***Recruiting Thread***

214,689 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by deh40
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Most of his schools seem like teams with white dudes. Minus A&M
jickyjack1
Calls for an investigation.
LawHall88
AG
LonghornsNo1
I have told you guys I am an Aggie basketball fan (gulp) since Caldwell committed and now I am stuck for a while longer with Savion. Have seen a lot of Kennedy of late including this week with him following Kopp (with some interest in 6'8" bull Morris Udeze). And I have to say, I'm going to have a hard time ever disliking you guys again as long as BK is there. I genuinely want good people to succeed in this world and Kennedy is absolutely 100 percent good people. Here's to an SEC championship this year. I truly believe the Ags have the horses to get it done...
LonghornsNo1
By the way, don't know if it's been posted here but A&M has also offered Miller's little brother, 2019 6'5" SG Anderson Kopp. A former nationally ranked tennis player, Anderson is a fiercely competitive, absolute deadeye shooter. No question the best shooter in the family.

CactusThomas
AG
LonghornsNo1 said:

I have told you guys I am an Aggie basketball fan (gulp) since Caldwell committed and now I am stuck for a while longer with Savion. Have seen a lot of Kennedy of late including this week with him following Kopp (with some interest in 6'8" bull Morris Udeze). And I have to say, I'm going to have a hard time ever disliking you guys again as long as BK is there. I genuinely want good people to succeed in this world and Kennedy is absolutely 100 percent good people. Here's to an SEC championship this year. I truly believe the Ags have the horses to get it done...
mdanyc03
AG
The next Gordon Hayward.

(Gordon Hayward was an elite tennis player)
Gap
AG
I hope we land both of the Kopp brothers. Miller will be a senior at Houston Christian HS (a teammate of Sahvir Wheeler). Anderson will be a junior and will be attending a school in Utah this year. I believe that Anderson has only been playing basketball at this level for a year after deciding that he liked it better than tennis.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Miller Kopp looks like the kind of kid that a Wichita State or Butler would get and then kick everybody else's ass with. Would be a good pickup.
mdanyc03
AG
It seems to me at this point our target reasonable fall signing class is:

Nigel Hawkins
Miller Kopp
One of several big guys we are recruiting
Hop
Staff
AG
I'd add Soulemayne Doumbia and Reggie Chaney to that list.
LonghornsNo1
Gap said:

I hope we land both of the Kopp brothers. Miller will be a senior at Houston Christian HS (a teammate of Sahvir Wheeler). Anderson will be a junior and will be attending a school in Utah this year. I believe that Anderson has only been playing basketball at this level for a year after deciding that he liked it better than tennis.

True story. And had one of the better seasons of any of the kids in the Houston area. In addition, probably the most competitive kid I've ever been around.
deh40
AG
mdanyc03 said:

It seems to me at this point our target reasonable fall signing class is:

Nigel Hawkins
Miller Kopp
One of several big guys we are recruiting
Rankings wise that appears to be a disappointing class. Is that because of the talent already on the team or is there another reason this class quality dropped off?
mdanyc03
AG
Probably so but I'd expect those two I mentioned to rise in the rankings. I like Nigel Hawkins a lot. Admon 2.0.
Gap
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Miller Kopp looks like the kind of kid that a Wichita State or Butler would get and then kick everybody else's ass with. Would be a good pickup.
On queue, Miller Kopp with Wichita St.'s Gregg Marshall.

Jeff Patel
AG
Does anyone know if Billy Kennedy was at the Adidas Select Series Las Vegas Summer Classic this past week ?

I just got back from it and saw many of the big name coaches, but no Kennedy. I did see

Aggie Coach Amir Abdur Rahim ( I think it was him) on Wednesday morning at 9 AM and Thursday morning early

at the Cashman Center scouting the 16 Under's games. I could have easily missed Kennedy but would think

this tournament would be mandatory.
LonghornsNo1
He was at Kopp's games in Orlando Wed-Fri
Method Man
Don't come in here questioning the silent assassin Jeff
LonghornsNo1
http://usatodayhss.com/2017/aau-super-showcase-miller-kopp-went-from-afterthought-to-hot-prospect-in-one-year/amp
phorizt
The next Wally Szczerbiak
Pumpkinhead
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
I noticed that Kopp has an older brother already at Vanderbilt?
Serious Lee

miller0926
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

Jeez, it seems like this for every tourney he's in. When I went to watch him and all the other guys we've offered on Basketball University, I was sitting in the last row of a 3 row bleachers, and his dad and another black dude wearing a Stanford shirt were standing talking behind me the whole game. When he did a spin move in the lane and dunked and I started shaking my head saying "Damn, holy damn!" they died laughing. Then after the game, the Stanford dude left and his dad just sat next to me during the game in between the next BU game and starting talking about next year's A&M team and J.J. Caldwell... there wasn't a single coach in attendance or anything I don't think. And this was in Houston in June.
LonghornsNo1
miller0926 said:

Uncle Gunnysack said:

Jeez, it seems like this for every tourney he's in. When I went to watch him and all the other guys we've offered on Basketball University, I was sitting in the last row of a 3 row bleachers, and his dad and another black dude wearing a Stanford shirt were standing talking behind me the whole game. When he did a spin move in the lane and dunked and I started shaking my head saying "Damn, holy damn!" they died laughing. Then after the game, the Stanford dude left and his dad just sat next to me during the game in between the next BU game and starting talking about next year's A&M team and J.J. Caldwell... there wasn't a single coach in attendance or anything I don't think. And this was in Houston in June.

There are no live periods in June. So no coaches could be there.
miller0926
AG
ah duhhhh. Feel like an idiot
Serious Lee
just so we're clear miller, you are referencing quinton grimes right?
miller0926
AG
I am
Gap
AG
Miller Kopp added offers from Georgia Tech and Ole Miss today. The kid seems to add an offer every day.
jickyjack1
Gap said:

Miller Kopp added offers from Georgia Tech and Ole Miss today. The kid seems to add an offer every day.

I think there's some description of mob-associated syndrome that pertains to that type phenomina, but it's been so long since I surrendered my Psychology PhD. because of those trumped-up charges that I disremember, exactly.
Gap
AG
jickyjack1 said:

Gap said:

I think there's some description of mob-associated syndrome that pertains to that type phenomina, but it's been so long since I surrendered my Psychology PhD. because of those trumped-up charges I disremember, exactly.
That and the 10 inch improvement in his vertical leap in the past year and being one of the top couple of scorers nationally in the Under Armour AAU circuit.
Hop
Staff
AG
Gap said:

jickyjack1 said:

Gap said:

I think there's some description of mob-associated syndrome that pertains to that type phenomina, but it's been so long since I surrendered my Psychology PhD. because of those trumped-up charges I disremember, exactly.
That and the 10 inch improvement in his vertical leap in the past year and being one of the top couple of scorers nationally in the Under Armour AAU circuit.

He looks quicker and more athletic in recent summer videos than he did last year.
LonghornsNo1
Pumpkinhead said:

I noticed that Kopp has an older brother already at Vanderbilt?

Braiden is the oldest Kopp brother and is at Vandy on a football scholly. This after playing only one season (his sr year) of HS football. I don't think this will be a big factor in Miller's decision. This year, the three younger Kopps (the youngest will be a HS freshman) will all be attending different schools.
LawHall88
LawHall88
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.