***Recruiting Thread***

213,575 Views | 1102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by deh40
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

I don't really understand an offer right now to a 5'11" 2017 point guard prospect in North Andover, Massachusetts. It does look like his stock is blowing up a bit and he is now getting offers from several high majors, but now I'm with you Method Man in how many point guards do you need on a single team?
LawHall88
AG
Bede may be a late bloomer:

quote:
On his 18th birthday, three-star point guard Wabissa Bede celebrated in style. With pros such as James Harden, Derrick Rose, Brandon Ingram and Harrison Barnes sitting courtside, the currently unranked point guard made a major case for the next 2017 Rivals150 and showed why he's been receiving a barrage of high-major offers.

The heart and soul of what is probably the best team on the Adidas Circuit, the Mass Rivals, Bede's toughness, shot making and playmaking were all on display as they dismissed the Compton Magic 83-55.

On the night Bede finished with 25 points, five rebounds and three assists. His newest offers are from Virginia Tech, Seton Hall, Minnesota, Nebraska and Dayton. They join LaSalle, UMass, VCU, Butler, Temple, Providence, Boston College and Rhode Island among others who had previously offered.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/vegas-wednesday-birthday-bede

Whether PG is our most glaring need in 2017 is another question.

Hop
Staff
AG
You have to keep irons in the fire just in case. What if Starks starts looking around or Caldwell doesn't make it in?
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
What if Starks starts looking around or Caldwell doesn't make it in?

Unless there has been coaching change, decommits by basketball recruits have seemed pretty rare. I would think the possibility of Starks 'looking around' would be of very small concern (if any) at this point unless there is something unusual going on.

Method Man
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:

Another 2017 PG!

Pumpkinhead
AG
Two more PG recruits that we just offered. Heard was to address some concerns at the position that Caldwell, Starks, Smith, Gilder, etc. may all use up their eligibility before the 2028-2029 season.

Method Man
Thanks for wasting our time PH
Method Man
Method Man
Method Man
LawHall88
AG
With regards to the transfer from Buffalo that ended up at WKU - tampering by who?

quote:
The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers compete in Conference USA which is usually on par with the MAC. This spring Rick Stansbury, an assistant at Texas A&M was hired on to take over the Hilltoppers. This is of note because Texas A&M was among the schools of interest and there were unsubstantiated whispering that tampering was suspected. Though those tweets have since been deleted.

http://www.ubbullrun.com/buffalo-basketball/2016/8/2/12360770/buffalo-bulls-lamonte-bearden-will-land-in-western-kentucky-wku
Method Man
Method Man
mdanyc03
AG
Big news
Method Man
We do well with Officials
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:

Kennedy loves scheduling officials around Football games.
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
This one will be an uphill battle. This kid's dad is an assistant coach at Mississippi State and he coached under Stansbury. He lives in Auburn, Alabama with his mom.
Method Man
Ugh
CEAg78
AG
quote:
quote:
This one will be an uphill battle. This kid's dad is an assistant coach at Mississippi State and he coached under Stansbury. He lives in Auburn, Alabama with his mom.
Hey, too many pulls at home. Break away to A&M!
LawHall88
AG
quote:
Let's get one thing crystal clear before the process goes any further: Garrison Brooks does not have a list of top schools.

There's no top six, no top three, no top anything.
Not now, not ever.

"I won't do that," the Auburn High four-star recruit told the Opelika-Auburn News last week. "I'll just let the schools recruit me."

Is Brooks leaning in any direction, even slightly? In his mind, has he established any preferred landing spots between the 20 schools that have offered him scholarships?

"Not at all."

http://www.oanow.com/sports/recruiting/garrison-brooks-confirms-he-has-not-released-a-short-list/article_1a3117f4-5ab1-11e6-b986-e30feb38f2a7.html
phorizt
sounds like a typical basketball recruit. They all have uncles coaching here or there, godfathers who were college teammates of 4 different coaches, AAU coaches looking to snag a college gig, buddies being recruited by 17 other major colleges, received scholarship offers in the 3rd grade from certain schools and live within 2 hours of 1-2 other major programs.
hoya-ag
AG
ZooGuy
AG
quote:

LonghornsNo1
quote:
Savion's number 1 on the list of guys I want us to land in this class.

My bet is you are going to be very happy then in the next month or so...
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
quote:

My bet is you are going to be very happy then in the next month or so...
TJ Starks (PG) + Savion Flagg (SF) + Isiah Jasey (PF/C) would be a very solid 2017 recruiting class.

Bonus: Victor Bailey Jr.

Flagg's Final Eight recently announced:

quote:
Class of 2017 four-star small forward Savion Flagg (Alvin, TX/Alvin HS) announced a final eight schools consisting of Northwestern, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M, Florida, Miami, LSU, and N.C. State.
suburban cowboy
AG
quote:

I am good friends with Savion's father -- let's just say things are looking excellent!!
ZooGuy
AG
quote:
quote:

I am good friends with Savion's father -- let's just say things are looking excellent!!
LonghornsNo1
quote:
quote:

I would be very surprised if he does not end up an Aggie. And an FYI, he is a very high academic kid as well.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
quote:

Thanks for the sports boner.
Method Man
phorizt
Oh now y'all went and got me all excited
Wearamaskaggie
AG
What did the tweet say?
Hop
Staff
AG
I think the staff will take five in this class. It sounds like Trocha is likely leaving after this season, so they likely need two bigs...Kevin Samuel is an option.

Starks, Jasey, Flagg, Bailey, Samuel...I'd take that all day long.
Wearamaskaggie
AG
How is it looking to close on all 5?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.