Players losing their sneakers

2,674 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Craigy
Craigy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Before you laugh hear me out. The is so very basic. Coach Wooden preached this from day 1 . Most players that came in tho his program had the incorrect shoe size. He properly fit the correct size and showed the players how to put on socks and PROPERLY tie their shoes so they wouldn't untie on the court. This is so basic. Our players had 4 instances with shoe problems today alone. I also believe it hurt Robert Williams at the end of the game when he slipped and the ball went out of bounds attempting to grab a rebound on a missed free throw. . DJ Hogg shoe fell completely off which should NEVER EVER happen unless your foot is inside it. He actually popped his shoe back on without untying it! The point is this is a sign a poor leadership. If you don't believe me show me an example of an exceptional team that has this problem.
Tobias Funke
AG
Heard you out and THEN I laughed
AggieSportsGuy
AG
miller0926
AG
Were we playing in some new "throwback" shoes too?
Drake aTm
AG
I agree.

Take away the shoes and give them high heels, because they look like a women's team.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
OP is right. There are LOTS of things wrong with this program. Signs and symptoms everywhere. Laughing it off doesn't make it false.

Bury some other things is this 'crazy thread'

Lots of soft players, learning from a soft coaching staff.

Our early season 1 and done phenom, might want to consider staying a while longer to learn some more about high level basketball IQ, toughness and awareness. Still really young in his development (although not sure who on this staff is going to teach him what he wouldn't learn in the D-league after being drafted).

Lack of more Caleb at PG --- mysteries of the universe. Agree with the multitude of threads been posted on here the last month.
biobioprof
Drake aTm said:

I agree.

Take away the shoes and give them high heels, because they look like a women's team.
The women are ranked.
TXM Pride
biobioprof said:

Drake aTm said:

I agree.

The women are ranked.

He said A women's team not OUR women's team
biobioprof
TXM Pride said:

biobioprof said:

Drake aTm said:

I agree.

The women are ranked.

He said A women's team not OUR women's team
Well, OK then.
txjortsagent
AG
I wish I could star this OP a hundred times
Yell Practice
Thank you OP. Those points are very important. Our team has probably never heard those points.
EliteZags
AG

fashion over function duh if ya wanna connect with the recruits ya gotta show that swag

Craigy
There you go vs Georgia not even 10 minutes in to the game Robert Williams shoe comes completely off and he can't cover the baseline and gives up a bucket. He was able to slip it back on without even even untying it. Again, this should NEVER EVER happen.
Yell Practice
Yell Practice
Very good post OP.
Houstonag
AG
I agree with the OP. On target. Just dumb and adolescent. Some of these players think that putting your shoes on for the BB game is like slipping into your flip flops to got the McDonalds.

Can you imagine a track runner on Pat's team losing his shoes on the 400.
Method Man
Houstonag said:

I agree with the OP. On target. Just dumb and adolescent. Some of these players think that putting your shoes on for the BB game is like slipping into your flip flops to got the McDonalds.

Can you imagine a track runner on Pat's team losing his shoes on the 400.

I can imagine them dropping a baton on the relays...every year.
Craigy
DJ just sat out the Ole Miss game because of foot/ankle injury. Do you think a properly fitted shoe/sock and properly tied shoe might of prevented this? This is the same foot his shoe came completely off 2 games ago . Also, he was able to just slip his shoe right back on without untying it when it happened. It not about this being " a little thing" because everything thing is a little thing.
Brock Sampson
AG
CraigSU84 said:

DJ just sat out the Ole Miss game because of foot/ankle injury. Do you think a properly fitted shoe/sock and properly tied shoe might of prevented this? This is the same foot his shoe came completely off 2 games ago . Also, he was able to just slip his shoe right back on without untying it when it happened. It not about this being " a little thing" because everything thing is a little thing.

Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves.
EliteZags
AG
I bet OP wears a seatbelt when driving too, and uses a spotter when maxing out at the gym, and a harness for rock climbing, and wears sunblock

if you spend your life worrying about little things you'll never get to truly live
Post removed:
by user
Craigy
or win
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.