Bring Billy Clyde back!

5,969 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by peace
rhart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got to make a change here.,. Everyone deserves a second, third, fourth chance.
Vepp
Billy Gillespie retiring from basketball
peace
S
I hope BCG is getting healthy by now...that article was a couple months ago.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Got us a real expert on this here thread.
rhart
AG
You think BK is getting us anywhere? We need some passion; only BCG had shown me this since Shelby roamed the court!
Austin Ag
AG
Bring Stansbury back.
maxnow21
Fonzie Scheme said:

Got us a real expert on this here thread.

Can I slap the b*tch out of you or will that not help?
farmer1
AG
They let the person coaching the team last year go and give an extension to the sorry coach
Spiritofaggieland
AG
farmer1 said:

They let the person coaching the team last year go and give an extension to the sorry coach
Aggie Logic.

So true.
Know Your Enemy
AG
rhart said:

You think BK is getting us anywhere? We need some passion; only BCG had shown me this since Shelby roamed the court!

Turge didn't have passion?
rhart
AG
Turge was good, just whined too much.
Austin Ag
AG
Turge -- at A&M, 4 straight 24+ win seasons. 4 straight NCAA appearances.

Turge -- Terps are 16-2 and top 25 this year. Finished #12 last year.#16 the year before that.

I just don't understand how people thought he was a bad coach and that he "left the cupboard empty" for BK.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Bring Barone back!!!

Bring Barone back!!!

Bring Barone back!!!
rhart
AG
Turge was and is a great coach.
Rocco S
Austin Ag said:

Turge -- Terps are 16-2 and top 25 this year. Finished #12 last year.#16 the year before that.

I just don't understand how people thought he was a bad coach and that he "left the cupboard empty" for BK.
BK took over a team predicted to win the b12 and won 4 conference games that year. The only people that claim he inherited a bare cupboard are those that are sympathetic to him for his character/condition/something church related. This is what happens when donors get too friendly with coaches. The donor-coach relationship should remain professional and ideally there wouldn't be a relationship at all.
Yell Practice
Wish BCG was healthy.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
You'd probably swing and miss, just like OP did on this thread.
CrottyKid
AG
Jeff Boals is who we need. Obviously, for that reason, it won't happen.
ham98
The moment that everyone should have realized BK gets to stay as long as he wants is when we passed on Buzz Williams to keep him. Kennedy gets to do whatever he wants.
Yell Practice
Would like to see Turge return.
cedar
Bk has to go but want no part of Billy Clyde.
Yell Practice
I thought BK and BCG were gppd friends.
Yell Practice
Good Friends ???
hurleyag
AG
Vepp said:

Urban Meyer also retired from coaching football at Florida
TheOC16
AG
Rocco S said:

Austin Ag said:

BK took over a team predicted to win the b12 and won 4 conference games that year. The only people that claim he inherited a bare cupboard are those that are sympathetic to him for his character/condition/something church related. This is what happens when donors get too friendly with coaches. The donor-coach relationship should remain professional and ideally there wouldn't be a relationship at all.
I'm not asking this as a bash to Kennedy.

What are the character traits that you mention other people reference? I have heard this before. I'm not insinuating that I think he has poor character. I've just never really seen evidence of anything that made me respect his character any more than the average D1 head coach. I genuinely am curious; if nothing else, it would be nice to hear something nice about the man for a change.
Iowaggie
AG
Billy Clyde is going to have to work his way up from assistant coach on a small high school team first.

The highlight will be when the head coach gets kicked out of the game, and BCG calls for the picket fence to win the game.

But then a few nights later, he'll cost the team a technical foul when he misses the start of the game and stumbles on to the court looking like this:

jml2621
rhart said:

Turge was and is a great coach.
Leading the Big Ten
jml2621
hurleyag said:

Vepp said:

after winning 2 NCs

...not flaming out in Lubbock...and we all know how painful that can be.
TheOC16
AG
jml2621 said:

hurleyag said:

Vepp said:

after winning 2 NCs

...not flaming out in Lubbock...and we all know how painful that can be.
Yell Practice
Lokking for BCG to get well.
Yell Practice
Pull an Urban Myer and come back soon.
uneedastraw
According to a friend who spoke with him recently, BCG is looking to get back into coaching soon.

Interesting how far the guy has fallen as he can go to a basketball game in small towns and not be noticed at all. Just sits in the crowd unidentified by most.
jphelmet
AG
TheOC16 said:

Rocco S said:

Austin Ag said:

I'm not asking this as a bash to Kennedy.

What are the character traits that you mention other people reference? I have heard this before. I'm not insinuating that I think he has poor character. I've just never really seen evidence of anything that made me respect his character any more than the average D1 head coach. I genuinely am curious; if nothing else, it would be nice to hear something nice about the man for a change.
My dad met BK at an FCA meeting a couple years back. My father had just been diagnosed with Parkinson's. A mutual friend told BK and introduced them. Coach took about 20 minutes with my dad, and greatly encouraged him, telling him about medications and expectations. He invited him to come and spend a day with him after the season. BK seems like a very kind and gracious man, that goes out of his way to help others.

That said, I obviously think highly of him as a person. I think he is a below-average coach and its definitely time to move on. You don't keep a coach in a major D-1 program because he is a great guy.
Nino Brown
Just need to get Buzz to come home
Aggie
AG
Sad situation with BCG.
I hope he is healthy now.

I don't think the powers that be would ever hire him back at A&M.
But he had this program absolutely rocking when he was here.
Aggie basketball was the cool thing on campus. Turge was a great coach and kept things rolling but BCG was a rock star.
I miss those days. Went to all the games.
I have been to 1 freaking game since BK has been here.. And I live less than 10 minutes from Reed. Even last year when we were decent I couldn't get into it.
BK has just sucked the life outta Aggie basketball for me.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.