A&M game not shown in Dallas

9,397 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by lazuras_dc
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watch the local news on the DFW station today.

Note all local advertisers.

Compile a list and post their contact information here.

If they want to support the station by providing precious commercial revenue that's more important to the station than showing our game, then let them know that their choice will result in lost business.
agent-maroon
AG
I checked and as others have said, Time Warner has our game listed on channel 790 in HD.

Baylor game, not so much...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
sirhc
AG
is 790 the cbs college? fios doesn't offer that channel in HD
agent-maroon
AG
790 is listed as "CBSCH", which I'm guessing is the acronym for CBS college sports in HD...

HTH. Man this sucks
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
northside_99
Aston,
Not sure why this is so difficult.

My thread was "Will our game be on CBS", and then specifically clarified within the thread about the DFW area as my main concern.

You found it needed to try and play know it all twice, and as it turns out, CBS in DFW will indeed not be showing the game, per my concern.

You can hide behind, "Well it's on CBSC" as a lame fall back all you want, but 90% of people don't get CBSC, which is why CBS was the issue.

My only beef was you talking down to a topic and poster that as it turned out you had no knowledge of.

I believe the quotes were:
"You don't know what you're talking about" and
"You still don't know what you're talking about"

How'd that work out?

Mutual_Friend
Ladies,

Please take the time and energy you are wasting on your slap fight and focus it towards getting Channel 11 to give the Ags the respect they deserve.

Thank you.
rcb05
AG
I gotta agree with northside on this one. Aston, you were being a d-bag and were proven to be wrong.
Aston94
AG
rcb05-

Didn't know we were taking sides. I just told him that the game would be on tv and not to worry about it.

It will be on tv. I never said it would be on channel 11, but I knew that in the past those games that fell into the news time slot were shown elsewhere.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Just got off the phone with a CBS Sports spokesperson in New York. She says that if Channel 11 asks by this afternoon for the Texas A&M-Utah State game, scheduled to tip off at 3:45 p.m. on Friday, CBS will give the station the game.

I can't imagine that Channel 11, aka CBS11, won't ask. Can you?

Sidebars:
The game is scheduled to be broadcast in Houston, Bryan, Waco, Tyler and Salt Lake City.

The Aggie base of former students in Dallas and environs is HUGE.

*Aggie starters Bryan Davis and Donald Sloan are Dallas-area products.

If CBS11 doesn't do the right thing, the game will be available on cable's CBS College Sports. The network is available on Time Warner Cable, Verizon Fios, AT&T U-Verse, DirecTV and Dish Network

Here's CBS11's current Aggie-unfriendly schedule for Friday:
Minnesota-Xavier, 11:25 a.m
Missouri-Clemson, 1:35 p.m
Georgia Tech-Oklahoma State, 6:15 p.m.
Houston-Maryland, 8:40 p.m.

http://sportsmediablog.dallasnews.com/
chrisocker
AG
I just emailed that Ken guy from every available email account I have. I hope something gets done.
northside_99
Aston,
That's funny, I could have sworn the title of the thread was "Will our game be on CBS..".

Not on TV, not on MMM, no on some obscure cable channel, not online, obviously all of those are the case, and was never the question in doubt.

That's why the MMM package exists, so that every game is on "TV" if you pay for it, so your backpedal stance is flimsy at best.

I'm done with the cat fight. All's cool, just felt compelled to call you on it as you came on pretty tough Sunday for no reason and missed.

rcb, thanks for seeing it.
Aston94
AG
northside- see your other thread. This discussion over two threads is confusing me.
sichair
AG
Internet arguing is like the special oly... I think you know the rest.
Dat Win
AG
I've emailed the PD, and left a complaint on the website. Let's hope they listen.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Just got this response:
quote:
HI Dr., Thanks for writing. I wanted to let you know that we've been able to schedule the game on CBS 11 immediately following the game in the "game 2" broadcast window. So, while we may have to join the game in progress a little late, it will air on CBS 11. Thanks!
Mutual_Friend
quote:
This just in from CBS: The good folks at Channel 11 have decided to broadcast the Texas A&M-Utah State game on Friday. They called CBS in New York to make it official. The first-round NCAA Tournament game from Spokane is scheduled to tip off at 3:45 pm.

