Maybe, just maybe

4,790 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Hop
txjortsagent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cyp loves this university. Loves this town. Loves his boss.

Maybe. He'll turn down offers for other opportunities.

It is possible that we're attractive enough to him and that he loves Billy and that he won't take calls.

Just maybe.
SECAg03
Cyp is my boy. He loves this town, loves A&M.
agfan1030
Hope your maybe is right. We have too many players who are here partly because of Cyp. Think it would really hurt what appears to be progress in our recruiting.
Bunk Moreland
after Acie hit the shot and we rushed the court, and the ESPN production staff was shoving me out of the way for grabbing hold of the Lone Star Showdown trophy, BCG started jumping up and down with us going crazy and I said "You better not ever ****ing leave us!" and he said "I'm not going anywhere!"

I loved BCG back then, and at that point I believed he saw the lightning in a bottle he had with A&M, Acie, the team, and the timing of it all, and that he truly would take the big bucks to stay and become a legend instead of using it as a launching pad.

Obviously Byrne never liked him, and this situation with Cyp is much different, but the crux of it remains the same for me. Don't fall in love with any coach at A&M too much, because only 1% of all the coaches actually fall in love back.

Wish my post didn't sound so cynical, and I actually don't think Cyp is gonna leave, but let's not blind ourselves from the reality of these situations. Cyp has always been a coach on the move, but I hope he sticks it out here.
txjortsagent
AG
He hasn't been a coach "on the move."

He loves this university. Appreciate his ass.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
He hasn't been a coach "on the move."

I agree with you he loves A&M and I hope he stays, but this statement is inaccurate. A&M is his 5th location in the last 7 years.
txjortsagent
AG
Believe what you want
viva torrente
Well Cyprien has been a coach on the move. The facts back that up.

Now that doesn't mean he doesn't like it here or want stay to see it through with BK.

I think he stays until BK is either fired or has established a consistent winning program. He may even stay on for all of BK's tenure one way or another.

Cyprien can find a job anytime he wants.

He is a noted recruiter without the hint of scandal that follows others with his rep.

BK is going into a do or die year in terms of results and Cyprien can help him in terms of recruiting perception if nothing else.
THE LOVER
I hope he stays. But when you see worse programs adding better talent with ease I couldn't blame Cyp for leaving. Something is wrong and nobody wants to address it. The frustration has to be getting to Cyp. You work and work and work and keep having to go to plan C after the first few options don't work out.
THE LOVER
Cyp isn't a coach always on the move? Have you looked at his resume? Cyp is the classic hired gun. I love the guy and want him to stay but facts are facts.
Method Man
I didn't mean to treat you bad, but I did it anyway.
Pumpkinhead
AG
According to Logan, Cyprien has been approached with multiple HC job offers as well as assistant coaching offers since coming here. So far, he hasn't bit on one of them.

Remember that Cyp has an Associate Head Coach position here and is paid very well. The Associate Head Coach title and good salary was part of Kennedy's play to pry him from Memphis. An LSU assistant coaching position would be a lateral move (and maybe not even that unless they really go big with an offer).

He is clearly wanted by other staffs around the country. It should be considered a good sign when other programs are
trying to poach your coaches.

[This message has been edited by Pumpkinhead (edited 5/16/2013 10:58a).]
Method Man
Did he lis any?
monkeyaround
If you think any coach, especially an assistant, stays somewhere just because he loves it, you are extremely naive. Coaches are hired guns, nothing more, nothing less.

TXAGBQ76
AG
I never heard Byrne ever say he did not like him; he did not like his always floating his resume, negotiating a deal he held the University to but would not commit himself to (i.e. he never signed it)

I did not like that either
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
If you think any coach, especially an assistant, stays somewhere just because he loves it, you are extremely naive. Coaches are hired guns, nothing more, nothing less.

We are all hired guns in all career fields.
Method Man
quote:
quote:

We are all hired guns in all career fields.
where's my parade???
West Texan
AG
quote:
I didn't mean to treat you bad, but I did it anyway.

Candlebox?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Just an FYI that several posters on Premium who know Cyp personally have all confirmed that he is not leaving the A&M staff.
agfan1030
THE LOVER
Bunk Moreland
DeangeloVickers
AG
Why would Aggies know what he is going to do? I highly doubt Cyp is going anywhere as he would be too expensive, but wasn't texags where a golfing buddy of BCG guaranteed he wasn't going to Kentucky....BCG told him
Rx2001
AG
you might... challenge... me?
txjortsagent
AG
bcg is not the same as cyp. two totally different folks with only basketball in common. i don't think it's fair to assume that cyp is lying just because bcg did.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Ehh they are coaches not pastors.

Again, I would be floored if he left, but I'd listen to Tiger fans and not Aggie fans if he was leaving.
Method Man
Why is BCG such a sore spot?

Everyone leaves for better jobs when presented.
KBK60
Cyp is a pro. He, like 99% of us, works for money. How many of yall stayed in CS after you graduated?
THE LOVER
Anybody want to fight the lover?
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
Ehh they are coaches not pastors.

Again, I would be floored if he left, but I'd listen to Tiger fans and not Aggie fans if he was leaving.

Why the bashing of the Ag posters (and staff such as Logan) who are known friends of Cyprien and are saying he isn't taking the LSU job?

Just take it for what it is...information. Information that along with other things gives a very strong indication that he isn't taking the job.

THE LOVER
Because many on here don't know what to do if their not completely unhappy and want the worst.

It's good he is staying and I'm happy.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I really hope we surprise everyone and have a great season next year. I want this staff to succeed and be here for a long time. Until they prove me wrong, I choose to believe that we are going dancing in 2014.
THE LOVER
I'd love this to work out as well.
DeangeloVickers
AG
how is what I said bashing?

-Someone said he is a candidate for LSU on twitter
-Ags said he isn't going anywhere
-I just stated Ags won't know if he's leaving -Coaches are hired guns- Other coaches have said they are not leaving and then left
-Look no further than Wallerstedt
Nothing more. Not bashing.

[This message has been edited by Ryno01 (edited 5/17/2013 5:54p).]
Method Man
THE LOVER said:

Anybody want to fight the lover?

I miss the lover. Great poster.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.