-1 trap? I could see that working a few possessions a game.
Method Man
It really doesn't matter. We don't do one thing well except press when we are down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.