*****Call your shot - conference play prediction thread *****

3,322 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Finzee
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1) Saying we don't have a pg isn't an excuse. It is a fact. Look at our roster.

2) The fact it is a fact is the fault of the HC more than anyone else. That isn't rocket science.
Deputy Travis Junior
I think a good coach would do more with the guards we have on roster. Maybe not turn water into wine, but he'd do better than we are right now
Method Man
knowing we shouldn't average 24 turnovers per game in road sec games shouldn't be rocket science either considering many of them aren't made by the PG.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

I think a good coach would do more with the guards we have on roster. Maybe not turn water into wine, but he'd do better than we are right now
Gilder is our only guard that would play on ~90% of the P5 teams out there. Hampton was a shot in the dark and miss. Eubanks is a bust...which happens. The rest are all either unranked (like Smith) or walkons. Losing Caldwell hurts, but even with him, we'd have 2 guys that could play elsewhere.

The good news is help is on the way. The bad news we'll start losing bigs very soon.

For Method, that means the HC is doing a very poor job managing the roster, year after year. Clear enough?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Method Man said:

knowing we shouldn't average 24 turnovers per game in road sec games shouldn't be rocket science either considering many of them aren't made by the PG.
DJ is one of our worst TO machines. He's having to do a lot of ball handling that is normally done by guards. Leading to TOs. Why? Because we have no guards. SCIENCE.

Stop digging dude. You made a silly assumption that I was making excuses for BK when I wasn't. Just drive on.
Method Man
Uh you made an excuse and your stupid laughing emoticon doesn't change that. BK's teams have always been turnover prone and mostly all sucked so however you want to frame it as an isolated incident is an excuse.
brotheraggie
GE said:

Thu, Dec 29 Tennessee - W
Tue, Jan 3 @ #8 Kentucky - L
Sat, Jan 7 @ South Carolina - L
Wed, Jan 11 LSU - W
Sat, Jan 14 @ Mississippi State - W
Tue, Jan 17 Arkansas - W
Sat, Jan 21 Georgia - W
Wed, Jan 25 @ Ole Miss - W
Sat, Jan 28 @ #11 West Virginia - L
Tue, Jan 31 Vanderbilt - W
Sat, Feb 4 @ LSU - W
Wed, Feb 8 Missouri - W
Sat, Feb 11 @ Florida - L
Thu, Feb 16 @ Vanderbilt - W
Sat, Feb 18 Auburn - W
Wed, Feb 22 @ Arkansas - L
Sat, Feb 25 Alabama - W
Tue, Feb 28 @ Missouri - W
Sat, Mar 4 Kentucky - L

13-5
Not this season
TangoMike
Ol Jock 99 said:

Method Man said:

DJ is one of our worst TO machines. He's having to do a lot of ball handling that is normally done by guards. Leading to TOs. Why? Because we have no guards. SCIENCE.

Stop digging dude. You made a silly assumption that I was making excuses for BK when I wasn't. Just drive on.

Very few of his turnovers are related to handling the ball. It's not like he keeps dribbling off his foot while trying to bring the ball up. Lacking Penny Hardaway is not why this team is 9-7
Method Man
Anyways love you oljock. We want the same thing and we both agree things would be better with a good PG and that that's on Kennedy.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Method Man said:

Anyways love you oljock. We want the same thing and we both agree things would be better with a good PG and that that's on Kennedy.

We are in furious agreement.

Unfortunately with the new buyout, BK will be the one responsible for "solving" this problem.
Deputy Travis Junior
Ol Jock 99 said:

Gilder is our only guard that would play on ~90% of the P5 teams out there. Hampton was a shot in the dark and miss. Eubanks is a bust...which happens. The rest are all either unranked (like Smith) or walkons. Losing Caldwell hurts, but even with him, we'd have 2 guys that could play elsewhere.

The good news is help is on the way. The bad news we'll start losing bigs very soon.

For Method, that means the HC is doing a very poor job managing the roster, year after year. Clear enough?
I agree that Gilder appears to be the only legit D-1 guard, but I think a better coach would coax more out of the other guys. I also don't think we have a clear idea of their ceilings (particularly Eubanks') because I haven't seen enough player development from other people who've come through the program.

I don't know. That discussion gets messy in a hurry, so probably not worth diving in. Suffice it to say that I think a good coach would get more from the guards on our roster than Kennedy is.
mncag
6-10
LeFraud
At least the Ags get to play LSU and Mizz twice each
Ol Jock 99
AG
Look at this picture. These young guys are aggies and are doing their best, but when the ENTIRE front row has no business on a P5 roster (and the ineligible guy on the 2nd row is also a guard), you gots troubles.

jml2621

Ol Jock 99 said:

I agree that Gilder appears to be the only legit D-1 guard, but I think a better coach would coax more out of the other guys. I also don't think we have a clear idea of their ceilings (particularly Eubanks') because I haven't seen enough player development from other people who've come through the program.

I don't know. That discussion gets messy in a hurry, so probably not worth diving in. Suffice it to say that I think a good coach would get more from the guards on our roster than Kennedy is.

One of the problems is having Eubanks and Hampton and Vila in TOGETHER...and blowing a 10 point lead.

BK rotations. Bring your Tums and nitroglycerin pills.
jml2621
Ol Jock 99 said:

Quote:

The talent is there.
You can get away with missing some pieces in college. You can go 4 guards, you can go big. But you can't go "no PG". And guess what? We ain't got no PG.

These folks disagree.

We have 4 top 100 players, including a future Lotto pick.

No excuse for not being an NCAAT team.

The team that played UCLA has disintegrated.

Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm officially changing my prediction to 3-whatever.
Finzee
Only 3 conference wins total. That includes two with missouri
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.