A&M game not shown in Dallas

9,321 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by lazuras_dc
tpayne105
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got this from Ken Foote, director of programming at KTVT, Ch 11 in DFW

As far as the A&M game is concerned, that game is only being seen in five markets around the country (mainly in markets adjacent to College Station and then Salt Lake City ) and Dallas is not one of them.

Surprised???

Know Your Enemy
AG
troll
t-shirt aggie
AG
Good thing I have CBS college sports or I'd be pretty pissed
The Milkman
AG
hahaha suck on that dallas
belowpar
AG
quote:
troll

???

It's not going to be on CBS here in Dallas. Going to have to hook a computer up to the TV and watch the free on demand.
BohunkAg
AG
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsmedia/2010/03/post_55.html

quote:
CBS College Sports Network will carry the Texas A&M-Utah State game Friday from Spokane, Wash. However, the game also will air on CBS stations in Texas, including KHOU (Channel 11).

Regardless about whether Barron is right about the CBS stations, the fact remains the game will be seen by 100% of the country on CBS College Sports (including Dallas), thus guaranteeing us more coverage than any other game that day.

[This message has been edited by BohunkAg (edited 3/16/2010 3:08p).]
rcb05
AG
The local TV listings show the local news on from 4 to 6 p.m.
Know Your Enemy
AG
http://cbs11tv.com/contact
AgEfan
send my complaint it
coop214
AG
CBS sport channel has the UTEP game on in the Dallas area. This really sucks.

Looked at the wrong date. looks like I will be ordering the CBS sports channel for one day.

[This message has been edited by ethio_aggie (edited 3/16/2010 3:36p).]
sichair
AG
This blows. Bar anyone?
rcb05
AG
Frankie's on McKinney is good for game-watching. It'll most likely be packed for the tourney.
TempleAg97
AG
I wonder what "adjacent" to College Station means. I live in Temple and my guide shows that the game is NOT on. This is not good. Suggestions?
andy_aggie
AG
Regarding bars, saw these on Metroplex board:

Frisco/Plano - http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1596309&forum_id=37

And Fort Worth - http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1595877&forum_id=37
ZoneClubber
AG
I think TexAgs should still flood the guy with email
andy_aggie
AG
Agreed.
culdeus
AG
This very predictable when they listed the game time. I can't see how anyone is surprised by this at all.
eiggA2002
AG
DirectTV program guide has A&M v USU on CBS College Sports in Dallas. Problem solved...at least for me
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
I wonder what "adjacent" to College Station means. I live in Temple and my guide shows that the game is NOT on. This is not good. Suggestions?

Waco and Bryan/College Station are in the same market for TV purposes. That is, KBTX and KWTX show the same programming. It will be on KWTX.
Boro Ag 2000
AG
DirecTV guide in CS has Oprah on in our time slot on KBTX and KWTX.
Philip J Fry
AG
Stupid question...is CBS College Sports a part of the directv sports pack?
sportfan73
wow somehow I get CBS College Sports

it's 195 on my Time Warner extended basic
Will94
B/CS is part of the Waco/Temple/Bryan DMA (designated market area). Dallas and Houston are both adjacent markets. I am not saying that the game will be on in Dallas... only that it doesn't make sense to say that the game will be on in adjacent markets and not Dallas. Here is a map of our DMA (in blue).

rcb05
AG
Yeah, I had it with Time Warner, but switched to U-verse last month. Now I don't...
agent-maroon
AG
Not a troll. Just called KTVT and the person answering the phone said that they were not carrying the game. When I got irate she transferred me to Ken Foote who was not answering his phone.

I'm glad I took a day of vacation so I can I can find somewhere where my 15 yo son and I can watching the f'n game...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aston94
AG
quote:
is CBS College Sports a part of the directv sports pack?

Yes, it is like channel 614 or so.
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
DirecTV guide in CS has Oprah on in our time slot on KBTX and KWTX.

Try going to the station website....the DirecTV guide is not the first thing updated. Both stations show the game being on.
Mutual_Friend
Here's the email I send to Channel 11. While I don't ususually b**** and moan about media conspiracies and lack of respect for A&M, the decision not to air a game involving one of the state's flagship universities is a slap in the face. Unless and until we make our displeasure about our apparent stepchild status known, we will continue to draw the short straw in terms of media coverage in the state.

quote:
In reviewing your programming schedule for this Friday, it appears that you have chosen not to air Texas A&M's first round NCAA tournament game on your network. While the game is available on CBS College Sports, many households, and thus many Aggie fans, do not have access to that channel.

Airing the game on a backwater cable channel which reaches a limited number of households is a tremendous slap in the face to Texas A&M and Aggie fans in the DFW area. I sincerely hope you reconsider and broadcast the A&M game on the network which reaches the most households and which will air every other NCAA tournament game. Should you choose not to air the A&M game on Channel 11, I will have to conclude that you do not value the viewership of A&M fans and will adjust my viewing practices accordingly.

[This message has been edited by Mutual_Friend (edited 3/16/2010 4:39p).]
Boro Ag 2000
AG
quote:
Try going to the station website....the DirecTV guide is not the first thing updated. Both stations show the game being on.

Thanks for the info, Bohunk!
OldArmy71
AG
According to the SA Express-News today, the game will not be on the regular CBS station in San Antonio. However, it will be on channel 117 which will be provided as a free preview by Time Warner cable.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Now Austin's TV listings and CBS site's listings don't show the game being shown here either....I'm not sure whether or not to panic yet. Panic meaning plan on driving to the sports bar.
BohunkAg
AG
The poster above brought up a good point. Saw where CBS College Sports is being shown as a "free preview" this month (coinciding with the tournament). So even if you don't get it, you probably will get it for the game. Hope that makes sense.
TempleAg97
AG
Bohunk - That makes sense, but I am looking at my guide and it has basketball going off at 4:00 and local programming and news coming on.
Mutual_Friend
I get the channell at home on Direct TV. And even if I didn't, I was planning on begin at bar anyway.

For me it's a sign of the lack of respect for A&M in the state media. Seems to me the decision is "Well, hell, it's just A&M. We put them on cable." I'm betting if Texas or possibly even OU were playing in that slot, the game would be on the network and not the CBS equivalent of ESPN Ocho.
BohunkAg
AG
*sigh*

Turn to Friday at 4 PM

http://titantvguide.titantv.com/apg/ttv.aspx?siteid=49984

This is directly from the What's On link at KWTX.com

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.