Kobe Eubanks

3,799 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bobinator
SeaGates
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is he 100% after off season knee surgery or stilltrying to get better

Seemed to have a few moments last year, but has only played 9 minutes all year this year
DeangeloVickers
AG
I'd think even if he was hurt his size alone makes him our 3rd best guard
Method Man
He's not good.
jml2621
Ryno01 said:

I'd think even if he was hurt his size alone makes him our 3rd best guard

That's a good point.

He was injured pretty badly. I think the kid can contribute as time goes on. It may be late this year or next year...but he's physical.
DeangeloVickers
AG
At this point standing in the corner and jacking up 3s will help eat minutes

Hogg and Gilder can't go 35 min every important game
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Method Man said:

He's not good.

Based on what??
Method Man
He does have a nice looking 3. Not as nice as Peyton Allen's but...
jml2621
Ryno01 said:

The good news is that we don't have that many important games left.
Method Man
I don't think we've ever agreed more jml!
Serious Lee
hard not to agree with method man at this point.
Pumpkinhead
AG
jml2621 said:

Ryno01 said:

The good news is that we don't have that many important games left.

That means if we lose one of those 'unimportant' games, nobody will be posting complaints or insults on TexAgs?

Is the 2014-2015 NIT season so long ago that it has been forgotten? Despite having won only one game that season vs a team that received an NCAA bid (LSU), Texas A&M would have (per the analysts) still made the NCAA had only it beaten a bad Bama team at home in the last game of season.

Apparently it turns out all those 'unimportant' games can be pretty important, because even if you lose almost every game vs 'important' opponents, you still often can get an NCAA bid if you simply beat everyone that you are supposed to beat.

That is why, with a Virginia Tech win already in the bag, even if A&M were to lose vs Arizona, WVU, Kentucky twice, Florida, South Carolina, and let's say one other loss somewhere in conference schedule...that would still be a 23+ win (13-5) A&M team with a V-Tech win that would get an NCAA bid.

We would probably be double digit seed with not much chance to advance, but we would still get in the tourney.

Every game is important....we had this same gnashing of teeth about 'quality' wins seemingly the entire 2014-2015 season's ...and at the very end all we had to do was beat a Bama team whose coach was about to get fired.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Method Man said:

He's not good.
I'm actually leaning this way. People just keep assuming that he's hurt and don't consider the fact that he just may not be better than the guys that are playing. I really hope that's not the case and that he will be much improved by the start of conference, but its something to at least consider.
Pumpkinhead
AG
On Eubanks, I am also becoming skeptical he will contribute much at A&M. If he does not do much this year, you have highly rated scoring combo guards like Starks and Chandler, not to mention a versatile wing in Savion Flagg showing up next season to restock the backcourt, and I suspect that may push guys like Eubanks and Caleb Smith out. We will see.

I will say this about Eubanks. He seems like a good teammate. I have often seen him celebrating and smiling on the bench and rooting for his buddies on the court. I often look at that during games, which guys seemed to be engaged on the bench, and he has seemed to be pretty engaged.
phorizt
Kobe is a guy who attended 4 or 5 different HS/prep school programs in his HS career and committed to 3 different programs. I'm guessing we'll find out very very soon if he's not playing bc of injury or just bc he can't crack the lineup. If he's just not good enough to crack the lineup we'll know at midterm.

Now saying that, I would really really like to see him start logging minutes and show enough to get in the backcourt rotation immediately.
bobinator
AG
It would be nice just to have another option, but we haven't seen anything out of him to indicate he's any better of a ballhandler than Hampton, Hogg or even Vila. His highlights from high school make him look like a shorter Jalen Jones, so he's kind of a small small forward anyway from what I've seen.

Again, would be nice just to have someone else to try out there, but I haven't seen anything that would indicate he can help our main shortcomings.
Method Man
GoodAg Paulie said:

Method Man said:

He's not good.

Based on what??

Uh...everything?
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Method Man said:

GoodAg Paulie said:

Method Man said:

He's not good.

Based on what??

Uh...everything?

Like his extensive court time?? I'm just not willing to say the kid can't play based on the limited court time he has played and the circumstances behind his injury. There may be factors keeping him off the court early in the season that the general public isnt aware. But maybe your sources are telling you otherwise.

Also just to confirm, if he transfers you won't pin it on the coaching staff right.......cause he "no good".
Method Man
That's a lot of words. I was one that saw potential with Allen and Fitz. I don't see much here and he will probably transfer. Don't blame staff.
SouthTex99
AG
bobinator
AG
I mean you're operating under the assumption that he's not healthy now, have we been given any reason to expect that he's not?
SouthTex99
AG
Serious Lee
up to this point he looks like derrek lewis, the wing from tulsa that BCG recruited. too stiff to compete with whats coming in next year
rlb28
AG
Kennedy: Kobie Eubanks has been better in practice. We wanted to give him a chance tonight. He looked more comfortable.
Method Man
Good quote. I would've taken about three Denver players above him especially their leading scorer.
GtownRAB
AG
Either he is hurt or has no chance of playing here. If he is healthy and not earning any minutes this early in the season, that is not good.

We desperately need a third guard to setup up, and Hogg to improve. If Eubanks hasn't earned at least some decent minutes against corpus and Denver to see what he can do, he isn't going to get the minutes at all.

Hoping is still recovering and getting into game shape so we could see his minutes slowly increase, but it does not appear that is the case. He didn't play much last year, but never really showed he deserves more minutes either.
bobinator
AG
It was nice to see him out there a little bit.

Like I said though, he could add some depth where we don't have any, but he's not going to solve any of our ballhandling or quickness issues either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.