No Hustle

2,000 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Method Man
Geriatric Punk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I might be wrong, but it looks like our team has zero hustle half the time. We look uninspired and unorganized. To me that's coaching. Or am I missing something?
jml2621
Nope. It's lack of coaching.

This team has top 3 in the SEC talent...but they've undergone tremendous devolution since the beginning of the year.
Strike One
Like Hampton's total failure to go after the long rebound on Arkie's shot toward the end that gave Arkansas the ball instead of us. Even the few times the Ags dove for a loose ball it was after standing and looking at it for a split second then thinking, "Why not, it will look bad on tape if I don't act like I'm trying for it!" Very, very few effort plays by the Ags the last several games. Who, among our players, seem to care??
Geriatric Punk
AG
I don't remember seeing opposing teams collect 2-3 offensive rebounds in multiple possessions during the BCG days. I could be romanticizing, but our defense is just bad. Sucks.
DoubleVision09
AG
Nope, not missing anything. This uninspired and unorganized effort has been going on seemingly all season long.
AggieTFA06
AG
Lack of effort

outhustled

outcoached

outplayed

outefforted

Last year appears to be an anomely due to senior leadership

Tonight's game is characteristic of a Billy Kennedy coached team.

I'm not calling for anyone's head, but when is enough is enough?

To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Bunk Moreland
This team sucks. They're soft as tissue. All starts at the top.
Aston04
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

Lack of effort

outhustled

outcoached

outplayed

outefforted

Last year appears to be an anomely due to senior leadership

Tonight's game is characteristic of a Billy Kennedy coached team.

I'm not calling for anyone's head, but when is enough is enough?

I am. It was plainly obvious by year 2 he sucks at coaching (really year 1, but I understand giving him a break post diagnosis)... Every year he plays the look at the recruits coming in (and I'm a great guy with bad luck) card to keep him another year, while churning a big chunk of the roster. All told we willl have a decade of poor coaching because of his and our administration's incompetence.
e cartman
AG
It's not lack of hustle it's a roster full of players that lack quickness. Their brains may be telling them to react but, outside of Gilder and Williams, they lack footspeed and quickness. The other teams are simply more athletic and quicker to the ball.
Geriatric Punk
AG
e cartman said:

It's not lack of hustle it's a roster full of players that lack quickness. Their brains may be telling them to react but, outside of Gilder and Williams, they lack footspeed and quickness. The other teams are simply more athletic and quicker to the ball.

If that's the case, and I don't think it is, then you'd think we would devise a game plan that plays to that weakness. I really don't know jack, though.
e cartman
AG
You want to devise a game plan to be quicker to loose balls?
FTAG 2000
AG
DoubleVision09 said:

Nope, not missing anything. This uninspired and unorganized effort has been going on seemingly all of the last six years.
fify.
FTAG 2000
AG
There's a strong correlation between the effort you see in players and their coach.

Shockingly, a team of kids coached by a guy who has the demeanor of watching paint dry on the sidelines doesn't hustle and plays soft.
PatAg
AG
I completely disagree. I think our players bust their ass, and we have a lot of talent...just no PG talent or Head Coach talent. This team should absolutely be making the NCAA tourney, even without a PG.
JMJLAW
AG
PatAg said:

I completely disagree. I think our players bust their ass, and we have a lot of talent...just no PG talent or Head Coach talent. This team should absolutely be making the NCAA tourney, even without a PG.

In all sincerity, you need to carefully watch the games. There is no hustle or busting ass. Watch us on a night with any other quality team on another channel and flip between the two.
Yell Practice
Out Coached

Out Hussled.

Let's go Aggies. Turn it all Around.
PatAg
AG
JMJLAW said:

PatAg said:

In all sincerity, you need to carefully watch the games. There is no hustle or busting ass. Watch us on a night with any other quality team on another channel and flip between the two.
In all sincerity, I do. I just don't allow confirmation bias to control what I see.
Yell Practice
Desperately need PG talent.
Method Man
Yell Practice said:

Desperately need PG talent.

^Lives in College Station
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.