***Recruiting Thread***

213,596 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by deh40
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hope he becomes a Fightin' Texas A&M Tiger.
CDub06
AG
Maybe that's his Wildcat - AAAAAAAAA!
GE
AG
I wouldn't mind if we picked the guy up. He had some turnover issues but shot 35% from three as a true freshman with 64% of all shots being threes. Also an 82% FT shooter. Have him come and develop while sitting out a year and then he can play a key backup role as a redshirt sophomore when Gilder and company are juniors.

He also had a steal per game which helps make up for the 2.7 TOs per game.
phorizt
led UNC Asheville in scoring as a true freshman on a team that had 5 guys average in double figures.
Hop
Staff
AG
Still grinding for a 2016 guard...

wacarnolds
AG
some vid

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/611957?referrer_id=1156386

Method Man
Fifi FTW
mdanyc03
AG
quote:
Fifi FTW

You like him? I'm having a hard time getting a feel for what type of prospect we are talking about here. He is also 20 years old already.
Method Man
I like the name. Late signees don't seem to do a whole bunch.
Chuck Gay
AG
He is originally from Ghana. Moved to Finland when he was 5.
Method Man
Do you like his length, Chuck?
Chuck Gay
AG
Haha. I actually liked the big man on his team in the video. Looks like he has signed with Arizona.
phorizt
haha that's what I thought when I watched the video. Aidoo didn't impress me at all but I wanted to find out more on big man.

based on the stats I could find Aidoo doesn't seem like he's been terribly productive either.

poor man's Sidy Ndir
greg.w.h
AG
Is the idea he'd be a 1? Or a combo? He had some ok moves without the ball and his teammate had good recognition to get him the ball. He had a couple of plays where he positioned himself for a shot including a soft runner (or is that what we might call the Anthony Collins Special?) Couple of drives to the basket and one juke in front of the basket.

Did I miss anything noteworthy?
Method Man
Do y'all think that kid gives us more than a 6'8" bruiser from JUCO?
wacarnolds
AG
quote:
Do y'all think that kid gives us more than a 6'8" bruiser from JUCO?

Next year? Almost certainly not.
LawHall88
AG
One we didn't get:

quote:
Former Teaneck basketball standout Ceasar DeJesus announced Monday night that he has signed a National Letter of Intent to play for Central Florida.

DeJesus, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard, chose Central Florida over Iowa State, Robert Morris, Texas A&M and Xavier, and had offers from numerous other Division I programs.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/high-school-sports/boys-basketball/ex-teaneck-star-dejesus-central-florida-bound-1.1569553
GE
AG
Note on Vila

http://kiaenzona.com/mas-basket/euroliga/8-equipos-8-nombres-a-quien-seguir-en-el-adidas-next-generation-de-berlin-55484/

quote:
Su ltimo baile vestido de azulgrana?:
Hay que insistir en esto porque el jugador gerundense ha dado mucho en los seis aos que ha estado viviendo en La Masa. Ha sido el lder de una generacin nica e irrepetible en 'Can Bara' y es de los pocos jugadores en la historia del club que puede presumir de haber vestido la elstica azulgrana en todas las categoras. Fue el mejor en la final del Campeonato de Espaa, es uno de los mayores proyectos del panorama nacional, la NBA lleva aos siguindole de cerca e invitndole a campus y todo parece indicar que el siguiente curso seguir creciendo en la otra parte del Atlntico.
Hasta seis universidades se han interesados en hacerse con sus servicios. En los servicios de un sper clase, un alero algo liviano, alto, con buen dominio de baln y eficaz desde la larga distancia que por su entrega, garra y carcter es el prototipo de jugador que cualquier entrenador querra siempre a su disposicin. Berln va a juntar a varios de los jugadores ms prometedores de Europa y ah, entre ellos, estar un extra motivado Eric Vila, que esperar poner punto y final a la que para l ser una inolvidable temporada.

