Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Turkey stock? Recipes?

1,195 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HTownAg98
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I put the carcass in a crockpot for 14 hours along with bay leaves, garlic, onion and carrots.

Now, what do I do with it?
superunknown
AG
Anything you'd do with chicken stock? Hell I've used turkey stock to make pinto beans in.
Max Power
AG
Make turkey and sausage gumbo with your leftovers.
HTownAg98
Use the leftover turkey to make turkey pho.
Bruce Almighty
AG
pozole
aznaggiegirl07
AG
I started a stock baggie - which is like onion, green onion roots, celery ends and such and i freeze them in a gallon baggie and when i get a rotisserie chicken, i'll make stock.
Tailgate88
AG
If you have a pressure cooker, that's the way to go with stock. We save the bones from rotisserie chickens and do the same thing as aznaggiegirl07 with old veggies - pressure cook for an hour, natural release - amazing stock.
B-1 83
AG
Gravy

Eot
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Hehateme1
Gallons and gallons of turkey soup.

Lots of recipes online, I just mainly use carrots, celery, turkey and egg noodles in the stock.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Tailgate88 said:

If you have a pressure cooker, that's the way to go with stock. We save the bones from rotisserie chickens and do the same thing as aznaggiegirl07 with old veggies - pressure cook for an hour, natural release - amazing stock.
Next time try using the skin as well as the bones from the rotisserie chicken. It really adds a lot of flavor.
HTownAg98
Another one I thought of: matzo ball soup. I prefer to clarify the stock first with some ground turkey breast, mirepoix, and egg white. It cleans up the stock, getting rid of the fat and impurities, so you get a soup that has a better mouthfeel. And if you feel like being a gentile heathen, make the matzo balls with lard.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.