***Recruiting Thread***

214,611 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by deh40
GE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jml2621 said:

mdanyc03 said:

The is savion Flagg at the game yesterday with Cedric alley of Klein forest.

Flagg's fierce inside-outside game is impressive.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/LOOK-AM-signee-Flagg-with-incredible-between-the-legs-dunk-50447321

Yeah, major PT if he can learn the defensive scheme.

IF we had RW and Flagg together (oh, to dream) we become "alarmingly athletic."

Dare to dream my friend, because it's happening.
mdanyc03
AG
Method Man
Love your work lately m.
mdanyc03
AG
Method Man said:

Love your work lately m.

Thanks, I am flattered...
mdanyc03
AG
I think q grimes is going to be an Ag. He's an adidas guy (and Kansas is main competition), close with jj, savion, sahvir.

This needs to be our guy in 2018
Method Man
Method Man
mdanyc03 said:

I think q grimes is going to be an Ag. He's an adidas guy (and Kansas is main competition), close with jj, savion, sahvir.

This needs to be our guy in 2018

Someone who isn't an Ag randomly texted me "Quentin grimes" with a a thumbs up icon a few months back. Not sure what it meant but it didnt seem random.
mdanyc03
AG
Calipari showed up at his school and offered Quentin grimes today.
GE
AG
mdanyc03 said:

**** Calipari
jml2621
GE said:

jml2621 said:

mdanyc03 said:

The is savion Flagg at the game yesterday with Cedric alley of Klein forest.

Flagg's fierce inside-outside game is impressive.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/LOOK-AM-signee-Flagg-with-incredible-between-the-legs-dunk-50447321

Yeah, major PT if he can learn the defensive scheme.

IF we had RW and Flagg together (oh, to dream) we become "alarmingly athletic."

Dare to dream my friend, because it's happening.
jml2621
GE said:

mdanyc03 said:

**** Calipari

He has more assists than the # of teeth in Kentucky.

Kansas is still leading...but don't give up.
GE
AG
Is Grimes a one and done? True PG? Gilder will be a senior and Caldwell will be a sophomore when Grimes is a fish.
Method Man
I'm not sure he's a one and done. His dad is very involved (in a good way), though, so not sure there is a handler pushing for him to go pro before he's ready.
Hop
Staff
AG
Method Man said:

I'm not sure he's a one and done. His dad is very involved (in a good way), though, so not sure there is a handler pushing for him to go pro before he's ready.
Mom is very protective and seems to be the dominant parent from what I could tell when I met them last fall. Grimes is very good friends with Sahvir Wheeler.
GE
AG
Hop said:

Method Man said:

Mom is very protective and seems to be the dominant parent from what I could tell when I met them last fall. Grimes is very good friends with Sahvir Wheeler.
From what you've seen is he that good that he would still get a lot of playing time on a team with Gilder as a senior and JJ Caldwell as a RS Jr?
Hop
Staff
AG
Yes....excellent PG skills in a 6-4 body that can play 1,2,3 w versatile set of skills.

He's a Top 25 type of kid that blue bloods want.
GE
AG
Between what's already on campus and Starks, Chandler, and Flagg, we should have a very solid starting 1-3 at least through the 2019/2020 season.

What about front court though?

Trocha and Williams gone after this season with an outside chance that Davis is able to and decides to leave early. We'll have Jasey and hopefully either Flagg or Vila will be able to work some at the four by then. Potentially will have Nebo to play some post starting in 2018. Is there anybody of the caliber of Davis, Williams, or even Trocha in the works to fill that gap?
Hop
Staff
AG
GE said:

Between what's already on campus and Starks, Chandler, and Flagg, we should have a very solid starting 1-3 at least through the 2019/2020 season.

Trocha and Williams gone after this season with an outside chance that Davis is able to and decides to leave early. We'll have Jasey and hopefully either Flagg or Vila will be able to work some at the four by then. Potentially will have Nebo to play some post starting in 2018. Is there anybody of the caliber of Davis, Williams, or even Trocha in the works to fill that gap?

Flagg isn't a post guy. I know he can do it in a bind or if he's mismatched with a shorter player and he wants to go down low, but I would not count him as a post in my roster count.

I think they will need a couple of big men in the 2018 class...good thing Williams and Trocha stayed or it would have been a dicey situation next year.
GE
AG
Hop said:

GE said:

Flagg isn't a post guy. I know he can do it in a bind or if he's mismatched with a shorter player and he wants to go down low, but I would not count him as a post in my roster count.

I think they will need a couple of big men in the 2018 class...good thing Williams and Trocha stayed or it would have been a dicey situation next year.
I agree for the most part. Was just thinking we could run a four guard/small forward set on offense and he would have the physicality to either man up on the other team's 4 on defense or to play at one of the bottom corners of a zone.

