Korny Announcer at Reed

3,997 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by hillcountryag86
Chomp214
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chomp214
AG
Is anyone else annoyed at the way the announcer at Reed butchers the names of our players? He has gotten worse. At first I thought it kinda cute---now it is annoying.
Raven
S
Agee
Raven
S
Agree....can't type obviously
old yeller
AG
I agee, too. He's awful.
bobinator
AG
I hadn't noticed him quoting a lot of "Freak on a leash" but I'll pay more attention tonight
hillcountryag86
AG
You referring to Murphy?
phorizt
I would like him to start using Key and Peele name pronunciations
Method Man
It's spelled "corny".
old yeller
AG
Method Man said:

It's spelled "corny".
jja79
AG
I've only been to the USC game so far. Is Chace Murphy still the PA guy? It sounded something like him at that game, but something wasn't right.
hillcountryag86
AG
jja79 said:

I've only been to the USC game so far. Is Chace Murphy still the PA guy? It sounded something like him at that game, but something wasn't right.
Must have been him...
swc93
AG
meds?
Tobias Funke
AG
It did bother me a little on Monday night when he said "Now coming into the game, Eric Boom-na-da-mmm-dum-na-Vila, da-boom-na-da-mmm-dum-na-Vila"
jeep
AG
Just call the game for crying out loud. We don't need a comedian with cute name pronunciations. Gets old fast.
bobinator
AG
Tobias Funke said:

It did bother me a little on Monday night when he said "Now coming into the game, Eric Boom-na-da-mmm-dum-na-Vila, da-boom-na-da-mmm-dum-na-Vila"
I actually thought that was a nice touch, I didn't get all the trash talking about Fred Durst during the pregame announcements though.
hillcountryag86
AG
jeep said:

Just call the game for crying out loud. We don't need a comedian with cute name pronunciations. Gets old fast.
As dumb as the UTSA game? "... (ball carrier) meets, Mister Myles Garrett!"
Method Man
Tobias Funke said:

This is so good.
Rongagin71
AG
He talks too much and too loud, the game and the fans cheering needs to be the main entertainment...the announcer should be be background.
MatthewRothell
AG
I realized that too.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Gagree.
Isaih Smollett
Why does he always say the opposing players names when they come in the game?

Or his "out of bounds in favor of..."
Legal Custodian
AG
He never used to be that way from everything I remembered, I wonder what changed.
old yeller
AG
Is he the same guy that does the Lady Aggies games?
Kbeauty63
AG
no, Mark Edwards does the announcing for the Lady Aggies
RG20
I forgot who was shooting, but at the game against American he was actually talking while one of our players was shooting (and missed) a free throw. It was like a camera going off during in a golfers swing. I found it awkward to listen to him at times as well.
hillcountryag86
AG
RG20 said:

I forgot who was shooting, but at the game against American he was actually talking while one of our players was shooting (and missed) a free throw. It was like a camera going off during in a golfers swing. I found it awkward to listen to him at times as well.

Many words come to mind when I have to listen to him. Awkward isn't one of them.
strbrst777
Not sure if it is Chase Murphy. But I agree that the announcing is bad...and annoying. Same for the loud "music" and annoying noises. Reed has become a giant boombox--not good. As for Mark Edwards, WBB announcer, he is also annoying. He and the boombox garbage are the main reasons that, after many years, I did not renew season tics. Last year after a few WBB games, I asked myself why was I paying to be annoyed by "Aggies' ball" and "I said Aggies' ball." I dropped the tics and don't miss it at all.
6-4-3
AG
Yes. I was there for the American game. It was terrible. I had to think for awhile of the last time I had seen that during a foul shot at an NCAA or NBA game. I couldn't think of one instance.
Aggie
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

jeep said:

As dumb as the UTSA game? "... (ball carrier) meets, Mister Myles Garrett!"

This this and this
Oh that was so bad at the UTSA game
johnnyblaze36
AG
It was a different guy tonight. Far less annoying. Not sure his name.
rosstradamas70
AG
one of the first things my wife remarked on was how much better the announcing was
and then the socks
hillcountryag86
AG
Someone has to realize a sports announcer, if he's awful, really does represent A&M. If he's good, he really won't be noticed too much -- and that's a good thing. But if he's bad,....

And Kyle Field's announcer is horrible. And 100,000 people know it five or six Saturdays a year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.