Notifications - can't "Delete bookmark" when a thread is removed from the site

1,280 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ooshwa
Red Red Wine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, I replied on the jerk, ehhh, person, who tried to joke about Conner Weigman entering the portal. So it popped up in my notifications on the App.

But, when I went to delete the bookmark - it won't let me. It isn't an option. Do those delete on their own after a set time period or do you need to find a workaround to allow us to delete bookmarks for threads that have been deleted from the site already?

Probably would be better if it would "auto-delete" on the App and maybe it does as I'm guessing the content on the site ports over to the app on some set time schedule?
Red Red Wine
AG
Also. If I'm following someone, say, CoastAg, and I get a notification and read the thread he posted in, when I go back to Notifications I can't delete the bookmark.

We should be able to delete any bookmark for any reason at any time, correct?
rcb
AG
Bump to address same issue. How do we delete notifications once we've read them. Specifically referring to notifications that are not attached to threads that are Watchlisted.

When app launched, I noticed you could swipe a notification and bring up the : button (or more options) and you could choose to delete notification. It worked one time but hasn't since.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
There is not a means to delete notifications. You can delete the bookmark, which will remove its notifications, but that is just a by-product.

If "old" notifications are an annoyance to your viewing, I'd suggest selecting the show "Unread Only" from the Notifications screen
Red Red Wine
AG
Thanks for the response, but I still have bookmarks I would like to delete that can not be deleted. I get the read/unread filters, but still leaves a ton of bookmarks I no longer want to have in my bookmarks page.

Is this making sense?
ooshwa
Staff
AG
You can still delete bookmarks (ie. watchlist items) just as you have in the past. https://texags.com/forums/watchlist
ooshwa
Staff
AG
…also in the app:

Red Red Wine
AG
Can you go to my account and try to delete the bookmarks that saved on the "Notifications" page in the App?

I do not have the option to delete. Some could be deleted, but there are over 30 in there that have no action except when I hit on it, it opens the thread.

EDIT: The issue is deleting whatever you are calling the items on the "Notification" page on the app. Those are what I want to delete. I thought you were calling them bookmarks, but I can see that's a separate page.

IAnd, yes, I do know you can show "Unread Only", but it will still be nice to clean up the Notifications tab. Look dude, I'm an engineer. My brain is OCD. I apologize for my problems!!!

ooshwa
Staff
AG
The notifications (on the notification page) cannot be deleted. There are not intended to be a list to manage, but rather, just a stream of events.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.