Too much Chase ...

5,664 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Method Man
rrtodds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
if I wanted to hear play by play, I would listen to the radio.

Just announce, Chase.

Tonight was too much noise ... too much oddly pronounced names ... especially too much rrrrrrrr rolling ... too much drama in general!
Sam75
GE
AG
Who is Chase?
CypressAg09
AG
If you're talking and the reed arena play by play guy, then yea, he's awful. Rolls his r's for about a minute whenever he says Tonny's name. It's super cheesy and annoying.
Method Man
Dave is awful and so is will. They all blow.
Method Man
Alex Caruso's dad and Thornton are ok.
Method Man
"Aggies draw a turnover"...

Uh what the hell does that mean, Dave?
CactusThomas
AG
What was it that he kept calling Robert Williams?
Inca
AG
He was especially over the top annoying tonight. He might have actually been worse than the women's announcer, and that's saying something.
old yeller
AG
rrtodds said:

if I wanted to hear play by play, I would listen to the radio.

Just announce, Chase.

Tonight was too much noise ... too much oddly pronounced names ... especially too much rrrrrrrr rolling ... too much drama in general!

Totally agree. He is annoying as hell.
miller0926
AG
Ya it's gotten pretty bad this year. After one of Admon's 3's, I don't know what all he was rambling but Corpus was already about to attempt a shot by the time he said "Gilder"
jja79
AG
You talking about Chace?
GE
AG
Which broadcast is this guy on?
bobinator
AG
They're talking about the in-house announcer.

I like Chace well enough, seems like a good dude, but yeah he needs to dial it back.

He kept calling Robert Williams either Eric or Derrick Williams, at one point he said Tavario Miller made a basket when it was actually a basket for Corpus Christi (he got his #42s mixed up)

He was talking while Trocha was shooting a free throw at one point...

Less is more.
Gig Em5014
AG
I definitely think he's over the top but I actually enjoy it. I get a kick out of hearing what he'll come up with next. A favorite of mine last night was, "Showtime with Eric Williams" after a Gilder to Williams alley-oop that hardly warranted more than an applause (Williams makes them look too effortless). And when he was explaining exactly what had transpired over the last 30 seconds of play while Tonny was lining up to shoot.
bobinator
AG
It's like a white version of the And 1 Mixtape guy.
GE
AG
I've only made one game this season but it seemed that DJ Mike wasn't there. Is that not happening anymore?
Inca
AG
DJ Mike has been there every game.
GE
AG
Inca said:

DJ Mike has been there every game.
Good to know, he adds to the atmosphere.
strbrst777
Is this year's Reed announcer for MBB Chase Murphy? I was there and was not sure who it was, but I thought it was pretty bad...for reasons posted in this thread. As for the rest of the artificial environment at Reed, IMO it was BAD. The halftime performance and "music" was awful... and way too loud. Reed has become a giant boom box. And I do not like the DJ Mike nonsense. The company line is "some like it." Well, some don't! Seriously considering not renewing my season tics next season. The Spirit band does a great job.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Can we also can the air guitar feature.
6-4-3
AG
Yes. Arena public address announcer. Please complete the announcement of the shooter before he is raising the ball to shoot the free throw. Preferably sooner than that. Less is more when it comes to PA duties.
Method Man
bobinator said:

It's like a white version of the And 1 Mixtape guy.

BRO BABY!
Kemo Sabe
At the USC game I could have sworn that the PA announcer was drunk! Very grating on the ears. Not in any hurry to go back to Reed until this annoyance is corrected.
maddogag
I thought he was drunk also at the Corpus Christi game. Very annoying. And get rid of the air guitar

The old Chase was just fine
hillcountryag86
AG
The Kyle Field 'experience' is horrible due to him. Absolutely, horrible.

The announcing is fake. It's forced. It's as if he is determined to have a signature and it's a complete failure. Good announcers are good because they are just enough a part of the game to not be remembered. Those rare ones like Keith Jackson and his, "Whoa Nellie," are just a natural extension.

And why is this so important? Because he is the voice and representation of a major university. At Kyle, he represents A&M to 100,000 people -- more than most cities in Texas. And several thousand at Reed.

And his work is pathetic. A good official and a good announcer have fans leaving the game glad they went. The refs and the announcer were so good, they really weren't noticed.

But this guy has thousands leaving the stadium and arena remembering him and his clown shtick as much as the contest itself.

Used to think he should go announce a Pop Warner game. Now, I would encourage that league to make him try out. There just might be a Dad in the stands who can run up to the press box and do better.
6-4-3
AG
Bush League antics. No doubt. Just let the players play and get out of the way.
miller0926
AG
Well new PA guy today.
hillcountryag86
AG
miller0926 said:

Well new PA guy today.

Really?
Isaih Smollett
Yeah really
hillcountryag86
AG
Great!
rrtodds
AG
Substitute baseball announcer subbing for Chace, men's basketball announcer.

Less is more ... for both of them.
CastilloAg_16
AG
I think it's awesome
Method Man
You're welcome Reed
jml2621
Chace him away.
hillcountryag86
AG
Artc32 said:

I think it's awesome
Well Chace, a lot of people absolutely don't!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.