Translates to (Google translator)

Is your last dance dress Barca ?:

We must insist on this because the player gerundense has given much in the six years he has been living in La Masia. He has been the leader of a unique and unrepeatable generation 'Can Bara' and one of the few players in the history of the club that can boast of having worn the Barca elastic in all categories. It was the best in the finals of Spain, is one of the largest projects on the national scene, the NBA has spent years following close behind and inviting him to campus ... and it seems that the next course will continue to grow on the other side of the Atlantic.

Up to six universities are interested in acquiring his services. In the services of a super class, something light, tall, small forward with good ball control and effective from long distance for their dedication, claw and character is the prototype player any coach would always available. Berlin will bring together some of the most promising players in Europe and there, among them, will be a motivated Eric Vila, to wait to put an end to that it will be an unforgettable season bonus.

GE
AG
Vila is on his way to Berlin right now for some European tournament.

mdanyc03
AG
Very promising report
hoya-ag
hoya-ag
AG
Method Man
nm
GE
AG
I think we land Vila and Corprew and then shut it down. That would be a class that fully addresses our needs and with it a return trip to the tournament is all but assured
LawHall88
AG
Quade Green, class of 2016 PG from Philly:

quote:
With his strong play, college interest has picked up for Green. Arizona, Louisville, Kansas, Michigan, Baylor and Texas A&M are among the schools that have offered him after the April Evaluation period.

"It's going great," he said of recruiting. "I've picked up some new offers. It's going great."

To go with the offers since the spring, Green also holds offers from Michigan State, Maryland, Temple, Syracuse, Villanova, Missouri, Arizona State, UCLA, South Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Penn State, Miami, USC, Wake Forest, Xavier, Wichita State, Georgia Tech, Georgetown, Seton Hall, DePaul, St. John's and Providence.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1669108-4-star-pg-leads-eybl-in-assists-sees-cuse

Seems like a long shot, but why not try. He's another Lucas camp guy.
mdanyc03
AG
He's a 2017
mdanyc03
AG
Another strong showing from Eric Vila at the all Europe junior club championships. 17 points.

http://www.fcbarcelona.es/baloncesto/basquet-base/detalle/noticia/el-barca-lassa-junior-debuta-con-triunfo-en-el-next-generation-tournament
mdanyc03
AG
By the way, schedule says that Barcelona will play two more round robin games (Friday and Saturday) and then if they finish first in the four team group will play the championship game Sunday. At that point, I think he is done done for the year with Barcelona. And hopefully headed to College Station.
GE
AG
quote:
By the way, schedule says that Barcelona will play two more round robin games (Friday and Saturday) and then if they finish first in the four team group will play the championship game Sunday. At that point, I think he is done done for the year with Barcelona. And hopefully headed to College Station.
Still has the European games for Spain in July but hopefully he comes here and just flies back for that
mdanyc03
AG
For U20? Has the roster been announced? He is a year too old for u18.
GE
AG
quote:
For U20? Has the roster been announced? He is a year too old for u18.
Don't know, just read it somewhere.
mdanyc03
AG
Barcelona won again today against a team from Belgrade. One game from the final. Vila scored 8.
LawHall88
AG
Collin Sexton, class of 2017 PG:

quote:
Since his EYBL dominance, Sexton has picked up offers from Arizona, Kansas, LSU, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State and Arkansas, among others.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/collin-sexton-is-unranked-and-happens-to-be-the-most-dominant-player-in-the-eybl-nike-eybl-southern-stampede
Method Man
Thanks law
LawHall88
AG
2017 wing Jordan Goodman:

quote:
Coming into the spring Goodwin had offers from schools such as Illinois, Creighton, Northwestern, and Missouri. Since then a lot of other schools have come in and made their pitch.

"I got new offers from Texas, Texas A&M, Michigan State, TCU, Connecticut and a few others," said Goodwin.
http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1669931-goodwin-continues-strong-spring

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.