Right now Channel 11 will broadcast the Aggies just as soon as the Missouri-Clemson game ends. But there is a chance that the station will switch for the tip. Talk about service.

http://sportsmediablog.dallasnews.com/
mv09
CBS College Sports

DirecTV 613

in High Definition

[This message has been edited by mv09 (edited 3/17/2010 12:56p).]
Ervin Burrell
AG
Good work Dallas Ags...my lazy ass wasn't going to write any e-mails. Glad you guys did.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Thanks for your email. We have been in contact with the station this morning and CBS 11 in Dallas will carry the Aggies’ game.

There was some scheduling and distribution issues the station had to confirm with CBS and the NCAA in order to show the game.

Thanks,

Steve Miller
Texas A&M Athletics
Cultish Oil Billionaire
AG
Per the latest Ticket Ticker in Dallas:

A&M game will air on CBS 11 right after the conclusion of the Mizzou - Clemson game (likely already in progress)
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Frisco - Ag
AG
Ticket tiickeeeer...
Aggie_Eric98
AG
google your cbs affiliate and contact the program director.
sichair
AG
I will help do my part and contact someone in San Antonio if given the email address and or telephone number with names.
BohunkAg
AG
http://www.kens5.com/on-tv/contact

KENS is a Belo station. You may be S.O.L.
twk
AG
I looked into this question here in Wichita Falls, and our local affilliate wasn't even aware of the problem. After making a couple of calls to get to the right person, they immediately contacted CBS and got lined up to carry the game. The local person told me that the affilliate rep was getting several calls from Texas stations today seeking to carry this game, so most stations, evidently, are simply unaware of the situation, and not being mule-headed like KTVT. If you live in one of the smaller markets in Texas, one or two calls might do the trick.
bojangles
where did janag81 go? she loves to complain irrationally about conspiracies, but then is nowhere to be found when proven wrong (as always).
Gap
AG
quote:
most stations, evidently, are simply unaware of the situation

This is this people's occupation. They are either fools or simply incompetent.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
where did janag81 go? she loves to complain irrationally about conspiracies, but then is nowhere to be found when proven wrong (as always).

Here is what she posted:

quote:

Bingo.
Cue the mockers who don't think we are disrespected.

"Just win". Right. That's working out well.

Where's the conspiracy theory there? And how was she proven wrong?

The original decision to not air the game - apparently changed after Aggie outcry - certainly seemed to be a sign of a lack of respect.
bojangles
1. there's no conspiracy. superunknown posted a pretty good explaination of why.
2. there was never much doubt that the game would get picked up.
3. she thinks that everything in her life that has ever gone wrong is because she is being persecuted for either her aggieness, or her political beliefs. the reality is that some folks (and a lot of the aggie message board fandom falls here) love to be a victim just to have something to cry about.
AggBock
AG
KXTA 21 in DFW is what the radio said.
superunknown
AG
quote:
This is this people's occupation. They are either fools or simply incompetent.

Most likely both. Sadly, neither competence or compassion is a requirement for working in the media.

For what it's worth, I did get a reply from my inquiry about ad rates for the last couple of years...a buddy of mine who was recently working for a major tv/entertainment company says they were worse this year as compared to last year, but that he doesn't care any more, because he's out of the media.

Glad to know it's been taken care of. It's always a good idea to keep an eye on these fools when it comes to this sort of thing. Somewhere along the way broadcasters decided that it was more important to shake out every last cent than to serve the public good.

tpayne105
I am glad the game is going to be shown, albeit, likely joined in progress. When I started this thread, wow, I had no idea it would cause this stir. I am glad it did.

In the past 2 days, I have emailed Ken Foote 3 times and each time he wrote back. I sent him links to stations across the country already showing games on their alternate channels and one, in Phoenix, giving viewers a vote in what "second" game would be shown.

I am trying to take any credit but I agree with many of you...how in the world can someone in his position NOT show this game (or even the Baylor game) or AT LEAST make it available to local viewers. To me that is VERY poor awareness (my biggest pet peeve!)...

Enjoy the game ... hehe you are welcome!!!

Todd
superunknown
AG
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/KENS_adds_Aggies_to_Friday_lineup.html

quote:
CBS normally allows its affiliates four games a day during the first round. KENS’ management, spurred by calls from A&M fans, was able to persuade CBS to add the game to KENS’ Friday schedule.
TAMUallen
AG
So I skimmed through this thread and probably skipped over the answer to my question but my question remains.

Is the game on CBS in the DFW area now?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.