Is Texas overrated?

12,611 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Tshirt Ag
Agsttt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If I were pumpkin, I'd lay low for a few days (or until maybe April or so).
FWHORN
Texas, Kansas, and A&M are all legit top 15 teams and maybe all three are legit top ten. Certainly KU is legit top 5 and the other two are knocking on the door. Stop with the whole overrated crap. It makes your losses better and your wins bigger to have a conference this good. Why is that so hard to get?
8T2
FW, it isn't a hard concept for the intelligent posters. In a strong conference, every game is tough, we get national TV several times a week, and plent o' pub. But, some of these guys have little man syndrome. They'd rather win big in a crappy conference than be competitive in a great one. Pay them no mind.

Congrats on a huge win today.
Timberwolf
AG
It is amusing for any jack wagon of any school affiliation to claim the outcome of a game too early.

Usually results in a kick to the nuts. They will learn.

[This message has been edited by Kawasaggie (edited 1/22/2011 6:17p).]
mazag08
AG
Texas got a lot of ref help again.

It sure is easier to win when you are allowed to play aggressive and the other team isn't.
Goodfield Nohit
Texas was down 18-3, didn't quit, and completely whipped Kansas in the second half.

If you think the refs had anything to do with that, you win the Whiner of the Day award.

Jeez, get a dose of reality.
mazag08
AG
Texas played phenomenal in the second half.

But just like on Wednesday, it is much easier to play great when you can play loose while the other team is busy getting 7 fouls in one minute.
PatronSaint
quote:

It sure is easier to win when you are allowed to play aggressive and the other team isn't.

Yeah, the Phog is notorious for giving away teams all the calls.
Burnt_Orange2010
quote:

This is getting comical.
8T2
Or embarrassing.
Danny Vermin
Come on man. You said the exact same crap after our game with them. At least use a sock for this sort of whining.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
If I were pumpkin, I'd lay low for a few days (or until maybe April or so).

Hi there! Wow! Texas came back in the 2nd half! Wasn't in hiding...watched the KSU game and then the first half of the Texas game, and then my wife came in with the newest addition to our family in her arms and gave me the look...well, I'm sure some of you know that look...and so it was time to turn off the T.V. for awhile

Anyways, was in a good mood right after we beat KSU, and some 'trollish' mischief came out of me in this post to make a little fun a at some of the cliff-jumping posts last week.

And wow again! Very impressive comeback by Texas. Congrats to them. Definitely NOT overrated Let's see if our boys can get them at Reed.

And congrats to our team as well; hope they enjoy having a full week off. Nebraska will be a tough game.
The Lost
quote:
Texas, Kansas, and A&M are all legit top 15 teams and maybe all three are legit top ten.

dont forget mizzou is pretty damn good too
grl38
AG
i hate to say this but the sips may have the best team in the big 12.
Jackass2004
AG
It's basketball folks. Remember they lost 3 times as well.
fahraint
good point...they put their pants on one leg at a time also, dont forget that either
W
AG
interesting to think about the tournament implications to the other Big 12 teams if the horns continue to dominate. Specifically OSU (2-3), Baylor (3-2), and Kansas State (1-4).

If none of those three can upset the horns (in their combined 5 games left against them), their conference W-L records could have them on the wrong side of the bubble.
AkersN
Texas, Kansas, A&M, and Mizzou are all quality teams. No one is overrated.

Texas and A&M are playing such terrific defense, it just is stifling opponents. Texas has more on offense right now. Kansas is the most talented team.

If you cant see why Texas is getting some of the calls they are than you probably shouldnt be watching college basketball.

quote:
It's basketball folks. Remember they lost 3 times as well.

Texas played a very tough non-conference schedule and it is paying off for them. If you still choose to judge them by the USC game (first true road game of the season) feel free, but IMO they simply didnt show up that night. Their other two losses on the season are by a combined 2 pts, both to top 10 teams and games they should have won.

Texas is for real, there is no need to downplay it.
deceptivespeed14
AG
yeah i'd say texas is maybe underrated
TheBirdsandBeedrills
KU has depth, but apart from selby, their starters were all less athletic than Texas's.
CGSC Lobotomy
I'd say their proper ranking is about 7-8.

Teams that are better than them:

Ohio State
Duke
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
Connecticut
San Diego State

tu, Kansas, A&M, and BYU should be tied for 7th right now.
Houstonag
AG
Sips are playing good right now. They are dropping buckets from everywhere. Their D is good also. Give them their due.
CapCityAg89
AG
On a neutral court or at home, Texas crushes SDSU. The rest of those games are toss-ups on a neutral court. Of course, you could probably say that about A&M or Mizzou and certainly KU as well. As has been posted - all four of those are very very good teams.
CGSC Lobotomy
Until San Diego State loses a game, you CANNOT rank them below a 3-loss team.
JohnAG11
As much as I hate to say it, I think they're earning their rank right now. If a #11 team can go down by double digits while playing like crap before halftime, then get it corrected and come play lights out in the second half to take down the #2 team in the nation (who we KNOW is a worthy team) I think they definitely deserve their rank. Let's give them their due this one time.

-Member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2011
CapCityAg89
AG
Ahhh, I agree with the ranking; just not the "better than".
Bob in Houston
quote:
Until San Diego State loses a game, you CANNOT rank them below a 3-loss team.

Sagarin and Pomeroy don't have a problem with it.
chazhorn
Texas gets all of the calls in all sports.

Even in marbles (back in our more halcyon days in the sport), I once saw a senior shooter of our's clearly hit the tolley *twice* whilst in the ring. Those marbling Refs just acted like it didn't happen.
jickyjack1
Is you crazy? They is vera good.
LaurAg
They've won AT North Carolina, AT Mich State, & AT Kansas. That's a pretty salty road trifecta.

Laura
Heisenberg
well u can scratch syracuse off that list, probably SDSU after tommorow as well
wtr1975
AG
No they are not overrated
fahraint
ttt
Jackie Chiles
AG
Another double digit conference win for Texas.

They are the best overrated team I have ever seen in the history of overrated teams.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hmmm...they might even be UNDERrated.

Ohio State versus Texas on a neutral court tomorrow...who do you guys got?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.