***Recruiting Thread***

213,605 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by deh40
Chuck Gay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congrats to the Kopp parents. Full rides to Vanderbilt and Northwestern for their two oldest boys in two different sports.
Ags #1
AG
So who do the ags have a chance with? Seems like almost all our targets are going elsewhere
Wearamaskaggie
AG
LeBlanc
Hop
Staff
AG
Reggie Chaney is still listed for a visit although he has rescheduled once already.
LawHall88
AG
CypressAg09
AG
We gonna get shut out during their early signing period? Hard to believe we can't attract a decent post with who we are losing and all the guards returning.
Pumpkinhead
AG
CypressAg09 said:

We gonna get shut out during their early signing period? Hard to believe we can't attract a decent post with who we are losing and all the guards returning.
Not sure A&M has ever not signed a single player in the early signing period. That might be a first if that is how things played out. Somebody who has followed hoops recruiting longer than I have can maybe answer.

Josh LeBlanc is taking his official visit to LSU this weekend and then says that will be it. He is planning to sign on November 12th, his birthday. He will be on commitment watch starting next week.

He would be a GREAT fit for what the Aggies need IMO. Could come in and get immediate playing time at the 4. The bad news...if LSU is still pushing hard for him then you are talking about a kid right there in Baton Rouge getting courted by the big dog school in Lousiana who is sitting right there and generally owns that state in recruiting..

As Hop said, Chaney is still out there, but seems like among those two, LeBlanc is the much better shot.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_556f3490-9f16-11e7-9313-83327ecaa979.html

Quote:

Leblanc said Thursday the visit to LSU will be his last after going to Arkansas, Georgetown and Texas A&M. He said he does not know when he'll commit, but plans to sign on his birthday, Nov. 12, which falls during the weeklong early signing period.

"It's still open, there's no decision," Leblanc said. "I want (the commitment) to be a surprise. So I haven't talked about it with anybody."
Pumpkinhead
AG
LeBlanc just cut Arkansas off his list despite his friend Embery going there. He is going to go to either LSU or A&M in my opinion, with LSU having home court advantage.

LawHall88
AG
Hop said:

Reggie Chaney is still listed for a visit although he has rescheduled once already.
A little update on Chaney:

Quote:

During the summer, Reggie Chaney proved himself as a legitimate Rivals150 big man and his recruitment certainly reflects that status.

An athletic frontcourt player with strength who rebounds and shows faceup ability off the dribble and as a spot-up shooter, Chaney is officially down to a final eight of Arkansas, Memphis, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, TCU, VCU and Wichita State.

However, only five will get visits as Chaney works his way to a decision. Arkansas has already gotten a trip and over the next month or so Chaney will see Texas A&M (9/29), Wichita State (10/13), TCU (10/21) and Oklahoma State (TBD).
Quote:

Texas A&M- "They have been telling me how they will utilize me as a player and that they think I could come in and play as a freshman. I like it, it's a Texas school and I'm from Texas. I'm interested to learn more about A&M."
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/rivals150-big-man-reggie-chaney-in-the-midst-of-visits
LawHall88
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
LawHall88 said:

He is doing an official visit to Michigan this weekend. Just finished an official visit to Penn State.

Maybe a kid that Coach Chew found a connection to from his time up there at Va Tech recruiting the East coast.

Quote:

Though Nunez's recruitment has progressed at a breakneck pace, he's still fairly certain of when he would like to have things figured out. Penn State, Boston College and VCU are the "main recruiters" in addition to Michigan. He'll have three official visits left after next week, but Nunez says he'll only take one more, at most. A decision should follow shortly.

"I'm probably going to make a decision," Nunez said, "by early-October, mid-October time range."

This seems roughly like a kid that if Michigan does offer him this weekend, that might be mostly that.
Hop
Staff
AG
Michigan got a commit from a highly regarded wing a couple of days ago. I wonder if that affects his recruitment. He hasn't been offered. Interesting to see if Michigan still wants him to come for a visit.

Kid has a really nice, efficient outside stroke but his athleticism is pretty average.
LawHall88
AG
Hop said:

Michigan got a commit from a highly regarded wing a couple of days ago. I wonder if that affects his recruitment. He hasn't been offered. Interesting to see if Michigan still wants him to come for a visit.

Kid has a really nice, efficient outside stroke but his athleticism is pretty average.

