***Recruiting Thread***

214,859 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by deh40
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder if BK would be silly enough to think Stansbury would steer a kid with no shot to go to WKU away from A&M.
GE
AG
quote:
I wonder if BK would be silly enough to think Stansbury would steer a kid with no shot to go to WKU away from A&M.
I doubt it. Don't think there is any bad blood there and don't think Stansbury would negatively recruit A&M unless he had to for a kid WKU actually had a chance with. Neither one of them are fools.
Clown Question
I agree. I don't think Stansbury would burn bridges in that situation. He may well be a candidate for the A&M job at some point in the future. Given BK's health, you never know.
Method Man
Steeple
looks like we may have great recruiting classes in the future.

meanwhile back at the ranch this year....
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:

quote:

TJ Starks(6'2/PG/2017) Lancaster

Starks a transfer who spent his first two seasons playing at DeSoto high school helps Lancaster compensate for the loss of Elijah Thomas and Antwon Portley two seniors from last year's state championship winning team. Starks the talented point guard led Lancaster to the championship game where things unraveled against the Atascocita Eagles in the fourth quarter after a highly competitive game. Starks is a must see prospect in the state of Texas.

From last October:

quote:
TJ Starks is a SG for Lancaster high school in Texas, he recently earned his first high-major offer.
On Tuesday evening, Coach Lon Kruger and the Oklahoma Sooners extended an offer out to the Junior.
"Oklahoma really loves me, they said I could (become) a big part of the program. All I know is Coach Kruger is running a (great) program, and I would feel comfortable playing under him," Starks said.
The Sooners are the first power five school to offer Starks. He also has an offer from Southern University as well. Those two are definitely not the only ones who are interested in TJ's services.
"I have been hearing a lot from Oklahoma State, Arizona State, Incarnate Word, Texas, Florida, and Louisiana Tech."
It looks like TJ better buckle his seatbelt and hold on tight because his recruitment looks like it might start to blow up after picking up an offer from Oklahoma. Starks told me a few schools are already trying to get him on campus for unofficial visits.
"Incarnate Word and Southern University are looking to get me out on campus for a visit. Hopefully I'll be able to get out there, and go visit other schools as well," Starks said.

greg.w.h
AG
quote:
I get that wku has a great basketball history and all but they have signed a grand total of 1 top 100 national recruits in the past decade. Basically Kobie Eubanks would be the highest rated recruit they have landed in at least 10 years.

So yes, a different level of recruiting.

I apologize for asking: is Eubanks a likely transfer to WKU or just an example of likely worst case of who might follow Stansbury? Because sitting out a season to ride pine again if he and Rick don't jibe seems unlikely v. playing his way into a p5 rotation. Both are somewhat risky but I can imagine Eubanks getting serious minutes in 2016-2017 with A&M especially if he grows his defense and handle. Less so if he just plans to shoot from behind the arc. That often turns into someone who is easy to defend.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'd be stunned if Eubanks transfers.
wacarnolds
AG
quote:
quote:
I get that wku has a great basketball history and all but they have signed a grand total of 1 top 100 national recruits in the past decade. Basically Kobie Eubanks would be the highest rated recruit they have landed in at least 10 years.

So yes, a different level of recruiting.

I apologize for asking: is Eubanks a likely transfer to WKU or just an example of likely worst case of who might follow Stansbury? Because sitting out a season to ride pine again if he and Rick don't jibe seems unlikely v. playing his way into a p5 rotation. Both are somewhat risky but I can imagine Eubanks getting serious minutes in 2016-2017 with A&M especially if he grows his defense and handle. Less so if he just plans to shoot from behind the arc. That often turns into someone who is easy to defend.
I don't there is any speculation that Eubanks is transferring. I believe the poster was just using him as a reference point on recruiting rankings and the type of recruits WKU has landed in the past.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Knock on wood, but as of now it seems very unlikely we will have an A&M basketball player transfer out of the program over the next 6 months. Now if one of them steps on a sea urchin or something like that, then all bets are off of course.
mdanyc03
AG
Simply stating that Eubanks was about the 90th ranked tecruit nationally. That is equal to the highest ranked recruit wku has signed in the past decade when I looked back through their recruiting classes
damoo80
I saw Eubanks, Hogg and Gilder all at Walmart a few days ago. Lol Gilder was trying to play with a hula hoop in the toy section!
Method Man
quote:
I agree. I don't think Stansbury would burn bridges in that situation. He may well be a candidate for the A&M job at some point in the future. Given BK's health, you never know.

