Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Substitute for Ramen noodles

1,210 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aznaggiegirl07
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a salad that I put uncooked Ramen noodles to give it a crunch. I don't use the seasoning mix, just the crunchy noodles.

My DIL doesn't eat Ranen noodles. What would be a good substitute that may be considered more healthy?

Thanks
lazuras_dc
AG
If you're just looking for texture, I throw pistachio, macadamia nuts and sliced/shredded almonds in my salad for same reason.
Science Denier
AG
Thanks so much.

I put sliced almonds in it. It's an Asian salad and has quite a bit of flavor. So I don't want to crunch up chips or anything with a different flavor. May try those crunchy tortillas strips.

Thanks!!
JCA1
AG
Different kind of crunch but maybe bean sprouts if it's an Asian salad? Or water chestnut slivers?
Science Denier
AG
JCA1 said:

Different kind of crunch but maybe bean sprouts if it's an Asian salad? Or water chestnut slivers?

Good idea. Maybe I'll try that one. They are kind of crunchy. They do have a flavor to them though.
Txmoe
AG
Science Denier said:

I have a salad that I put uncooked Ramen noodles to give it a crunch. I don't use the seasoning mix, just the crunchy noodles.

My DIL doesn't eat Ranen noodles. What would be a good substitute that may be considered more healthy?

Thanks
Another option is to not add the noodles until serving, then you're DIL can simply omit. (Or set aside a small portion for her w/o the noodles.)
Science Denier
AG
Txmoe said:

Science Denier said:

Thanks
Another option is to not add the noodles until serving, then you're DIL can simply omit. (Or set aside a small portion for her w/o the noodles.)

Good point. There is a lot of chopping so I do it before hand. But it only takes a few seconds to crunch up the Ramen.
Sazerac
AG
Wonton strips
French fried onion strips
Science Denier
AG
Sazerac said:

Wonton strips
French fried onion strips

Do wonton strips have any flavor? I think the onion strips may change the flavor a bit. If the wanton strips are unsalted, that would probably be better than the ramen
Noodles.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Science Denier said:

Thanks so much.

I put sliced almonds in it. It's an Asian salad and has quite a bit of flavor. So I don't want to crunch up chips or anything with a different flavor. May try those crunchy tortillas strips.

Thanks!!
wasabi peas
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.