SEC Weekly RPI Watch

10,199 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TangoMike
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It probably depends on who the three losses are to, but unless they win the SEC Tournament, 11-7 is going to give them 13 losses. That's a pretty big number to overcome, even with a schedule as crazy as theirs.
mgmgrand
AG
Seems like the middle of the pack is playing each other round robin these next few weeks.

Tennessee v Auburn is a huge one for both teams tonight...Auburn has good enough OOC results to make a case to dance come March if they can finish top 6 in the league and Tennessee really needs this game to separate itself from the middle of the pack

Alabama @ Arkansas tomorrow night - Bama is 6-2 but their schedule is about to pick up. They need wins like these to have any shot in March. I really don't think Arkansas is as good as their resume shows but a win here would keep their resume separated from the pack.

Anyways, a lot of important games this week for a multitude of teams. I'll be interested to see if any of the individual teams can piggyback off of the league's success this past weekend and create momentum for this to possibly be a 5 or heck even a 6 bid league. The RPI's seem good enough compared to years past.
bobinator
AG
I think all of those teams are on extremely thin ice except for Arkansas. Auburn and Alabama would both almost have to win out, though Alabama still hosts Kentucky which could buy them a few losses.
bobinator
AG
If the league goes Big 10 and orchestrates some timely losses, then six might be possible. It's going to take a pretty fortunate series of events though.
miller0926
AG
Ya I think Tennessee might have a reasonable argument pretty soon if they keep winning. They've actually started appearing in quite a few of the bracketmatrix brackets. They're #41 in RPI (#40 is Va Tech) and #4 in SOS.

On another note, I'm curious to see what happens to our RPI and SOS after this 3 game stretch against sub .500 teams (of course assuming we win them all and don't pick up a disastrous loss). Going into the game tonight, we are #29 in SOS and #81 in RPI (RPI is .5603).
bobinator
AG
Tennessee had a good week and is in halfway decent shape as long as they don't lose to anyone bad. The problem is they have a lot of chances to do just that.
LeFraud
Tenn has the HUGE win over UK which I'm sure the committee will love, especially if UK ends up 15-3/14-4. I agree with you Bob on the amount of losses they'll have by finishing 11-7, but they've got to find 68 teams to fill the bracket...
miller0926
AG
2/5 update. Through 10 conference games.

7. Kentucky
12. Florida
17. South Carolina
35. Tennessee
36. Arkansas
53. Georgia
58. Ole Miss
60. Vanderbilt
63. Auburn
78. Alabama
85. Texas A&M
112. Mississippi St.
146. LSU
246. Missouri
miller0926
AG
SEC Tourney if the season ended today.

1. South Carolina (9-1)
2. Florida (8-2)
3. Kentucky (8-2)
4. Arkansas (6-4)
5. Alabama (6-4)
6. Ole Miss (5-5) (2-0 vs. Tennessee/State)
7. Tennessee (5-5) (1-2 vs. Ole Miss/State; has highest win vs. Kentucky)
8. Mississippi St. (5-5) (1-2 vs. Ole Miss/Tennessee)
9. Georgia (4-6) (2-1 vs. Auburn/A&M/Vandy; 1-0 vs. Vandy)
10. Vanderbilt (4-6) (2-1 vs. Georgia/A&M/Auburn)
11. Texas A&M (4-6) (1-1 vs. Auburn/Georgia/Vandy)
12. Auburn (4-6) (0-2 vs. Georgia/A&M/Vandy)
13. LSU (1-9)
14. Missouri (1-9)
jml2621
miller0926 said:

7. Kentucky
12. Florida
17. South Carolina
35. Tennessee
36. Arkansas
53. Georgia
58. Ole Miss
60. Vanderbilt
63. Auburn
78. Alabama
85. Texas A&M
112. Mississippi St.
146. LSU
246. Missouri

Equal Time (KP):

6. KY
7. UF
25. USCe
37. TN
49. UGa
51. Arky
57. Vandy
62. Ags
64. Bama
70. Ole Miss
79. Auburn
97. Miss St.
170. LSU
188. Mizzou

in bold - NCAA teams

TAMU - boosted by close losses to UCLA, WVU, Zona. We're capable of playing with anybody in the nation IF we can get our act together!
LeFraud
An ugly Saturday for the league. Arky and Tenn both with losses they couldn't really afford. UK losing doesn't help, especially since that a W Tenn is really needing come selection Sunday.

5 teams is looking less likely.
mgmgrand
AG
LeFraud said:

An ugly Saturday for the league. Arky and Tenn both with losses they couldn't really afford. UK losing doesn't help, especially since that a W Tenn is really needing come selection Sunday.

5 teams is looking less likely.
Yup. Bama too. Throw in some big weeks for teams like Ok.State, Syracuse and some of the other Big 12 bubblers and its looking way more likely the SEC gets 3 bids compared to 5. ACC might get 10
TangoMike
jml2621 said:

miller0926 said:

7. Kentucky
12. Florida
17. South Carolina
35. Tennessee
36. Arkansas
53. Georgia
58. Ole Miss
60. Vanderbilt
63. Auburn
78. Alabama
85. Texas A&M
112. Mississippi St.
146. LSU
246. Missouri

Equal Time (KP):

6. KY
7. UF
25. USCe
37. TN
49. UGa
51. Arky
57. Vandy
62. Ags
64. Bama
70. Ole Miss
79. Auburn
97. Miss St.
170. LSU
188. Mizzou

in bold - NCAA teams

TAMU - boosted by close losses to UCLA, WVU, Zona. We're capable of playing with anybody in the nation IF we can get our act together!

Any ranking system that lists the current Texas A&M team in the top 68 should be immediately ignored

Ken Pomeroy is cool, and I'm a fellow econometrician/statistician, but his attempt to be forward looking often belies the real results

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.