So Peyton Allen-ish?
LawHall88
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
Kid must be pretty smart - Ivy league schools are on him (Yale, Brown, & Dartmouth).
Method Man
St thomas more???
Chuck Gay
AG
Method Man said:

St thomas more???
My first thought was the one in Lafayette, LA. But Nunez is from the school in Brooklyn, NY.
LawHall88
AG
Another reason to stay away from Bassey:

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/colleges/amp/College-basketball-recruiting-scandal-raises-more-12235693.php
Hop
Staff
AG
Oh my....

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Josh-LeBlanc-at-Madison-Prep-Academy-151819/CurrentExpertPredictions
mallen
AG
Hop said:

Oh my....

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Josh-LeBlanc-at-Madison-Prep-Academy-151819/CurrentExpertPredictions

Looks like 1 prediction flipped from LSU to A&M last night. Hoping more will follow.
Hop
Staff
AG
When LSU got that 5-star post Naz Reid a few weeks ago, I had a feeling A&M's chances got a lot better with LeBlanc. When I've interviewed him, early playing time has always been his #1 criteria in choosing a school.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hop said:

When LSU got that 5-star post Naz Reid a few weeks ago, I had a feeling A&M's chances got a lot better with LeBlanc. When I've interviewed him, early playing time has always been his #1 criteria in choosing a school.

Would be a great fit to partially fill in the hole left by Robert Williams. He is only 6'7" which is his biggest downside, but has a 7 foot plus wingspan and very athletic and great motor from everything I read to make up somewhat for that. Put up great numbers against quality competition this summer and Top-3 recruit in Louisiana.

Consensus 4-star top-100 national recruit whom I see as of now as a poor man's Robert Williams. Not quite as tall or as freaky long as Robert, but potential to do some of same kind of things. Again, would be great kind of recruit to having coming in the pipeline given we know for sure that we are losing both Robert and Tonny at end of this season.

LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG

mdanyc03
AG
Chris Harris is close with Reggie Cheney
miller0926
AG
LawHall88 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Greg-Brown-46035701

This dude is a 5-star stud btw.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Watched Greg Brown play several months ago. Very impressive.
jml2621
mallen said:

Hop said:

Oh my....

Looks like 1 prediction flipped from LSU to A&M last night. Hoping more will follow.

Andrew Slater - he has good instincts.
jml2621
Feelin' the vibe now.
LawHall88
AG
Home of 2019 Top 100 PF Tyreek Smith:

LawHall88
AG
And the there were two:

Pumpkinhead
AG
LawHall88 said:

And the there were two:

Is this like Survivor where LeBlanc crosses off one contestant school per week?
I guess the final winner is coming next week then.

- A Crystal Ball pick changed from LSU to Georgetown yesterday. Andrew Slater's pick is still A&M. Which he very recently made on September 28th.
- Georgetown has a 3-star 6'8" PF commit for 2018. Texas A&M has no 2018 commits yet.
- LeBlanc is done with all official visits. He visited Georgetown on August 11th and then Texas A&M in mid September.
- College Station is a 5 hour drive from Baton Rouge. Georgetown University is a 16 hour drive.

Some comments about LeBlanc elsewhere out there.

The Hog analyst guy opining on this:

The Josh Leblanc thread on the Georgetown basketball message board:

Quote:

Think you could see this kid play everywhere from the 3 to the 5 in a small ball lineup.

Josh at the 5 might shock some but kid defended centers a lot during AAU season and more than held his own. He also had 45 blocks in 17 games on the circuit. Versatility is the key here, but the ability to defend 1-5, and the mismatches he would cause on offense is something I think the staff is very interested in..

Either way his versatility and ridiculous motor will find it's way into the lineup no matter who else is here. Ultimate glue guy...

Quote:

LSU insiders say his favorite visit was to A&M fwiw... They thought it was an A&M vs LSU battle before they were eliminated. They also mentioned something about his mom not being totally on board with LSU. This was a couple days before he cut LSU.

We'll know soon.
Hop
Staff
AG
Josh wants A&M...mom wants Georgetown. Personally, I think it will be A&M. I predicted him to A&M in the TexAgs basketball recruiting database.
LawHall88
AG

Pumpkinhead
AG
Guy who covers LSU sports for 247 just put in a crystal ball pick this morning for Josh Leblanc to commit to Texas A&M. And remember that LeBlanc lives in Baton Rouge and did his official visit to LSU about a week ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.