website slow....

859 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Whens lunch
Whens lunch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
and I get the repetitive banners at the top of my Safari page:

"This webpage is using significant energy. Closing it may improve responsiveness of your Mac."

Closing the page and reopening TexAgs just results in the same message moments later. its been gong on a couple of weeks.

I have never seen this banner on any other website.

Is there something going on with the ads?

Please help if you have any familiarity with this. I haven't found a straight answer online.

edit: I did a Force Quit of Safari and we've been back to normal for a few mins. Nevermind. Thx.

edit 2: Its back. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx.
WoMD
Yep, definitely a resource hog. Worst performance of any site I've used in as long as a can remember, starting a few months ago. Before then it was fine.

My iPad mini is almost unusable at times, and right now it is running scaldingly hot when using Texags forums for a while. When using my brand new completely maxed out iMac it gives the alert that it is using abnormal resources to run at all times, as noted above, and recommends closing the tab. There is not a time when it isn't giving this alert.

What gives? I use other sites that run ads, but they NEVER give this type of issue. What are you guys doing over there...???

I shouldn't have to use ad blocker for a website to function. Hire an IT person to clean up this mess.
Oso96
AG
Been having the same problem. What can you do to fix it?
Whens lunch
AG
Bump. Texags is ridiculously slow...eating resources....laptop wants me to close the Texags window because its using too much memory....reloads page because website is using too much memory.

I don't have this problem on any other website I frequent on the internet. So I suspect its Texags or their ads.

Any assistance, even a response would be appreciated.

Thx.
Not when I'm done with it.
lucid
AG
Sorry guys, this post slipped through the cracks.

We've been having all sorts of ad trouble the past few weeks. We have filters and safeguards in place that are supposed to prevent bad ads that bog your computer down, redirect you to another page, etc. Every now and then malicious ad creators find a way around those and start attacking us again.

We feel like we made some progress over the weekend, however. If you're still having trouble, try to see what ads are on the page and what they're advertising for, etc. If we're able to identify the bad ads, it helps us block them.
Whens lunch
AG
Thanks for your help...I'll try to pay attention to the ads should it happen again.
Not when I'm done with it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.