Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Kindle Edition of *The Joy of Cooking* is on sale for $1.99

1,029 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
Buzzy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is apparently the latest edition

https://www.amazon.com/Joy-Cooking-Irma-S-Rombauer-ebook/dp/B00AK78VTA

I don't know if anyone is a fan of the book, but this is considered a classic in cooking.

They have new sections on sous-vide cooking, fermentation, using a pressure cooker, and barbecue and smoking meats.

I thought someone on here might find it a useful deal, since apparently the normal price is $40.
Wild West Pimp Style
Eliminatus
AG
Picked it up. Thanks for the find!
Buzzy

Prego.

From reading through it briefly, I like the action format of writing, telling you what you need to know at that moment.

I think this may be the perfect gift for college students still learning to cook.

Wild West Pimp Style
Bruce Almighty
AG
I have it in print and on Kindle, and the Kindle version sucks to navigate through.
Buzzy
Bruce Almighty said:

I have it in print and on Kindle, and the Kindle version sucks to navigate through.
I've flipped through it a little on my computer and then on my phone. The index portion is handy.

I can see how it is better to have a print version but the ability to carry this book around on your phone wherever and whenever you need it cannot be overlooked. Think it is a perfect gift for parents of high school seniors looking at sending their kids off to college.
Wild West Pimp Style
Tailgate88
AG
Purchased, thanks!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I have a version from 1941

I give away my newest copy everytime I find an mod one

It's not on kindle
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.