Rebounding

1,422 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PatAg
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last night obviously wasn't good, but I'm wondering if lack of rebounding is concerning to anyone? Aggies are +5.1 on the year, but have lost the battle of the boards to USC, UCLA and A&MCC. Can't imagine getting beat on the boards with Davis, Williams, Tonny, Tavario and Hogg.
bobinator
AG
Not concerned yet. Learning to rebound out of a zone is hard, and a lot of our rebounding problem is we've missed a lot of shots, especially free throws where the defense almost always gets the rebound.
GE
AG
I don't care to look up the numbers but it feels like our opponents this season have jacked up a lot of bad threes and oftentimes the bounce off the rim on those sends it back to the offense.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Feel like so far the main culprit is learning to rebound better out of the zone, especially on the weak/backside where space between ball and man becomes a detriment to rebounding. especially long rebounds.
rlb28
AG
GE said:

I don't care to look up the numbers but it feels like our opponents this season have jacked up a lot of bad threes and oftentimes the bounce off the rim on those sends it back to the offense.
maybe, but Aggies shooting 31 percent from 3 and opponents 34%

probably not a case for concern, but in both losses ags were outrebounded.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

and a lot of our rebounding problem is we've missed a lot of shots
As opposed to all the rebounds that come off made shots....
AgGrad99
AG
I'm a little concerned. It's definitely something we need to improve on going forward, and going into conference play. At this point, I'm starting to think 'we are who we are' with regards to rebounding.
bobinator
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

and a lot of our rebounding problem is we've missed a lot of shots
As opposed to all the rebounds that come off made shots....
Haha
txagssweetie2014
AgGrad99 said:

I'm a little concerned. It's definitely something we need to improve on going forward, and going into conference play. At this point, I'm starting to think 'we are who we are' with regards to rebounding.

I don't think it is who we are. We are young and I expect significant improvements this season and next season. Like Acie said, there are so many nuances that a veteran team knows.
AgGrad99
AG
txagssweetie2014 said:

AgGrad99 said:

I don't think it is who we are. We are young and I expect significant improvements this season and next season. Like Acie said, there are so many nuances that a veteran team knows.
I'm just projecting for this season. I expect we'll do a lot of things different next season.
Method Man
Trocha isn't a good rebounder.
rlb28
AG
Tonny Trocha-Morelos: The emphasis in practice for the last few days has been rebounding. We have to take care of the basket.
TMartin
Too many guys trying to out jump the other team instead of boxing out. Coach was never happy with us in rebounding drills if the ball didn't hit the floor without being touched. Block out or run.laps.
PatAg
AG
rlb28 said:

Tonny Trocha-Morelos: The emphasis in practice for the last few days has been rebounding. We have to take care of the basket.

Tony will actually get the ball first, only to have it easily knocked out of his hands. Not sure if thats a coachable trait
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.