Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Pellet smoker recommendation needed!!!!

11,263 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Streetfighter 02
aggiedata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll add my rec teq Wi-Fi controller set up is better than my friends P&S. He has had so much trouble with that add on, because that's what it is. It's additional.

Mine worked within 3 minutes of set up and it's included in the price.

Add all that up and P&S is easily $1200 more for the same size grill.
THEKingKong
So then why not just go with Traeger Vs going with Reqtec? If the Wifi feature is really important, isn't Traeger's proven and considered the best? I'm trying to make a decision as well it just seems like Traeger (even though it's built in China) is pretty much idiot proof and seemless. I was looking at the ironwood line Vs the timberline which seemed over the top. I have a big Kamado Joe which I use all the time but want to add a pellet smoker for the convenience.
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
I just got the recteq and it's much more versatile than my old traeger.
evan_aggie
AG
Following closely here and appreciate all of the feedback and opinions.

I bought a $160 offset grill and have been smoking with pellet mazes and tubes. But after doing this for a couple of years I'm finally ready to get something more automated where I don't have to keep feeding lump hardwood and charcoal every 40-60 minutes.

Plus I'd really like to get something started at midnight that can auto-feed. Anything have delayed start?

Funny as I originally thought Traeger was pricey and then my eyes started watering at the Yoder $2400 price. I can probably convince myself to get a RecTeq or stay under the $1200 price.

AgsMyDude
AG
Yoder's fireboard integration is overlooked way to much. Works flawlessly as well.
evan_aggie
AG
MosesHallEnforcer said:

700 or 590?
THEKingKong
MosesHallEnforcer said:

Versatile in what way? Are you doing anything more than Brisket, Ribs, chicken, etc. that's primarily what I would use a pellet smoker for. The Kamado Joe is perfect for reverse sears really tough to beat.
Absolute
AG
Been loving my Recteq 1250. Ridiculously easy to use. App is solid. Customer service was great with a coupl minor shipping issues (the bags of pellets in my bundle got holes in them and spilled all over.)

Have added a sear kit because I cannot seem to make myself want to go through the hassle of firing up the Big Joe.
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
Neither I got the bullseye deluxe and added in the sear kit.
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
OP was asking which brand pellet smoker to buy not trying to decide between a pellet vs a Kamado.

The recteq bullseye deluxe gets up to 1000 degrees and my traegar would barely push 450. So there's a lot more you can do at high temps, thus more versatile.
AggieSam02
AG
Just gonna leave this here: https://people.com/best-pellet-grills-7091105

We have Yoders in stock @ creekstoneoutdoors.com
NColoradoAG
AggieSam02 said:

Just gonna leave this here: https://people.com/best-pellet-grills-7091105

We have Yoders in stock @ creekstoneoutdoors.com

I too put a lot of stock in People magazine and Camryn from Rhode Island.

I have no skin in this game. Just like to needle the pellet grill folks.
AggieSam02
AG
Haha. I knew someone would call me out on that! Still #1 though!
Streetfighter 02
AG
I have a Smokin' Brothers pellet smoker and I've really liked it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.