Arizona

3,332 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GE
Morpholino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's your thoughts on our game against them?

They have several big guys in their rotation. I think we will see a lot of the Davis Williams Trocha Hogg Gilder rotation.

They've started slow in this game against Gonzaga and announcers also said the same for their MSU game. If we can jump on them from the get go we may be in good shape.

When does Trier return? Hopefully after our game ;-)
GE
AG
I think we are going to smoke them
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
We generally (all BK teams under his tenure) start slow...so I do t see us ever running away from them like the zags. It will be a tight game and come down to defending the 3 ball, making 3 ball, and free throws.
Pumpkinhead
AG
TST said:

We generally (all BK teams under his tenure) start slow...so I do t see us ever running away from them like the zags. It will be a tight game and come down to defending the 3 ball, making 3 ball, and free throws.

We actually started 'fast' the last game that we played vs an elite UCLA team. We got out quick to an 11-2 lead with Tyler Davis scoring the first 8 points. Not really sure the 'generally' start slow comment is that accurate. I can think of games certainly that we started slow, but also of games we started fast. But not going to bother going back the past several seasons coming up with some % game started slow stat.

Regardless, The team that we saw in the John Wooden tourney last week can compete with any team in the country. Virginia Tech is pretty good (has beaten Nebraska and won @Michigan since losing to us) and UCLA is a great Final Four quality looking team. And the Ags more than held their own against those two opponents.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
We're just a PG away from being top 10 caliber team. Think we may be top 15 end of year even without the PG.

Hope everyone is back next year to see if this group plus Caldwell can really make a run in he tourney. Plus all the depth of incoming freshman.

if gilder ever was seriously injured this year...yikes. With him we can compete with anyone.
Morpholino
AG
GE said:

After watching this Gonzaga game I'm leaning this way.
Method Man
We've played three good teams. One better than Zona. We haven't smoked any of then.
Serious Lee
Morpholino said:

he made his first trip today but didnt suit out. since the semester will be over before our game, i wouldnt be surprised to see him back for his first game against us.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

Morpholino said:

he made his first trip today but didnt suit out. since the semester will be over before our game, i wouldnt be surprised to see him back for his first game against us.
That is typically how things seem to play out for us. Trier will return in time for our game ha ha.
jml2621
TST said:

BK's characteristic is the mid-season slump. Sometimes we recover - last year. Sometimes we don't (2015 post Vanderbilt)

In games, it's the last 2 min of each half, with THE notable exception against UNI.
jml2621
TST said:

We're just a PG away from being top 10 caliber team. Think we may be top 15 end of year even without the PG.

Hope everyone is back next year to see if this group plus Caldwell can really make a run in he tourney. Plus all the depth of incoming freshman.

if gilder ever was seriously injured this year...yikes. With him we can compete with anyone.

Gilder
Hogg
Trocha
Williams
Davis

Then sub in

Miller
Vila
Hampton
Caleb

Only scrub minutes for the remainder.

Can't afford an injury, especially Admon or Davis.
Wearamaskaggie
AG
There's always a narrative.
miller0926
AG

Apparently happened last Wednesday against Texas Southern (wow that blows) so he didn't play against Gonzaga.
Serious Lee
thats a huge blow. our game will basically be a battle of the bigs. i like that
Mikeyshooter
AG
My only concern with this game is how our guys respond to Arizona's pressure defense. I've noticed that some of our guys like the challenge while others are more than willing to play even more passive.
aeroag14
AG
I live in Tucson and am surrounded by UofA basketball fans. Their team was SUPER hyped coming into this season. The general thought is that they were underrated in the preseason. I think many here thought/think this will be Sean Millers best team come seasons end.

I really haven't watched them too much this season, but I would venture to say that the season has been a minor let down in the early going. However, they are young and I suspect that they will steadily improve. Hopefully, since we have them early we can get a very quality win for our tournament resume.
ZonaAg92
AG
GE said:

LOL

But if Arizona ends up playing with seven scholarship players, then maybe
GE
AG
ZonaAg92 said:

GE said:

LOL

But if Arizona ends up playing with seven scholarship players, then maybe
We are going to dominate the paint. Dominate.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.