I don't think he would either...
LawHall88
AG
Not a tweet, but more on Gillon:

quote:
Gillon, a 6-foot, 168-pounder who averaged 13.2 points and 3.8 assists a game this past season at Colorado State University, said he's fielded dozens of calls over the past few days and already had "20-something offers," all from schools in Power 5 conferences.

He was just getting off the phone with new Texas Tech coach Chris Beard, he said, when Kruger called. He's also spoken extensively to Texas A&M, which had been one of his top two choices coming out of high school Strake Jesuit High School in Houston, where he was the District 19 5A player of the year as a senior.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/mens-basketball/2016/04/26/two-final-four-teams-pursuing-csu-transfer-john-gillon/83507386/
GE
AG
This Gillon information gives me hope. Guy who we've apparently talked to significantly before but I've never even heard the name until just now.
LawHall88
AG
quote:
Pat Lawless @PatLawless_ 44m44 minutes ago

Quade Green, a class of 2017 PG playing for the PSA Cardinals (NY), just picked up an offer from Texas A&M.

Another John Lucas camp guy. Maligi spreading the love.
GE
AG
I'll just leave this here. Granted it's old, but still informing.

https://twitter.com/applaudthe_plug

wacarnolds
AG
quote:

Why are tweets from 4 years ago informing?
GE
AG
quote:
quote:

Shows where the kids head was at 4 years ago. Hopefully for his sake it's in a different place now.
Chuck Gay
AG
So that would be tweets from an 8th grader?
Method Man
https://twitter.com/Will_R_Mckay/status/724992265102331904/photos
Chuck Gay
AG
All of this seems a little strange. It doesn't seem like we really pushed for Stephenson after his visit. Of course, that leaves me wondering who we have targeted and are pushing for.
wacarnolds
AG
quote:
Shows where the kids head was at 4 years ago. Hopefully for his sake it's in a different place now.

Ha ok
mikesyracuse1
quote:
I saw Eubanks, Hogg and Gilder all at Walmart a few days ago. Lol Gilder was trying to play with a hula hoop in the toy section!
Still young :-) Good for Gilder

mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead
AG
Chris Beard recruited Deshawn Corprew to Arkansas Little Rock and Corprew was retweeting stuff about Beard after he took the Tech job, but now Beard grabbed Stevenson instead. Does seem more and more like Corprew is one of those guys who just didn't get enough done in the classroom.

Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
quote:
Still young :-) Good for Gilder

mikesyracuse1
I still do stuff like that and am in my mid-forties!
Method Man
quote:
Chris Beard recruited Deshawn Corprew to Arkansas Little Rock and Corprew was retweeting stuff about Beard after he took the Tech job, but now Beard grabbed Stevenson instead. Does seem more and more like Corprew is one of those guys who just didn't get enough done in the classroom.

Why didn't we get Stevenson?
wacarnolds
AG
quote:
pulled his offer
middle school tweets
roster is too deep

feel free to choose from any of the above
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
quote:

What are you asking me for? You seem to have better connections than I do.
gphid97
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Right, because a 14 year old tweeting inappropriate song lyrics is a great predictor of character. Reason #634 why olds need to stay off Twitter, sheesh...

And I always love when we have to find fault with any recruit who does not come to A&M for whatever reason. To put it mildly, it's just weak.
LawHall88
AG
quote:
Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN 1m1 minute ago

Lipscomb grad transfer J.C. Hampton (15.9 ppg) told ESPN he is considering Texas A&M, Alabama, Ole Miss, Ga Tech, & ECU. No visits set yet.
Another PG option.
Method Man
Thanks Lawhall. It's good to add info.
agfan1030
[url=https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN][/url]nm...already posted

gphid97
AG
He's from Metro Atlanta, so if Georgia Tech or Alabama want him he will probably end up at one of those spots.
GE
AG
Is there any website at all that accurately and timely keeps track of uncommitted prospects and what schools they are looking at? I haven't come across one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.