A&M game not shown in Dallas

9,316 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by lazuras_dc
AggieTFA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
thanks farmer, I've already sent foote an e-mail. I plan on sending another one tomorrow afternoon

To 1,000,000 touchdowns...and beyond
superunknown
AG
quote:
The correct answer is for our AD - and the University as a whole - to revoke any and all media access for this affiliate and any and all employees of other media outlets owned by their parent company.

Agree 100%.

also, Gap...you're right, I misspoke. Ratings for this year's tournament are obviously not in. I was speaking to the general ratings of the station. I'm not sure if anyone is using this year's rates and expecting next year's to be more. Any broadcaster who does surely hasn't been paying attention to the industry in a couple of years. This point did make me curious, though, so I did reach out to some friends of mine in different markets to see how things are going there.

I'm not sure if the "omnipotent" jab was supposed to be degrading or what. I'm trying to offer some insight and reasoning behind KTVT's decision in hopes of giving the fans in Dallas something to fight with other than blind rage/outrage. Please accept my apologies if I offended you.
The Collective
AG
It's pretty ridiculous. How many Aggies in DFW?
AggieDPT
AG
OU or t.u. would be broadcast everywhere....I get to go to a ****ing sports bar in Wichita Falls because Time Warner doesn't even offer CBS College Sports...bull****.
HeyMoe
AG
I can't boycott CBS Sports, they have the NFL and college football in the fall.

But I can damn sure not watch their local news broadcast anymore. So I won't. And that's a shame too, cause Karen Borta is hot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duck Blind
AG
Just get DirecTV with the sports pkg. Problem solved for all.
tylerintexas
quote:
I have U-verse, so I'll have to go to a sports bar to see the game.

My UVerse channel listing added CBS College Sports a few weeks back as part of their Sports Package (which costs $10 a month). It's something like 1642 or 1643 in HD.
Mutual_Friend
quote:
Just get DirecTV with the sports pkg. Problem solved for all.

Actually, that doesn't solve the problem at all. The problem isn't access to the game- anyone who really wants to watch it will be able to find somewhere. The problem is the total lack of repsect being shown A&M and its supporters by local TV stations. If we don't make noise about BS like this, we will alsways be treated like the red-headed stepchild of Texas college sports.
p-wonk01
AG
UVerse 1643HD 643SD
aggies1960
We'll see what BB says tomorrow about all this... Where's my shades icon?
rcb05
AG
I know U-verse carries the package, but I'd have to upgrade. I may look into upgrading for all of six hours.
Pro Ag
AG
Contact advertisers. They can make the change.
BohunkAg
AG
http://sportsmediablog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/03/more-on-channel-11s-ncaa-tourn.html

quote:
Ch. 11 reminds us that the Utah State vs. Texas A&M will air on CBS College Sports at 3:45 p.m. and ALL games are streamed live online at www.cbssports.com.

What a bunch of d-bags....

"hey, you can always catch the game on your computer."

To those who scoff at the notion there is some anti-Aggie bias out there, this is a prime example.

[This message has been edited by BohunkAg (edited 3/17/2010 8:31a).]
agent-maroon
AG
http://cbs11tv.com/programming

EDIT Never mind - it's back to listing the local news. Bastages...

[This message has been edited by agent-maroon (edited 3/17/2010 8:42a).]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rcb05
AG
It's still showing up as the local and national news for me.
Dallasag02
AG
This is pathetic. I won't be watching local CBS in the future, and I'll be encouraging other Aggies not to do so as well.

Bill Byrne needs to do something here, this is not acceptable. It's time to earn that big raise you gave yourself, $Bill.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Cubbies are getting preempted for UNT.
HeyMoe
AG
I guess CBS has little control over their local affiliates, but they hype the fact that March Madness is on their network like the Second Coming and then a local station decides they're going to skip the game so they can show local news, which largely consists of weather and interviews with people *****ing about long lines at the DMV. Perfect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AggieTFA06
AG
e-mail ken foote at kenf@ktvt.com

Let him know how you feel texags! BOYCOTT CH 11 news!

To 1,000,000 touchdowns...and beyond
agent-maroon
AG
No Baylor either? WTF is wrong with these people?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Will94
quote:
No Baylor either? WTF is wrong with these people?

They can't show Baylor. Dallas is UNT's home television market.
sichair
AG
Email sent via two seperate addresses.
chick79
AG
quote:
Email sent via two seperate addresses.

Me too.... everyone needs to do this.... even non-Metroplex folks.... this is garbage for A&M!
northside_99
But, but, Aston94 knows all and he said it would be on CBS when I posted this topic on Sunday after the selections.

Aston94, what happened man, I thought I didn't know what I was talking about. Jacka**.
army01
AG
quote:
they're going to skip the game so they can show local news, which largely consists of weather and interviews with people *****ing about long lines at the DMV. Perfect.

They'll probably end up doing a story on how pissed off Aggies are that the game isn't being televised....
MW03
AG
just chimed in with my 2 cents. Basically told old Ken that he needed to pull his head out of his ass, or I'd do my part to make sure that the DFW Aggies knew just what CBS thinks of our school and that I could guarantee my family wouldn't be watching his station any more.

The funny thing is that we wouldn't miss out on anything anyway.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
emailed ken as well as the sportsradio 1310 guys to hopefully stir this up a bit.
Aston94
AG
quote:
But, but, Aston94 knows all and he said it would be on CBS when I posted this topic on Sunday after the selections.

Aston94, what happened man, I thought I didn't know what I was talking about. Jacka**.

Go back and look at what I said, moron. I said the game would be on tv in Texas.

From what I have read on this thread it appears the game will be on TWO channels in the D/FW market: CBSCS and local channel 21.

BohunkAg
AG
I don't think dude likes you Aston.
Aston94
AG
Apparently not.

I told him to quit worrying, the game would be on tv, and I get this.
chick79
AG
Is this going to be on Dallas Channel 21..........?
ZoneClubber
AG
where's the San Antonio outrage? get on it S.A. people, I'll be there Friday.
Dallas Ag00
AG
No. TXA 21 will be showing "King of Queens" or some other stupid sh&^% no one will be watching. Gonna have to find a f@#%ing sports bar. This is f%$&ed up!!
BohunkAg
AG
As said before, CBS College Sports *should* be in free preview mode right now. So even if you don't think you get it, you should try and see if you do right now.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
not free on Uverse, as least as of last night

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.