Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Found a great turkey video...

1,973 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tailgate88
DiskoTroop
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Check that out! Great info here.
MarylandAG
Very interesting and I think worth trying. Thanks for sharing.
Tailgate88
AG
We may try this next Thursday.
WES2006AG
AG
TheFunnierPhideaux said:

I came across this guy a few months ago and he has become my favorite food YouTuber.

Made his beef stew last week and it turned out fantastic.
Rattler12
I'm in. We have 34 people showing up. 3 turkeys and a homemade ham. I have to fry 2 of the smaller turkeys or else get mutilated by spoiled family members but I think this will be perfect for the larger bird. I especially like the idea of being able to use the carcass for stock. May throw it in the oven at 450 for a while to roast it up. Thanks for posting it
12thAngryMan
AG
I've done the spatchcock method the past few years which helps with the cooking time, but this seems even better. I've literally never been to a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal where the bird was carved on the table, nor do I care, so this is a no brainer.
HTownAg98
TheFunnierPhideaux said:

Great video. The only thing he didn't do was remove the wishbone prior to carving the breast off the carcass which will make that task much easier. Everything else is spot on.
B-1 83
AG
This is sooooooooooo going to happen on the roasted turkey on Wednesday. The smoked one will be spatchcocked. Now to package and reheat Thursday…..
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
B-1 83
AG
And here's a start - cut off the carcass and sprinkled with kosher salt.
Tailgate88
AG
We're getting ours this afternoon and planning to prep tomorrow!
B-1 83
AG

We shall see……

The skin sure pulled on one breast, but it just hit 165, so it should be juicy and ok.
Rattler12
TheFunnierPhideaux said:

It was fantastic and will be repeated next year.....thanks once again for posting. We went through three turkeys that totaled 40 pounds raw weight......and ran out. Of course there were 43 of us. Now I've got two carcasses to make turkey noodle soup out of......you gotta recipe for that ? fingers crossed.
Tailgate88
AG
We had a small group and already had a ham but decided to do a small turkey like this. Slight mod we did the stock in the Inatantpot instead of the overnight simmer which worked great. (If you have never made stock in the Instantpot you are missing out.)

Anyway, great recipe!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.