Played bball at the Rec w/ Khris Middleton today............

7,508 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AW 1880
tbirdspur2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dude is a FREAK, destroying fools w/o breaking a sweat. Aggie hoops is in good hands
Dr Pepper

~ Trust Me, I'm A Doctor ~
Fatguy
He's a pro! The NBA kind. Mark it down!!
gunan01
AG
So he torched a buncha wannabe playground ballers at the Rec...color me unimpressed.

More importantly, did he go to Subway afterwards, and if so, did he order one of those delish chocolate chip cookies?
language expert
You know who NEVER torched anybody at the REC?
bmart97
AG
I played a lot of ball in the Rec from '95-97. There were many times I played with our scholarship players and while they were better than this wanna be, it was clear that we didn't have the talent to compete at a high level. I know nothing about the OP, but if the competition is still as good as I imagine on the A court and he's destroying dudes, then I'm excited. I think there are NBA caliber players on our roster, I hope they become impact NBA players. It's great for recruiting.
chickity china
there have been countless players "destroy" guys at the rec, and they rarely see the court come season
bankshot11
AG
I saw J-Train destroying some dudes in bball at the rec once. It was pretty crazy considering his size, but I think he played bball in HS
mgmgrand
AG
played up there today as well...was kinda funny at one point this kid kinda got up into him a bit on defense. Khris said something to him then the kid jawed back a little and the next play Khris promptly went crossover dribble to the rim for the finish.

I think it was Elston that was playing with Khris as well, dude went 7-8 from 3pt in one of the games, with a pretty decent defender on him. Like not just set up threes, im talking fading away a couple times and a few from 25ft+.
He also windmilled. So if that wasn't Elston...Khris better let Turge know about his friend
EliteZags
AG
a 'wannabe' once played his way onto the roster at the rec, Brian Gahan legendary rec baller scored at will from all over the court, once singlehandedly led his team of white scrubs over back to back games against Antoine, Acie and company, was so dominant our players got BCG to seek him out and offer him a spot on the roster
ClickClack
AG
Was his hair perfect?
HirschfeldAg
and CW also?
CDub06
AG
No Hirschfeld. I only schooled fools at indoor soccer.
Bayloriswin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpebiLrdLk
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
played up there today as well...was kinda funny at one point this kid kinda got up into him a bit on defense. Khris said something to him then the kid jawed back a little and the next play Khris promptly went crossover dribble to the rim for the finish.

I think it was Elston that was playing with Khris as well, dude went 7-8 from 3pt in one of the games, with a pretty decent defender on him. Like not just set up threes, im talking fading away a couple times and a few from 25ft+.
He also windmilled. So if that wasn't Elston...Khris better let Turge know about his friend

Yeah, that dude was light's out all game long. Team I was on gave 'em a decent run (had 'em down 7-3 at one point), but they turned up the defense and we got sloppy and that was all she wrote. Lost by 3 with Khris draining an NBA worthy 3 pointer with a hand in his face.
chickity china
occasionaly, and i stress, occasionally...there is a guy at the rec that is probably good enough to get a legitimate tryout as a walk on. but just because these guys (scholarship, or walk on) "destroy" at the rec, does in know way correlate to how they will do against better competition.
Hoops McCann
I like Khris, but he can't out shoot me yet!
tbirdspur2010
AG
Since some of y'all misunderstand the purpose of the thread........

I'm not saying Aggie players are excellent simply because the schooled people they're supposed to school--it's because I know a good basketball player when I see/play against one, regardless of setting.

And for the record, they're not infallible--my first points of the game came from picking off a lazy pass from Elston to Middleton and fastbreaking for a layup on the other end. But like I said, you'd be hard pressed to tell me they were playing anywhere near their midseason form, so color me unconcerned
Blazer
AG
RULE #1
monkeyaround
Brian Gahan also had been a walk-on at Iowa State.
chickity china
youre proving my point. it has everything to do with setting. how in the world can you tell how good someone is or can be by seeing them play in a open gym setting?
mgmgrand
AG
because chickity china, when you have actually played basketball at the 5A level and played against kids that go to a lot of good programs and actually watch a lot of basketball in person, you can tell.

He isn't saying Khris is gonna be an all-american this year, but he was looking so smooth on the court today and hitting most of his shots
tbirdspur2010
AG
chickity china: Two words--body language. Even in an open gym setting, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who has legitimate talent and who doesn't. It wasn't just the long range shots or the athleticism, it was the way they handled themselves around the rim, and the court vision they displayed w/o even really trying to put on a show. I was impressed, that's all.

Why are you in such a hurry to discredit? It's not like I said a couple pick up games at the rec make them a lock for the final four or something like that lol. Just take it for what it is.
chickity china
ive been trolling for a comment like that mgm, thanks
hurleyag
AG
Try being 6'2" and having to guard Davis before you start bragging about you stealing a lazy pass
Heisenberg
OP, chris chapman and shawn schepel would do the same thing against you and your rec ballers. What is your point again?
EliteZags
AG
no... they wouldn't
tbirdspur2010
AG
Some of y'all are ridiculous lol. Lemme break it down for you.

First off, I was hardly bragging about the lazy pass--that's why I called it lazy; I wouldn't have had a prayer to get a hand on it had they been playing at Big 12 game level--it was just a product of playing a friendly pick-up game. If anything, that's a compliment in my book. The only reason I brought it up was because chickity china was attempting to diminish their Rec play, not to make myself look good. I love to play bball, but I'm not anywhere close to those guys on my best of days, and I'm fine with that.

Hurley--I've guarded Davis at the rec before (and I'm only 6 ft.). He's a fun guy to play a game against, and yes, he busted my tail several times over. Still managed to get him a couple times off well placed screens. I've played with Sloan, Holmes, and Carter, to name a few, and there's a damn good reason they're on the team while I wouldn't be worthy of a good run in one of their practices. But in pick-up games, all bets are off, and I'd be lying if I told you regular rec guys like myself are intimidated just because they show up. It's just fun to have that level of talent to play with/against.

My point though, was simply that it was a fun experience for Aggie bball team members to play out there, as always. Every one of 'em I've met has been extremely down to earth and willing to play with anybody.
hurleyag
hurleyag
AG
When do you play? I am going to start going back now that the semester is starting up again.
Heisenberg
quote:
no... they wouldn't

why not?
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
When do you play? I am going to start going back now that the semester is starting up again.

Usually 3 or 4 times a week, and usually later at night (I've been going a lot this summer though). Pretty easy to find--just look for the black guy wearing a black Ginobili jersey lol. Hit me up! Always looking to run with somebody--I love to play
chickity china
so the original post "in good hands" was referring to the character of the players and not their abilities...thanks for clarifying!
tbirdspur2010
AG
Whatever makes you happy, chickity I really don't care--just take it for what it's worth. Anyone would be a fool to disrespect their game, though.
chickity china
im not "disrespecting their game", im disrespecting your assessment of their pick up "game" and how it correlates to the ncaa
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.