Twitter Quotes Not Showing On Texags Threads

1,965 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jjdad1111
TravelaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lately anytime a tweet is posted or linked in a thread it shows a blank box or empty space on my Samsung Galaxy.

Help!
ooshwa
Staff
AG
This almost always ends up being (in order of frequency)

1. Ad blockers
2. Browser extensions intefereing
3. Corporate firewalls

For #1 and #2, I'd temporarily disable them one-by-one to find the guilty party.
digging tunnels
AG
I just started having same issues on my Android phone. I never changed any settings on my phone. Yesterday they worked fine. I tried step 1. Still not able to see tweets.

Don't know what to do for step 2 or 3
The Collective
AG
Same. Just started today, no updates or changes to anything (Samsung S5). Brave is my browser.
lucid
AG
I received a few more reports of the same thing this week. All have been Android phones.

I'm still trying to find the root cause of this. I'll keep you posted.
lucid
AG
Out of curiosity, do the tweets show up on your phone if you switch to the desktop version of the site?
redeyeone
AG
I have the same problem. I am using an Android phone. The problem is occurring on the mobile and desktop versions of the website when accessed on my phone.
lucid
AG
As agchino posted on another thread, there's another possible solution for Chrome users.

On mobile, in the Chrome menu go to Settings > Site Settings > Cookies.

Make sure "Allow third-party cookies" is checked. Apparently disallowing third-party cookies has been preventing the embedded tweets from showing.
The Debt
lucid said:

Out of curiosity, do the tweets show up on your phone if you switch to the desktop version of the site?
No. Just a gray box mobile or desktop version through android default browser.
The Debt
Bump
SlygirlAg
AG
The Debt said:

Bump
Problem occurring on my iPad today.

Reloaded pages, and that seemed to have fixed it. Crisis averted!
lucid
AG
The Debt said:

Bump
Did you see if "Allow third-part cookies" is checked in your Chrome settings? More details in a couple posts above this.
eet_mor_beef
AG
I was having this issue and went through cookies settings, ad blocker settings, various browsers, windows defender... turning off my vpn did the trick HTH
AgShaun00
AG
i go to thread, just empty box, and i have to click out of it and back into for it to load. doesn't load the first time.
jjdad1111
AgShaun00 said:

i go to thread, just empty box, and i have to click out of it and back into for it to load. doesn't load the first time.
Same here.

Chrome 74.0.3729.157
Android 5.1.1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.