Any good bigs that you know of in the 2018 class that we are targeting? Looking at the other sites list of people with offers I don't see any highly rated guys we have offered that are likely to get.
mdanyc03
AG
There really aren't any high end true post players in the state of Texas for 2018 that we have a chance at, as far as I know.

That is was Josh Nebo is a Godsend, in my opinion.

But really in college basketball having two quality starting bigs that can play with their back to their basket is a luxury. I think we should be perfectly comfortable with a guy like Flagg playing the four, even if he is on the perimeter most of the time. He is 6'8 and thick and big enough to guard another four. I would rather give minutes to a guy like that than a stiff who happens to be an inch or two taller.

There are plenty of talented 6'7 wings out there.

GE
AG
mdanyc03 said:

There really aren't any high end true post players in the state of Texas for 2018 that we have a chance at, as far as I know.

That is was Josh Nebo is a Godsend, in my opinion.

But really in college basketball having two quality starting bigs that can play with their back to their basket is a luxury. I think we should be perfectly comfortable with a guy like Flagg playing the four, even if he is on the perimeter most of the time. He is 6'8 and thick and big enough to guard another four. I would rather give minutes to a guy like that than a stiff who happens to be an inch or two taller.

There are plenty of talented 6'7 wings out there.
I agree. Jalen was 6'8" and Tavario might not even be that tall.

Would love to see the news that Nebo is a done deal.

Many people probably disagree but I think Vila staying until he graduates would be huge for this program because of his high ceiling and his versatility.

Here is how I see it:

2017/2018:
Davis, WIlliams, Trocha, Jasey, and Hogg/Flagg when we go small ball - we all good.

2018/2019:
Davis, Jasey, Nebo?, Hogg?, Vila?, Flagg? - some unanswered questions

2019/2020:
Jasey, Nebo? Vila? Flagg? - MUST add at least two solid post players before this time

2020/2021:
Jasey, Flagg? - too far in the future to project obviously but the coaches better be working on recruiting some guys to build depth here.
Pumpkinhead
AG
1) Caldwell
2) Gilder
3) Starks
4) Chandler
5) Davis
6) Hogg
7) Trocha
8) Williams
9) Jasey
10) Flagg
11) Wilson
12) Nebo
13) Eubanks
14) Vila

We got 14 guys taking 13 scholarship spots.

Somebody has to go. Assuming Trocha is staying then presumably that means either Eubanks or Vila is not going to be around.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Nebo not a done deal yet but my money would be on Eubanks transferring. Surprised it hasn't happened yet.
hoya-ag
AG
Method Man
Basketball University? Sounds like an awesome school.

"What're you taking this semester?"

"Oh, I'm taking stepbacks, crossovers and FTs."

StanGundy
Basketball University is the name of his AAU team, not his HS team. Can't fathom that someone who knows everything about everything wouldn't already know that.
mdanyc03
AG
Basketball U is also with Quentin Grimes and importantly they are Adidas affiliated which gives us an advantage over all of the other in state schools (and the national schools bar Kansas and Louisville).
Method Man
StanGundy said:

Basketball University is the name of his AAU team, not his HS team. Can't fathom that someone who knows everything about everything wouldn't already know that.

It was a joke. Good gracious.
Method Man
Lame joke, though. Was close to typing "goodbye to basketball university" and that is because I am a dad and ten lame puns jump into my head every minute.
OasisMan
AG
GE said:

Hop said:

Method Man said:

From what you've seen is he that good that he would still get a lot of playing time on a team with Gilder as a senior and JJ Caldwell as a RS Jr?
he is ridiculously good -- highlights
GE
AG
OasisMan said:

GE said:

Hop said:

Method Man said:

he is ridiculously good

Video not working. I assume this is because the link ends in f a g.

Edit: Alright, I watched the video. Sold. Dude looks like he could play point guard, shooting guard, or small forward with ease.
Hop
Staff
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Basketball U is also with Quentin Grimes and importantly they are Adidas affiliated which gives us an advantage over all of the other in state schools (and the national schools bar Kansas and Louisville).
Sahvir Wheeler is a Basketball University guy. Definitely the staff is working its way into this AAU organization.
jja79
AG
If we get a bunch more good guys and make the Sweet 16 there will be some unhappy people on this board.
Chuck Gay
AG
Big man Souleymane Doumbia...I am seeing him listed as class of '18 in some place and '19 in others. Does anyone know which class he is in?

Hop
Staff
AG
To show how far he's come, here's a video from two years ago at the Ivory Coast.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.