***Recruiting Thread***

214,930 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by deh40
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No big news yet?!? I can accept 17-year old recruits or someone like Method Man trolling me with a vague yet intriguing tweet, but there is no excuse for a mature individual like Malagi to pull that trick.
Method Man
Mikeyshooter
AG
Good news!
Know Your Enemy
AG
suburban cowboy
AG
IMO, along with the existing class, Savion is the missing piece of the puzzle to the deep NCAA tournament run we all want.
notjakefromstatefarm
AG
This is a big get for us. I'm excited for some Aggie basketball!

Besides Bailey are there any other prospects that could possibly sign with the Ags?
Method Man
quote:
This is a big get for us. I'm excited for some Aggie basketball!

Besides Bailey are there any other prospects that could possibly sign with the Ags?

Yes
citizenkane06
Method Man
GE
AG
quote:

2020? What is he, 14 years old?
LawHall88
AG
quote:
Jeff Goodman Verified account
@GoodmanESPN
Multiple coaches telling me recently that they are bowing out of recruitments when Rick Stansbury gets involved.

GE
AG
quote:
quote:
@GoodmanESPN
Multiple coaches telling me recently that they are bowing out of recruitments when Rick Stansbury gets involved.

Is the implication that he's dirty or just that good?
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
@GoodmanESPN

Rick Stansbury just added ESPN #72 player Josh Anderson to the Western Kentucky recruiting class to go along with Mitchell Robinson. He is pulling in by far the best class in Western Kentucky recruiting history. I don't think Goodman's tweet was necessarily meant to imply dirty.

One thing that may be interesting to watch next Spring is, with Stansbury recruiting so lights out following his successful run with Kennedy at A&M (not to mention a solid resume back at Miss State), if some SEC jobs like Mizzou or LSU open up at the end of this season and Rick is on their short list, whether he'd bolt from Western Kentucky after just one season before ever coaching that 2017 haul.
GE
AG
If they're paying enough, why the hell not? Probably take yhose players with him.
LawHall88
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
@GoodmanESPN

Certainly vague on that issue. Don't know if that is intentional or just sloppy.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
If they're paying enough, why the hell not? Probably take yhose players with him.
If I'm a Western Kentucky basketball fan, I'm both super excited but also maybe have a little bit of 'stepping stone' anxiety about whether I will truly see Stansbury plus his entire 2017 recruiting class at WKU in 2017-2018.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
@GoodmanESPN

Certainly vague on that issue. Don't know if that is intentional or just sloppy.
Ben Howland didn't 'bow out' of recruiting Malik Newman despite Stansbury's involvement.

Those multiple coaches that Goodman spoke to sound like wusses.
Method Man
GE
AG
quote:

Would he be the first Asian starter in the history of A&M basketball? Wouldn't be a bad thing to get some more diversity on the team.
Method Man
Shouldn't be a factor. I do like the possibilities of having a player named "Wang", though, for my awful puns.
mallen
AG

quote:
Would he be the first Asian starter in the history of A&M basketball? Wouldn't be a bad thing to get some more diversity on the team.
Well, considering there are not many Asian players in DI basketball, much less 6'9'' forwards, I would think that would probably be true. However, I recall that Jimmy Smith out of Victoria played for the Ags a season or two under Barone and I think one of his parents is Asian. Smith was named Mr Texas Basketball his Senior year in High School.

Smith is currently a VP for FC Dallas Soccer.

Method Man
Good for him. He was surprisingly average in pickup games at the REC.
JDindallas
AG
Ashton Hagans 2019 PG

Hop
Staff
AG
quote:

quote:
Well, considering there are not many Asian players in DI basketball, much less 6'9'' forwards, I would think that would probably be true. However, I recall that Jimmy Smith out of Victoria played for the Ags a season or two under Barone and I think one of his parents is Asian. Smith was named Mr Texas Basketball his Senior year in High School.

Smith is currently a VP for FC Dallas Soccer.

Is it me or does he have a little Jim Carrey look about him in the mouth?
GE
AG
Hair and ears but not much else
mdanyc03
AG
Method Man
Good info!
phorizt
Is Brandon Rachal visiting this weekend?
dockrrydrew
AG
rumor has it that he is.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Rachal tweeted that he will announce on Oct. 12 his commit decision.
GE
AG
2017 commit TJ Starks is taking his official this weekend.
Hop
Staff
AG
Quentin Grimes will be here as well. I'm efforting a video interview w Quentin for those premium subscribers.
Method Man
LawHall88
AG
Quote:

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels 11m11 minutes ago
Huge visit weekend for Texas A&M

TJ Starks
Isaih Jasey
Brandan Rachel
Taeshon Cherry
Quentin Grimes
Will Baker
Sahvir Wheeler
Method Man
Better blast the Elton John!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.